No Collective movement

Ok I am really pissed now. I cannot get the collective to move with the g940 throttle. It detects it when i assign it on the controls menue but the collective will not move. Engines running or not the stick works fine but no collective. I have reinstalled twice including going from the upgrade BS2 to buying the full one. And nothing works I am seriously mad now.

IS there some switch i am missing in the cockpit to unlock the collective pitch?

I have tried to move it to all sliders on the G940 and even over to my GF-TQ6 throttle quadrant and nothing. CANNOT get the F'in thing to move.

Edited by grant977

IS there some switch i am missing in the cockpit to unlock the collective pitch?

Nope. With engines off, the collective will not react to about the first half of the controller movement. With engines running, reaction to controller movement should be instantaneous.

There is a thing called the collective brake, but in our simulated Ka-50 that's mostly used to send certain signals to the autopilot. With or without collective brake, the collective should react to your controller.

There is one classical mistake people tend to make, which is to mix game mode and simulation mode. If you have "Game flight mode" checked in the Gameplay tab, you have to assign the controller for the aircraft labeled "Ka-50 Game". With "Game flight mode" unchecked, it's of course "Ka-50 Sim".

If that doesn't help, have you made sure that all axes work correctly outside of Black Shark?

Does the collective work with the keyboard controls (KP+ und KP- by default)?

Its not a controller issue. It works fine with p51 and a10, and BS1 I don't understand what the issue is with BS2. I tested it both with engines off and running at fly power and nothing. Is there a hydrolics switch I am missing or somthing. Everything works and moves as it should except collective.

And about game/sim modes that's the first thing I looked at. I will recheck it and recycle it to see if that is the issue.

Just to go a little off topic for a moment, I think that it is with the G940 but i cant really say. i cant set the trim switch to my controller for some inexplicble reason and as there isnt really anyone that uses G940 i was wondering if you guys got the issue as well. It worked fine in BS1 but for BS2 it is just broken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

I had the same issue in BS2 once. Just delete your configuration file with your joystick mappings in the BS2-folder and the game will recreate a default settings file. Adjust it to your needs and you're good to go! :)

Sorry but I can't remember off the top of my head exactly where the configuration file is located. Search the forum, I know there is a post explaining how and why -- because that's how I fixed my problem some months ago! ;)

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Before you do that, delete the axis assignment in case its as simple as its autodetected wrongly! Go back to the assignment, assign an axis, move the throttle and check. Mine always picks up wrong...Rather than Joystick Z blah its Joystick Slider Z or something.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 year later...

I have deleted joystick profiles, I have dug in multiple forums, and cant find anything and cant get my throttle to worky. Does anyone have an LUA file that allows the G940 throttle to work with this game.

please post them up in the users file area with a link here pleasssssssssss :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Hi Slambo,

uhm..does DCS even recognize your Throttle?! So do you see it under the Options/Controls Tabs?! Can you assign the Throttle Axis to your Controller?!

Step one...go to System Drive/.../saved Games/DCS and rename that Folder to DCS_old or something. Then start the Game and the DCS Folder is recreated automaticaly. What happens then?!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..