unsatisfied with evolved

I have purchased lock on over a year ago and it has been fantastic, downloaded the patches and have had a blast with almost every aspect of the game and the experience. I remember flying Jetfighter I, and then microprose f-15, i have been a long time flight sim guy, and for my birthday on the 20th of September, I went out and purchased lock on gold with FC 1.1, as I am one of those people who likes to have the box and the disk, it came with the two disks even though I already had lock on originally, i figured that it could do nothing but help the dwindling genre of flight simulation. Well, as it turns out there is no code included with the game to access starforce, so I e-mailed starforce and they didn't know what was going on or why there wasn't a code in the game and directed me to Evolved Games, then i e-mailed Evolved Games and they told me to send in the disk, or a upc or a copy of the receipt, so I sent the upc and a short letter, along with my address and such. It has been 10 days. no reply, nothing i have e-mailed them back again and i haven't heard anything. On their message it says that it will be sent out within 48 hours from the time it was received. I am disappointed in the handling of this matter by Evolved Games, anticipation of flaming cliffs and the new flight models was racking my brain for a week, now sadly i am just more upset about losing the 30 dollars i spent again for this program. If there is anyone outthere with a better solution or has maybe had a similar experience i would be delighted to know about it.

cheers.

loki

I have purchased lock on over a year ago and it has been fantastic, downloaded the patches and have had a blast with almost every aspect of the game and the experience. I remember flying Jetfighter I, and then microprose f-15, i have been a long time flight sim guy, and for my birthday on the 20th of September, I went out and purchased lock on gold with FC 1.1, as I am one of those people who likes to have the box and the disk, it came with the two disks even though I already had lock on originally, i figured that it could do nothing but help the dwindling genre of flight simulation. Well, as it turns out there is no code included with the game to access starforce, so I e-mailed starforce and they didn't know what was going on or why there wasn't a code in the game and directed me to Evolved Games, then i e-mailed Evolved Games and they told me to send in the disk, or a upc or a copy of the receipt, so I sent the upc and a short letter, along with my address and such. It has been 10 days. no reply, nothing i have e-mailed them back again and i haven't heard anything. On their message it says that it will be sent out within 48 hours from the time it was received. I am disappointed in the handling of this matter by Evolved Games, anticipation of flaming cliffs and the new flight models was racking my brain for a week, now sadly i am just more upset about losing the 30 dollars i spent again for this program. If there is anyone outthere with a better solution or has maybe had a similar experience i would be delighted to know about it.

cheers.

loki

try the manual activation on the lockon.ru page

try the manual activation on the lockon.ru page

That won't help him - he has Lock On Gold, which just doesn't come with a code. It never should have asked for one, should have been a CD check . . . . only way to get a code would be for Starforce (as a third party) to generate one for you, and obviously they don't want to do that.

Apart from which, I think he's sent the disk off to be replaced . . . . .

Evolved haven't handled this well at all - I think everyone can agree on that.

Unfortunately, they have no affiliation with Eagle Dynamics . . . . . there is nothing that anyone here can actually do to help.

It's a pain.

Basic rundown on the Evolved situation, since you two seem to have missed it:

Evolved advertised Lock On Gold as having the features of Flaming Cliffs, for a long time.

They didn't actually have the right to USE Flaming Cliffs until about a week before it went on sale. Apparently it was a misunderstanding on their part - Ubi had informed them they had the most recent version of Lomac (i.e. patched to v1.02), but Evolved were marketing it as v1.1. Last minute negotiations, they got it.

When they actually started selling Lock On Gold, they screwed up with the installer. Whose faul that actually is, nobody's quite sure - but it should have installed a completely up-to-date version of Flaming Cliffs, complete with the fixes since release, using a Starforce-CD-check for anti-piracy.

Lock On Gold actually installed FC that wanted a Starforce activation code.

Cue major problems . . . . . and several people have complained that Evolved aren't turning the discs around as fast as they'd like. Several more have said that the disc did arrive in the end, but it is all a giant charlie foxtrot . . . .

I had the same problem, but I think I found a way to resolve it faster....

1st: I didn't "mail" anything.

2nd: You NEED a scanner, at worst a digital camera (I used a scanner)

3rd: Scan/take pictures of: both CD's, The box's UPC (proof of purchase) & the receipt.

One you have these scans/pictures (make sure they are legible) and yeah dont share them with ANYONE.

You can e-mail them to lockon@creativecms.com along with an explanation of the problems that you are experiencing.

I received a reply from them within 24 hours, and a confirmation that the replacement CD was to be shipped ASAP, the next day; I received a confirmation e-mail about my disc being shipped. 4 days later (on a Saturday) I received my replacement disc, installed my game and I'm playing FC 1.1 happily ever after :p

Hope that this helps the slow process of using snail mail :)

sig-YF19a.jpg

i appreciate the help, i will run to kinko's to use the scanner then just send it via e-mail, since i have sent it snail mail already i hope that it doesnt complicate matters any more than they already are, but the wait is just a pain in the butt, anyway, again i appreciate that advice and the support, i wish that Evolved had returned my e-mail in such a timely fashion.

cheers,

loki

I had the same problem, but I think I found a way to resolve it faster....

1st: I didn't "mail" anything.

2nd: You NEED a scanner, at worst a digital camera (I used a scanner)

3rd: Scan/take pictures of: both CD's, The box's UPC (proof of purchase) & the receipt.

One you have these scans/pictures (make sure they are legible) and yeah dont share them with ANYONE.

You can e-mail them to lockon@creativecms.com along with an explanation of the problems that you are experiencing.

I received a reply from them within 24 hours, and a confirmation that the replacement CD was to be shipped ASAP, the next day; I received a confirmation e-mail about my disc being shipped. 4 days later (on a Saturday) I received my replacement disc, installed my game and I'm playing FC 1.1 happily ever after :p

Hope that this helps the slow process of using snail mail :)

So they finally did change the replacement process?

I got mine in the first batch and at that time, there was no proof of purchase required. it was just give address.....I'm glad to see that they finally figured it out .