Oh no... TS-11 lost , where's our pilot :(

Shaman

About an hour ago radar contact has been lost with Polish AirForce TS-11 Iskra trainer jet. There's been no call from the pilot if he managed to eject. Search and rescue teams are looking for the wreck and pilot.

I'm holding my fingers. I just pray that the pilot is alive. And I just hope it is noone I know.

I got this information from a friend (I did server in our PAF). On TV there's no information at all, just typical political bullcrap. I'm waiting for more info.

Edit: Pilot didn't make it :(

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'm sorry. I just received SMS. Pilot is dead :(

The plane malfunctioned near Belchatow, Poland. Pilot did eject but has not survived.

tail# 44 or 444

Man, I'm like sitting here and thinking... Imagine like your own father is not comming home, but instead some sad officer visits you, brings the worst news that he will never come home at all :(

It happened to two of my friends once, when we were still in elementary school. I'm just recalling myself how collegues looked and their mothers. My deepest condolenes for the familes and friends. That's a true tragedy.

The engine malfunctioned at low level flight over forest, the pilot gained as much altitute he could and ejected. He did not survive the ejection. (TS-11 ejection seat was very faulty since day 1, dad of my collegue died because of it). I hope after this accident they'll retire the entire fleet.

Mjr Jerzy Stonsiek RIP

tail# 44 or 444