Vikhrs dropping to the ground immediately

I just noticed that sometimes my vikhrs turn to the ground immediately after launch. this never happened to me in BS1. Is that a feature simulating defective vikhrs? it happens with roughly 2 of the 12 missiles and i am very shure that they were within the guidance beam.

Here are some screens where i ripple-fired 2 vikhrs: one went for the target and one hit the ground.

Edit : I forgot to say: this was the 1.1.2.1 beta for black shark in DCS World

Screen_120520_191741.thumb.jpg.561a845727abd21b6cd060004616055d.jpg

Screen_120520_191718.thumb.jpg.e7e7a5584ad88ecb460d900ecc187e1b.jpg

Edited by Kerberos

hmm strange i tried to replicate it but when you want it to happen it doesnt :smilewink:

but i can definitely say that it wasnt the crosswind cause there was none.

and even if a vikhr loses laser guidance it slowly turns to the ground. but this

vikhr came very slow out of the launch tube and made a narrow turn to the ground.

well, I'll look if it happens again and will post a track then.

In my experience, if you have a problem with the laser from the get-go, the Vikhr will go pretty much straight for the ground. It's only after it's in relatively stable flight that a guidance issue will cause it to deviate slowly, at least for me.

no, i checked this. when i fire a vikhr with the laser off it does not make such a narrow turn to the ground. Furthermore as you might be able to see on the 2. screenshot the smoke the vikhr produces before it starts spinning is much shorter on the one dropping to the ground than the one working normally. thats because it was very slow. and that should not be caused by anything that has to do with the laser.

We need a track. In the absence of one, any troubleshooting is hopeless.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So, i finally managed to reproduce this. you can fast forward to the part where i start attacking the bunkers. the first missile already shows this behaviour, then the 4th and another one aswell. you can also see that these missile are way slower than usually (250kph, as seen on the 2nd screenshot above).

Vikhr Fail.trk

Is this connected to the Vikhr issue discussed in the DCS World bug thread where missiles come out of the launch tube at a seemingly incorrect angle?

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

This is known - I hope it gets fixed.

Nate

thx:thumbup:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb