The new EXPLOSIONS

I think it's actually a BMD-2. But who cares really. That wasn't the point.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

I once suggested a KA-50 mission based on the Apocalypse Now movie. Some people were shocked by the fact that it was unethical. I totally agreed.

This footage is from the Syrian civil war. Right now people are dying over there.

You're talking about how cool the explosion is.

Do I need to add anything?

Yeah - we're playing war games... or sims - whatever. Pretty please, as stupid as it sounds: refrain from using such examples.

Hollywood movies are at least pretty far from reality.

This footage is not only real. It's happening right now.

• Like 1

Don't know if this was posted before, but these "BlastFX" Mod is a very good simulation of explosions. Now add the longer smoketrails and a little more drift from wind and I think they will be close to perfect.

Agree completely - alter the general shape of the explosion to include DCS-style "dust prongs" and that's pretty much perfection right there. The cannon impact effect wasn't half bad either, though I'm not so sure about the fire/smoke-plume effect - in this latter regard Wings of Prey remains the reference IMHO.