turning off the autopilots ability to trim

i need this because all turning on the autopilot does for me is ruin any general plan i had till i respawn. Locking the stick in what ever place it deeped fit, Then using the Trim to steer/Level off the aircraft. RESET TRIM DOES NOT WORK!. turning off the autopilot doesnt fix the issue either. anyone have any ideas to prevent it using Trim?

I am not sure I understand the question. How do you expect the autopilot to work if it doesn't trim the plane (or helo;))?

Which aircraft are we talking about anyway?

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If it's not a feature of the real aircraft, they aren't going to model it, sorry. Still not quite sure what you're talking about. I assume the Ka-50... it sounds like you are not using the trim correctly, regardless.

It's not the "correct" way to fly, but maybe you could try using the Flight Director mode (FD AP blue button near the AP channels). Lots of people use it.

Personally, I'm a fan of trim-trim-trim, and then trim again. Also, when using the trimmer correctly, you hold down the trimmer button ("T") while making a maneuver, and only release it after you are done maneuvering.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

If you are talking about the Su-25T, so, the autopilot uses the trims to maneuver the plane and not using the actual control surfaces like other planes.

if it's the case, you need to let the Autopilot to center the trims before, and then disable the autopilot.

...also, 'center trim' does not work in the Su25 (or T).

Additional info: To understand this, you need to know how trim worked in the original Lockon - all aircraft used what came to be known as the 'SFM' (simpler flight model) and trim could be reset. In Flaming Cliffs, the Su25 and the T model were upgraded to the 'AFM' (advanced flight model), where trim functioned more like the real aircraft, and could not be reset to center (like the RL machine). All other aircraft kept the older way of centering trim. Hence the legacy command 'center trim'. End of useless additional info :)

Slightly more useful info: In the Su25's, there are green 'trim centered' lights for all three axes, if I remember correctly. Just run the trim until those lights illuminate to center the trim. Welcome to Russian ergonomics. In Soviet Russia, aircraft trims you!

i need this because all turning on the autopilot does for me is ruin any general plan i had till i respawn. Locking the stick in what ever place it deeped fit, Then using the Trim to steer/Level off the aircraft. RESET TRIM DOES NOT WORK!. turning off the autopilot doesnt fix the issue either. anyone have any ideas to prevent it using Trim?

I know what you are talking about.

How can you fly a plane without trim controllers? A person would sure get tired quickly constantly fighting the aircraft.

This profile only works with CH Products gear.

It takes seconds to download. Look at Crunch's .pdf mappings of the Fighterstick and Pro Throttle.

I can cold start it, taxi it, takeoff, fly it, 1/2 azz navigate and got lost, climbed to the equivalent of 15,000 feet to get over the hump and landed it 1st time 200 km away to another air base probably enemy; without reading anything and flying it by my gut instincts. The auto pilot functions work as does the 3 axis trim. As far as doing combat with it? Ask me next year...

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?7149-Lockon-Flaming-Cliffs-2!-PT-FS-PP

This is why I never messed with FC2 was all the manual key inputs. But some guys know how to script .cms profiles in multiple modes. It is still a bear to learn. I've been learning Crunch's BS1 and BS2 profile for 3 months, still learning.

I suggest learning this jet to FC2, it is then in 32 bit mode and FC2 is more stable. See my other thread, this forum, posted today for a training video set to incorporate in the FC2 training for the Su-25T.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=88575

Thanks to all you all's that have helped me.

Edited by ErichVon

If an Autopilot can't use trim it cannot do its job.

You can however use 'level flight' mode to re-trim the Su25T automatically. Much easier than fighting the trim yourself. Engage 'Level Flight', once level, disengage autopilot and you will be perfectly trimmed.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

If an Autopilot can't use trim it cannot do its job.

You can however use 'level flight' mode to re-trim the Su25T automatically. Much easier than fighting the trim yourself. Engage 'Level Flight', once level, disengage autopilot and you will be perfectly trimmed.

Too bad P-51D does not have this, but it does trim out pretty good.

to summarize all your questions,if something locks onto me i have to spend 45seconds trying to recenter the trim AND stabilize the aircraft while trimming, AND while trying to use Chaff and Flares and Avoid being hit,that's a little too much to do in under 45 Seconds, and especially if the autopilot LOCKS the stick in place.a Auto pilot that has multiple settings, and not one that just holds the stick where its at, the SU25T is a great plane to fly, but using the autopilot is like playing Russian roulette with 5 chambers loaded

to summarize all your questions,if something locks onto me i have to spend 45seconds trying to recenter the trim AND stabilize the aircraft while trimming, AND while trying to use Chaff and Flares and Avoid being hit,that's a little too much to do in under 45 Seconds, and especially if the autopilot LOCKS the stick in place

Aaaaand that is why you have a Momentary Override autopilot mode - use it :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

2 things to keep in mind. The autopilot has an override. (LAlt + `) As long as you hold this key combo you can control the plane and the autopilot will not bother you. As soon as you let go the autopilot returns to whatever mode it was last in.

Also "Transition to level flight control" (LAlt + 3) is an autopilot mode for the plane to fly strait and level. You can use this mode as a trim reset of sorts.

Whenever you are using the autopilot it is very important that you know what mode you're in and what you should and should not do with the controls for each mode. It is also important that you control the aircraft speed.

I think you'll find that once you master all the different modes of the system you will find it to be very useful.

still have to fly the plane that is rolling hard left and unable to pitch the nose down or move the ailerons in any direction, Doesnt help :)

2 things to keep in mind. The autopilot has an override. (LAlt + `) As long as you hold this key combo you can control the plane and the autopilot will not bother you. As soon as you let go the autopilot returns to whatever mode it was last in.

Also "Transition to level flight control" (LAlt + 3) is an autopilot mode for the plane to fly strait and level. You can use this mode as a trim reset of sorts.

Whenever you are using the autopilot it is very important that you know what mode you're in and what you should and should not do with the controls for each mode. It is also important that you control the aircraft speed.

I think you'll find that once you master all the different modes of the system you will find it to be very useful.

switching auto-pilot modes leads to the problem worsening, the stick will not only freeze, the rudder/ailerons/elevators will be trimmed. switching the modes alt-2 Off Alt-3 OFF alt-2 ON, will fix elevators sometimes. but the plane will still roll.the only way to master something thats broken is to not use it.but auto-pilot is kinda important. .

Edited by Soulres

According to my spreadsheet utility I found to the Lock On forum, for FC version 1.2.1 , this utility shows all the aircraft supported by FC. This utility shows each aircraft's unique keyboard assignments.

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51912

by airtom , 04-01-2010, 10:10AM , Lock On / General Discussion / All aircrafts keyboard commands in one table (xls)

and

C:\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Config\Input\Input_parser\

"There is a batch file "Input_to_TXT_eng.bat" which will export all commands layouts of all devices into TXT format."

The 25T, according to this utility, is the only FC aircraft with this ability.

In BS1 and BS2, there is a similar button's function to get the helicopter out of autopilot to hit the dirt and "serpentine, serpentine" (re: some movie, the actor Peter Falk's character, having been former CIA or similar, said to his underling to avoid enemy fire, maybe the movie, "The In-Laws").

Edited by ErichVon

still have to fly the plane that is rolling hard left and unable to pitch the nose down or move the ailerons in any direction, Doesnt help :)

switching auto-pilot modes leads to the problem worsening, the stick will not only freeze, the rudder/ailerons/elevators will be trimmed. switching the modes alt-2 Off Alt-3 OFF alt-2 ON, will fix elevators sometimes. but the plane will still roll.the only way to master something thats broken is to not use it.but auto-pilot is kinda important. .

Sounds to me something is out of whack concerning your controller(s) input setup.

Sounds to me something is out of whack concerning your controller(s) input setup.

sadly im just using a Keyboard,and the plane flies flawlessly without auto-pilot.soon as i activate it, loose the ability to pitch the nose down more than 5'. then later, the trim will make the plane lean to the left, and after time itll get worse and worse until i have No play or movement in the joystick.

Yea, alt + 3 mode should stabilize aircraft, if it doesnt work like that, somethin is wrong at your controller input setup.

sadly im just using a Keyboard,and the plane flies flawlessly without auto-pilot.soon as i activate it, loose the ability to pitch the nose down more than 5'. then later, the trim will make the plane lean to the left, and after time itll get worse and worse until i have No play or movement in the joystick.

:( ( when i say joystick, imean the in game joystick )

When I just play around in the game without bothering to connect my X52 (it's in a drawer behind me when not used) I fly a little using keyboard and I have also observed the same thing!

After firing for example one Kh-25 missile you obviously need to trim the aircraft, and that is all fine and all. But if I accidentally (or on purpose) activate autopilot or some kind of automatic trimming feature, like level flight trim, I eventually end up unable to pitch the aircraft down using the keyboard controls. The only way out of this is to manually trim the aircraft so that it is in a shallow dive trim configuration and RTB before things gets messy.

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Did you setup your joystick and calibrate it through the Windows Utility?

If Windows 7:

=========

Mouse click the Start circle icon in the lower left corner of your desktop screen.

Then input "game" in the Search input box.

Click on "Set up USB game controllers" out of the list.

Use the wizard.

Did you setup your joystick and calibrate it through the Windows Utility?

Did you read his post (the one you quoted)?

sadly im just using a Keyboard,...

...( when i say joystick, imean the in game joystick )

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Did you read his post (the one you quoted)?

I did!

re:

sadly im just using a Keyboard,and the plane flies flawlessly without auto-pilot.soon as i activate it, loose the ability to pitch the nose down more than 5'. then later, the trim will make the plane lean to the left, and after time itll get worse and worse until i have No play or movement in the

{{{{{{joystick.}}}}}}

sad.gif ( when i say joystick, imean the in game joystick )

That is my last help attempt.

Edited by ErichVon

I fly a little using keyboard and I have also observed the same thing!

After firing for example one Kh-25 missile you obviously need to trim the aircraft, and that is all fine and all. But if I accidentally (or on purpose) activate autopilot or some kind of automatic trimming feature, like level flight trim, I eventually end up unable to pitch the aircraft down using the keyboard controls. The only way out of this is to manually trim the aircraft so that it is in a shallow dive trim configuration and RTB before things gets messy.

thank you for also noticing this,i really hope somthing offical gets said,because i dont do 1 missle attacks,ill use everything i can throw, head back to base and get more stuff to throw,and i play for hours.and not being able to use teh auto pilot, even for just looking at the map, is awful.i have a thread in 'Bugs - SU25T' but no luck there either. this is really really killin me,