VOTE FOR HORNET HOTAS

SUBS17

NO, NO Vote for FFB ;).. hehe

I would prefer FFB but I wouldn't mind an F18 style Hotas especially if its's going to look anything like the pics posted on page 4 of the thread you linked to SUBS17. Although skimming over the topic I noticed that its not for the F18 Hotas but just for the dual throttle.. if I'm correct then I would most definitely prefer FFB instead.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

NO, NO Vote for FFB ;).. hehe

I would prefer FFB but I wouldn't mind an F18 style Hotas especially if its's going to look anything like the pics posted on page 4 of the thread you linked to SUBS17. Although skimming over the topic I noticed that its not for the F18 Hotas but just for the dual throttle.. if I'm correct then I would most definitely prefer FFB instead.

I not vote for Force Feedback ! :D

FFB are not realistically its into a Jetfighter Sim as to LOMAC. There is no feedback from rudder to the stick such as with 2. World war fighter airplane.

Best Regards

Viper

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Fly by Wire does not induce feedback unless its coupled to a backseater.(in which case the backseaters movements are all thats moving the stick, throttle and stick would move but rudders are independent in an F/A-18) There is no movement hence forcefeedback is a total waste of time as far as modern aircombat is concerned, Su25 and A-10 using backup flight controls might be the only exception to this.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I not vote for Force Feedback ! :D

FFB are not realistically its into a Jetfighter Sim as to LOMAC. There is no feedback from rudder to the stick such as with 2. World war fighter airplane.

Best Regards

Viper

No, No you must vote for Feed Back we're losing by just a few votes .. lol

Yep both of you guys are correct, but FFB has never pretended to simulate what a pilot feels on the control stick/ Yoke but what he would feel in the seat of his pants. That slight shudder as you approach the stall matches the canopy shake in lockon, with the new AFM, to perfection and when you shoot the guns! .. man that vibration is just 100% immersive. To bad you cant enable FFB in lockon because for some reason the trim settings become screwed up so I'm just left with the centering force.. maybe 1.11 will breath new life in FFB within lockon... I hope.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, No you must vote for Feed Back we're losing by just a few votes .. lol

Yep both of you guys are correct, but FFB has never pretended to simulate what a pilot feels on the control stick/ Yoke but what he would feel in the seat of his pants. That slight shudder as you approach the stall matches the canopy shake in lockon, with the new AFM, to perfection and when you shoot the guns! .. man that vibration is just 100% immersive. To bad you cant enable FFB in lockon because for some reason the trim settings become screwed up so I'm just left with the centering force.. maybe 1.11 will breath new life in FFB within lockon... I hope.

In that case you really want the FFB to be attached to your pits floor instead of your stick.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

In that case you really want the FFB to be attached to your pits floor instead of your stick.

Maybe but that doesn't sound as user friendly or as convenient as just a joystick with forces.. but interchangeable heads with a Russian style Hotas.. now that sounds good. Has anyone mentioned this over at Ch Hanger?

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes someone has mentioned it, I think interchangable heads and to beable to upgrade are the way to go. So you have a normal desktop version and then a mod for mounting the stick in the floor and finally a mechanical link to a backseaters throttle and stick.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

To bad you cant enable FFB in lockon because for some reason the trim settings become screwed up so I'm just left with the centering force..

OT here, but hey I'm really having problems with trimming in my MS force feedback stick, do you know how can I disable FF so that the trimmers come back to work? I suspect it's somewhere in a .lua file, ... but which one?

thanks!

OT here, but hey I'm really having problems with trimming in my MS force feedback stick, do you know how can I disable FF so that the trimmers come back to work? I suspect it's somewhere in a .lua file, ... but which one?

thanks!

Go Here:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config

Then open: producer.cfg

Now change the line:ForceFeedbackEnabled = true; to ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;

Write it exactly as have with no capatals.

This will not only allow the trim to work properly but also all of the planes will fly more controllably..

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I contacted HiRev Sims over a year ago about the possibility of buying some F-15E handles that would go onto the TM Cougar. My intent was to wire them for full compatiablility with the stock TM Cougar.

The response I received surprised me. HiRev Sims told me they were burned by the flight sim community some time ago and their board of directors would probably never allow anything to be sold to the community again. I don't know the details of what they're talking about and didn't ask - it was clear they didn't want my business. The response went on to say that they had destroyed the molds of the handles and no longer use the TM Cougar as the basis of their HOTAS solutions. It concluded with a statement that there are many talented hobbyists who may be able to do what I was looking for.

Disappointing to say the least. I am still amazed that they won't make something AFTER they've been paid for it (which I was willing to do). I don't see how they can be burned under that arrangement, but again, I don't know the details of what happened in the past. Anyways, it was clear to me that the ill feelings ran deep at HiRevSims...

Arizona