How to force install of the 32 bit version

tankaviator

Hello all,

I have had the 64 bit version installed since beta. I recently purchased a 3D setup and thought this would be awesome for this simulator. Unfortunately because of the way they generate 3D data they require a 32 bit version to be installed.

Now I know its supposed to be able to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions, but it seems that it uses the version based on the OS type. I can't find a way to override this. I remember in beta days both versions were installed and we got 4 launch icons, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker

As far as I know it installs the 32-bit version always and you have the option to install the 64-bit version to be installed additionally.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

As far as I know it installs the 32-bit version always and you have the option to install the 64-bit version to be installed additionally.

Actually, there has been no option for the last several patches. The original release did allow you to also install the 32bit version but that went away.

I suspect you would need a custom install script to do it as it currently ships.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have a dual-boot system XP32/win764 and installed DCS in XP- than I copied the x86/bin files over to my win7-64 installation - so I'm able to run 64 and 32bit in win7-64...

And I get 3D also only in 32bit with the IZ3D drivers.

So if you have a 32bit OS near you - just install (without activation) and move the 32bit files over to your 64bit system.

Hopefully the devs will add the option back in (hint hint devs) now that there is a legitimate reason to install a 32 bit set of bits on a 64 bit system. I'm sure they will, they have offered great support up to this point. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2017 Razer Blade w/ GTX1060

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Buttkicker