DCS World and FC3

Hey Wags, I got Platinum, but the LOMAC directory is in X86, ED directory is in X64. Would that conflict/trouble FC3 installation?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wags, I got Platinum, but the LOMAC directory is in X86, ED directory is in X64. Would that conflict/trouble FC3 installation?

I think the installer would be like FC2 it just looks to see that LOMAC is installed, if it can't find it it would ask you to find it in case you installed it In a different folder, so shouldn't be an issue :-)

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

As long as original LOMAC is installed somewhere on your PC, you'll be ok.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

thank you guys. I'm relieved :thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

So my point is, wouldn't it make sense to release each FC3 aircraft individually?

c) Increase the income for ED. Despite point b) It would be more people who wanted several aircraft and thus paid more...

e) I'm no legal expert, and I think it was already discussed in this very thread, but this approach would perhaps not need the LO brand anymore?

Not a bad idea, but it would be rather surprising if the ED hadn't already thought of that. I'd expect that releasing the same LockOn modules separately would not be allowed by Ubisoft (just guessing, but as they have the copyright, the modules would have to be redone or at least changed rather significantly for something like that, IMHO).

They did say that the FC3 would most probably be the last incarnation, so hopefully they plan to release some of those flyables as separate add-ons in the future (I hope they release the Soviet birds, at least).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Forgive me if this has been answered countless times before, but I've been out of the loop for a REALLY long time.

Will FC2 be able to be integrated with DCS World (ie: so that the DCS planes can fly online in the same servers where players are also flying FC2 planes), or this something that will only happen with FC3 (once it is released)?

Will FC2 be able to be integrated with DCS World (ie: so that the DCS planes can fly online in the same servers where players are also flying FC2 planes)

No.

or this something that will only happen with FC3 (once it is released)?

Yes.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

for my I prefer what is wrong with DW

lock on all air craft fighter its figchter f15 mig29 su 27 su 33 etc

like view new project ED for fighter air craft su27 mig 29 f15 etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

DW : DSC 10C KA50 P51 perfect cockpit clicable

su 25 t :huh: cockpit not clicable for DW its not good

thx :D

I've been wondering what's up with Flaming Cliffs checking for the original Lomac, thanks for clearing that out for me. And then confusing me some more on what exactly is whose property and would Eagle Dynamics juridically even able to give DCS-treatment for Lock-On planes.

As opposed to apparently many members of this here community, I'm actually looking forward to FC3. Simply because as much as I do enjoy the current DCS titles, I've always been into flight sims for fighter jets and dogfights and that stuff. Close air support is fine and I don't mind spending all my spare time for months just to learn the basics, I prefer it that way, but at the end of the day I just want to blow up some Flankers.

If DCS: F-15C was announced, I'd never be able to get all that lady-spunk off my chair. Or just about any air superiority craft by this point. I'm getting sick of turning tail and running every time my RWR beeps, and I still haven't managed to unlearn my hardwired response to incoming air threats of bumrushing them and murdering them dead.

will FC3 have upgraded cockpits. similiar to BS, A10, P51 ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

I will be happy if they upgrade the flight model of the jets to the Su25/T AFM levels. Don't care much about cockpits...but AFM would be an awesome feature and major improvement to the Flaming cliffs line.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

will FC3 have upgraded cockpits. similiar to BS, A10, P51 ?

No. They did state that the FC3 will get dynamic cockpit shadows, but they will not be "3D/6DOF" with click able buttons.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

No. They did state that the FC3 will get dynamic cockpit shadows, but they will not be "3D/6DOF" with click able buttons.

Aww thats shitty. I expected some clickable buttons. Not all of them. But atleast some around the MFD and some buttons to start up the engine :(.

Ahh well we can't have everything. We already spoiled as it is.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

can we get any developer statement regarding the 3D models used in FC3, specially regarding the russian planes?

(:music_whistling: thinkin of FC2 Combatace Su27/Su30/Su33 3D models here...)

WIP pics would be a great thing too 8)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

No , FC3 is just FC2 in DCS environment .

Second what Nate said. You know what they say when you "assume". ;)

No, you can't. :D

can we get any developer statement regarding the 3D models used in FC3, specially regarding the russian planes?

(:music_whistling: thinkin of FC2 Combatace Su27/Su30/Su33 3D models here...)

WIP pics would be a great thing too 8)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not too interested in FC3 without AFM and ckickable cockpits sporting 6DOF. But we will see what ED delivers.

Then it wouldn't be FC3, each aircraft would be a separate DCS-level aircraft with around a $39.99 price tag. Oh, and don't forget several more years of development. ;)

Not too interested in FC3 without AFM and ckickable cockpits sporting 6DOF. But we will see what ED delivers.

Well let us just say for a start that was never even hinted at, at all. So FC3 is not for you (until ED publish what FC3 is). Don't get me wrong it is cool you have high expectations, but they are not derived from anything that ED has said.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...