DCS World - brilliant!

Teapot

I think things are finally beginning to gel ... a step in the right direction IMO, bravo DCS! :pilotfly:

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

does it have different MP interface?

if so, does it:

1) show the types of playable aircraft in mission&slots available per type?

2) extra textbox to put server info/rules, rather than cramming all this into server title or updating every mission?

ta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry m8, I've no idea. Hopefully you can get your questions answered.

I just think that a unified environment / flight simming world / leggo sim world will be the magical brew that will result in a degree of sophistication hitherto only dreamt about in a simmer's feverish version of a wet dream.

When DCS build the world, and we get a stable of planes across all era's ... my dream is the possility of playing out the Air portion of the Air Land Sea doctrine that existed in the cold war era. I'm a cold war kid.

Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

When DCS build the world, and we get a stable of planes across all era's ... my dream is the possility of playing out the Air portion of the Air Land Sea doctrine that existed in the cold war era. I'm a cold war kid.

I'll point out that the technology, and the vision, is not restricted to just aircraft. It'll probably take a while until we see it all in full bloom, but I wouldn't be surprised if the future includes sea and land elements in some form or another. Combined Arms will, when it is released, take the first steps on the land component. :)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I really, REALLY hope that this project will be firmly in place within the next 10 years!

You and me both. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes, really really love the new design! And this is definitely in the right direction towards dedicated server also! I’m excited and can’t wait to see what else you pull out of the hat! :)

(HJ)

There's still a few surprises to come :) But not right now.

Nate

No.

DCS World is in early stages of development and at this time the only module is P-51D beta.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The only thing I would change, ED, is give the "wallpaper" a 3D view of a ramp area. On that ramp area are the DCS aircraft. The ones a person doesn't own are washed out in color and the ones they do own are in "full glory."

Clicking on an AC will bring up pilot stats for that particular airframe. You could also have the ability to tweak airframe specific settings versus going into settings>controls>airframe.

Users would have a logbook that includes all flight time regardless of airframe under logbook, but some may want to break it down further and and I'm not sure what your plans for that are just yet.

Clicking on a particular airframe could also bring up "quick launch" links for training or recent missions created. It could even include campaign status and start from last save, etc...

Just throwing out some ideas to further improve on the DCS user interface. I must say I really like the new interface thus far.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I think things are finally beginning to gel ... a step in the right direction IMO, bravo DCS! :pilotfly:

Seconded! I'm still a bit baffled by P-51D, but there does appear to be some method to the madness after all ;) Things are looking promising, the improvements and new features which DCS: World provides are very interesting, I might have to try it out even on my lowly notebook here.

Keep up the good work, ED!

The only thing I would change, ED, is give the "wallpaper" a 3D view of a ramp area. On that ramp area are the DCS aircraft. The ones a person doesn't own are washed out in color and the ones they do own are in "full glory."

Clicking on an AC will bring up pilot stats for that particular airframe. You could also have the ability to tweak airframe specific settings versus going into settings>controls>airframe.

Users would have a logbook that includes all flight time regardless of airframe under logbook, but some may want to break it down further and and I'm not sure what your plans for that are just yet.

Clicking on a particular airframe could also bring up "quick launch" links for training or recent missions created. It could even include campaign status and start from last save, etc...

+1

I also thing it's a vary good idea to have one world who has all the extra planes purchased! Makes DCS games one game and work on project! :)

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not that my opinion counts, but I love it! it's working great, smooth transition to next plane all in one world.

ED should make the DCS World free with SU25T as the premier plane entice more people to the flight Sim and they can buy the other planes at there leisure. Just like ROF.

:thumbup:

thanks ED your on the right track with this idea.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Not that my opinion counts, but I love it! it's working great, smooth transition to next plane all in one world.

ED should make the DCS World free with SU25T as the premier plane entice more people to the flight Sim and they can buy the other planes at there leisure. Just like ROF.

:thumbup:

thanks ED your on the right track with this idea.

It is Free

New explosions are great :)

Yeah, looks very nice ;)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.