675 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy FC3

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, i have bought FC 2 times now... FC3 should be free for FC and FC 2 owners!!!!

If thay make us pay 3 times for the same product.. then there is something siriusly wrong whit ED

Right... So the fact that there is 10+ years between these games, different aircraft, modeling, graphics etc.. This means they are the same game?

Based on that thinking we should never go see any movie remake that has ever been done...

FAIL

If you want something for free go play FarmVille...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

No, i have bought FC 2 times now... FC3 should be free for FC and FC 2 owners!!!!

If thay make us pay 3 times for the same product.. then there is something siriusly wrong whit ED

And I suppose Microsoft should give Windows 8 away for free, to everyone who bought a Windows before? After all it's just a new coat of paint for the same operating system they sell since Windows 95, right?

I think with this halloween time around and while waiting for FC 3 we should take time for some deeper thoughts on life, the meaning of existence and the destiny of mankind. Because when it's out we won't have time for this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Futurama-Fry-Meme.jpg

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think with this halloween time around and while waiting for FC 3 we should take time for some deeper thoughts on life, the meaning of existence and the destiny of mankind. Because when it's out we won't have time for this.

+1

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

@Boberro The latter.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yes I will buy anything ED comes up with...Unfortunately I gave away Lock On some years back...so I will buy that again too....I am looking forward to the F15 in DCS World...that will get me by until someone delivers an F18 with Carrier OPs!!!!!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I went to China-Mart in town here, didnt see Flaming Cliffs 3 there so I got some steaks and beer instead...

:doh:

They ran out already?? :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now let me explain to you people here why FC3 is not a ripoff in a way everyone should be able to understand.

I don't know exactly how much the prices were at the original releases, but for the sake of simplicity I will assume that Lock On was $40, followed by FC 1-2 for $30, and FC3 for $40 again. Now if you bought all of these at release, you will have spent roughly $140 +-$10 total to have been playing this game since 2003, with continuous support, and access to online play.

Some games, like World of Warcraft for example, charge you a monthly subscription fee to play. $15 a month doesn't sound that bad up front, but it doesn't actually give you anything other than the privilege to play. Every time they release major new content, they still expect you to pay as much for it as a new game. After the Original release, plus the three expansions, assuming you bought them when they came out you will be up to about $160... This is already more than you spent over a longer period of time on Lock On.

Now lets look at the subscription fee... Say you have been playing since release in November 2004, then you have been playing for about 95 months. Take away the free month included with the original purchase and multiply by the subscription fee, and you are at $1410.

Add in the box purchases and you are at $1570 that you have been spending on "the same product." This is an order of magnitude larger than the price of lock on, and nearly two orders of magnitude over someone buying FC3 having never played Lock On before.

Even if you add in all of the DCS titles that have been released so far, because say you are a super-ultra-ED-fanatic that just has to buy everything, you are only going to net around $330. That's less than some people spend on their joysticks to play these games.

On top of all that, just consider the markets that these two companies have. Blizzard? They had over 12000000 subscribers at one point, and now about 10000000 subscribers. Thats nearly $1.8 Billion that people are paying every year for "the same product." Yes... Billion (or Milliard for Europeans) , and that's only counting subscription fees, not other services or micro-transactions. Now lets look at ED. Well they don't publish much regarding their finances, but you can be assured that the market is much much much smaller, Mostly males in their 30s-50s, not the average gamer. This is a niche market.

When you think about it, ED is really doing more of a service to the world than running a company. Things like DCS and FC3 are pet projects that would never make it in a AAA game company.To help illustrate my point, I will provide an enlightening graph.

graphij.png

Thats right, ED is so small to Actizard/Blizzvision that its not even an ant. They would have to look through a microscope to see them (or use a logarithmic scale on the y axis). Now I hope this gives everyone more appreciation and respect for what they do and what you get for your money.

Damn, I can't comment on this or I'll get banned.

See, responses to posts you dislike don't have to be full of bad language.

Edited by VincentLaw
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even if you add in all of the DCS titles that have been released so far, because say you are a super-ultra-ED-fanatic that just has to buy everything, you are only going to net around $330. That's less than some people spend on their joysticks to play these games.

So very true.

I'll be buying when i get home, and looks like ill have to rebuy Lomac to get it to work. And jimmy crack corn cause I dont care! Glad to support ED and the team once again!

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

I understand that I need a previous version of FC to be able to run FC3?

Why is it so exactly? You do not need to buy Windows XP if you want to buy Windows 7?

If so is true, where can I find the cheapest previous version of Lock-on that will make FC3 work?

Finally - is there a difference in FC3 if I buy Lock-on instead of Lock on 2 or vice-versa?