This is not bull!

Guest ruggbutt

Guest ruggbutt

I contacted ED about my activations, as I did a major upgrade which coincidentally happened about the same time that BuzzU had his problems. Here is the response from my request for a new serial number:

Dear Mr. Nelson,

You can see your new serial number on Files->Downloads page under your previous serial number.

Regards,

LockOn.ru administrator

Kate Perederko

webmaster@lockon.ru

I can't tell you how thrilled I am this didn't turn into a pissing contest. I want to thank Ms. Perederko for her quick response. I got an answer within 16 hours. Considering the time difference that's fantastic. I only run FC on my rig at home, even though I have 2 dedicated servers. I'm waiting for a dedi server console before I host in that manner. When that time comes I'll purchase a copy for my dedicated server. It's only fair and ED has done good by me so far.

It's easy to jump on ED's case about the whole SF issue, which I'd have done had this turned out differently. But it hasn't so <S!> is in order for ED.

Buzz, I recommend you request the serial again. I'd bet you got an answer from someone who was new or didn't know the policy regarding activations.

Or perhaps they had been reading the other thread. ;)
One of my team mates, =4c=Heros, had few problems in the very bigining! He got help within two days! And that was months before the "other thread" appeared!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Guest IguanaKing

Well then...why didn't you just mention that in the other thread instead of going along with the "that's what the license says...just deal with it" crowd? Just curious why this wasn't brought up before. :D

Ok, this is funny. I went to my download screen to see if they had given me a new serial# like Ruggbutt. Under my download button I have a new button that says "Buy again"

I ask you all. Who's the thief now? Haven't they stolen the game from me?

Buzz

I ask you all. Who's the thief now? Haven't they stolen the game from me?

According to the EULA, you only ever licence the game from them, so they can't steal it from you. So that would be probably a little too much drama ;)

There's something bloody weird going on. Unless they just plain don't like you for some reason, I can see no logical explanation for Rugg getting a new serial and you not.

Tried emailing yet again, politely enquiring why there appears to be this discrepancy between reactions to the same question?

That's the same person who sent me my answer. Somethings not right here, and it's not anything i've posted.

No Offence Buzzu but seems your are being and isolate case for whatever reason. They might have their reason, maybe if you ask them politely? they might answer positively, or give you a valid explanation.

I can’t explain. There maybe, others. Not sure at this point.

Keep the faith dude. ( I know you already lost you faith in Ed) I dont see an end to this enigma. Keep us aware if you persue this avenue. But try (i know might be hard) be diplomatic. I wish you all the best.

Cheers

I don't know if i'm being singled out. There's only two of us so far and Rugg wasn't out of activations.

I thought I was polite in my first mail to them. Did you see it in the other thread? How polite would you be after getting the answer they gave me?

This is a principal thing with me now. I can afford to buy Fc again, but I don't feel I should have to do that.

Buzz

Dear All

First of all, we appreciate your interest to LockOn. Unfortunately it is the only way to continue the product line is to sell protected products and it’s add-ons. At the same time it’s the only possibility to protect downloadable software is to restrict the number of activations. Used in LockOn the StarForce protection is a flexible system which allows to partial upgrade of hardware and upgrade of operating system without additional activation. Detailed instruction about it was published in FAQ on http://www.lockon.ru. We are monitoring the downloads data base regularly and collecting all information about users and their activations. According to our and Starforce statistics majority of users use up to 3 activations and rarely 5.(It is difficult to expect that someone will change computer completely more than 5 times during the product life cycle, which is 2 years maximum). So, the situation when it is necessary 15 activations is very rare. But nevertheless, we take care on every such situation and will find solution in this particular case as well.

информация из первых рук