• AH-1W Super Cobra
    • AH-64A Apache
    • AH-64D Longbow
    • Eurocopter Tiger
    • Mi-24 Hind
    • Mi-28 Havok
    • Rooivalk
    • Other

The point he made is that DCS wasn't born to then create aircrafts where you have to guestimate large portions of systems and performance envelope.

Which, in case of the RAH-66, would be total guesswork.

And honestly, I (any many others) share that opinion not to waste time on airframes that aren't declassified enough to not field a total sci-fi product in the end.

DCS was created for high fidelity and accuracy, that's what sets it apart from all the other (arcade) flight sims on the market, that's why we love it.

But to stay on topic, what about a Sikorsky S-58 ?

Big radial engine put in a helicopter, can it get any more awesome !? :)

sikorsky-h-34-g-hubschrauber-bug.jpg

Greetings

MadCat

Edited by -=MadCat=-

The point he made is that DCS wasn't born to then create aircrafts where you have to guestimate large portions of systems and performance envelope.

And honestly, I (any many others) share that opinion not to waste time on airframes that aren't declassified enough to not field a total sci-fi product in the end.

DCS was created for high fidelity and accuracy, that's what sets it apart from all the other (arcade) flight sims on the market, that's why we love it.

Greetings

MadCat

LoL,

this high horse perception that Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Fairchild Republic or any other Aircraft Manufacturer will give any game developer the real "Blue Prints" of AFM + FM and Weapon Systems to a game in the category of a Simulator for home entertainment is delusional at least.

There will never be "Classified Military Data" on any Air Craft used at all!

Not until the Aliens have landed and we have a complete new way to traverse the skies making Military Air Craft obsolete.

Please watch.......

Because the A-10C and many others are still in service and protected data is normally classified between 7-25 years if I recall correctly.

Be a little more realistic yourself I would say to gents that have this perception.

This is not to say that every possible effort to make it as real as possible is made, and by far the way we like it.

Yes and Amen, to that I have no issue with! I also desire realism to some extent but also wish that many other sections of a Combat Sim are developed in good time frame. Say one Air Craft every 2 years is kool but every 6 -12 months a greater focus on other treats are just as critical as an Air Combat Simulator.

However compromises must be made for some sort of a release to enjoy the Air Craft now rather than wait 20 years after its retirement to find "DECLASSIFIED MATERIAL"!

I am sick of these debates here and in so many other Aviation Forums, its utter lunacy and drives everyone nuts with long winded arguments and closed posts , not to mention most projects never get completed because gents want 100% REALISM......PPPFFFTT ....the news is 60% is most likely to real Sims get....so drop this nonsense, Please!

How on earth are we ever going to see many other important treats like what I place in these threads...........

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1936777&postcount=905

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1952169&postcount=2321

Combat Simulators are about "WAR"........ in its principles of "Doctrine and Theory" from an aerial perspective. So we need more "SP & MP Theaters of WAR" from "Historical Battles or Theoretical Scenarios".

Now with new Terrain engines like EDGE or Outerra for example are whats really needed and more 3rd Party Developers building Air Craft in a shorter time frame without these high expectations that are extremely difficult to keep or please everyone with!

Haven't people seen or read enough in this Forum and many others like it how damn hard it is to develop everything to the N'th degree, seriously! :doh:

Well all the best anyhow!

Have a great Xmass and a Happy Safe New Year!

Cheers

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

LoL, this high horse perception that Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Fairchild Republic or any other Aircraft Manufacturer will give any game developer the real "Blue Prints" of AFM + FM and Weapon Sytems to a game in the category of a Simulator for home entertainment is delusional at least.

KA-50: building first as technology demonstrator to Kamov (approved by them)

A-10C: Buiding by ANG USA to desktok trainter with approved data (Fairchild)

Mil Mi-8: Derivative Belsimtek military / civilian trainer helo (approved by mil helicopters)

UH-1H: aproved by Bell Helicopters.

That no 20 years "DECLASSIFIED MATERIAL".

And remember, DCS: World has no only COMBAT simulation.

KA-50: building first as technology demonstrator MMM ????? to Kamov (approved by them) ????

A-10C: Buiding by ANG USA to desktok trainter with approved data (Fairchild)

Mil Mi-8: Derivative Belsimtek military / civilian trainer helo (approved by mil helicopters)

UH-1H: aproved by Bell Helicopters.

That no 20 years "DECLASSIFIED MATERIAL".

And remember, DCS: World has no only COMBAT simulation.

Explain the approve by them and also show US the Declassified material in all these Air Crafts....... I know what you have as a Contract and nothing more!

The above means crap all...... Just general common knowledge on systems and air craft is what you might have "Not Full Military Disclosure" sorry don't buy into this nonsense.

We are talking "Military Knowledge "DESIGN BLUE PRINTS" here not what your allowed to have under the Freedom of Information Agreements Geneva Act thru your Contractual Agreements being ONLY a Simulator Millitary or even Public does not disclose all available analytical data, Final ............

http://www.geneva.il.us/index.aspx?nid=520

or here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified_information

LoL, C'mon dood! :smilewink:

Government and Military spend billions on keeping Highly Confidential Material Safe in vaults and protected systems let's end this derailed conversation at that.

On a side note you gents might want to read this.......... http://www.stanford.edu/class/sts145/Library/Lenoir-Lowood_TheatersOfWar.pdf smilewink.gif

****** "THIS IS A GAME" a "HOME PC SIMULATOR", FINAL! smilewink.gif ******

Lets say I'm a little more realistic myself...................... LoL

***** Point is I ain't got 20 years to wait for snail pace "REALISTIC DEVELOPMENT"!?!?!?!?! smilewink.gif ******

I wish people would stop jerking the chain so to speak and that some people would stop being so darn gullible!

Please read my post again I think you might of missed the direction I was pushing the discussion and point I was making here .........

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1952280&postcount=775

By the way have a great XMASS and a HAPPY SAFE NEW YEAR!

Cheers,

drinks_cheers.gif

Edited by WRAITH
  • Like 1

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Blaa, Blaaa

Do YOU even know what an Air Combat Simulator is about..................

Take another careful read at my post!

Also a must read thru these links........

http://www.stanford.edu/class/sts145/Library/Lenoir-Lowood_TheatersOfWar.pdf

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/downloads/understanding_the_campaign.pdf

Your assumption that I dont care well let me tell YOU........... I have read every "Wish List Thread & What is the Future of DCS Threads" and peoples personal interest in the DCS Series, it seems many want more of what WAR entails and Air Craft to be developed equally in its progression, maybe YOU should take the same interest to read and observe just as equally.

WAR has many facets to which are part of a bigger picture!

DCS World and DCS Combined Arms is a start but its all still very much around the Georgian Campaign and still in infancy development but its also getting very old being its based on first the only WAR ( Georgian) and the GFX is not as per se on par to modern GFX like EDGE or Outerra etc.

But I see your understanding of "WAR" itself is somewhat limited from your posting and assumption of what I love about study sim's.

Go ahead a Google about "Modern WAR Air Combat"...... here's a start......

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/usaf/docs/afdd/afdd2-1.pdf

http://www.afhso.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-100929-052.pdf

http://www.panzertruppen.org/2010/militar/mh007.pdf

book.gif smilewink.gif

As for what I want is a Multi-role F/A-18A & C or E if possible with CV OPS and many Historical and Theoretical Theaters of WAR with A.i Dynamic Campaigns!

Point is its about equally developing the sim and making some guestimations while data is found or upgrade patches released for avionics and weapon systems a better alternative but more to the point we see better releases on schedule and a more rounded effort to develop the entire sim evenly in a better time frame!

Now back on Topic I would also love AH-64D with the treats it offers if that can be achieved many will be happy and a true step forward for DCS Series, I kid you not! smilewink.gif

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• 1 month later...

But to stay on topic, what about a Sikorsky S-58 ?

Big radial engine put in a helicopter, can it get any more awesome !? :)

sikorsky-h-34-g-hubschrauber-bug.jpg

Greetings

MadCat

You're mad! That is the most UGLY helo in the entire world :(:cry::doh:

Your argument seems to be that if the current crop of DCS aircraft are only 95% accurate due to classified information, who cares if future DCS modules are only 50% accurate, as 100% isn't attainable. Well you might not care, but just about everyone else here does.

You've got my vote :thumbup:

Well what you guys have to consider is the whole experience from the PC point of view. I think the AH-64D offer quite allot of fun for a DCS Combat Sim game.

What that means is to take into account the systems that a DCS AH-64D Apache can offer and how that will translate with say your Tracker IR, VOIP and soon DCS EDGE Terrain environment.

Weapon Systems

Armament

Avionics

See also

Aviation portal

There are many helos that would be kool but how well do they translate in the PC Sim I would still go for a DCS AH-64D Apache and it seems I'm not the only one.

It looks good to especially on a carrier...... :smilewink: :thumbup:

U.S._Army_AH-64_prepares_to_launch_from_USS_Nassau_Feb_2005.jpg

I really hope it will be developed for a DCS Series of Air Craft.

Not to long ago I was watching this video Documentary I hope you guys like it..........

Cheers,

:beer:

Indeed, you're not the only one who wants to fly this beast! Hopefully, ED is watching all those AH-64D fans :music_whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
I pick the Vietnam war AH-1 cobra

and an F-4

That would be cool - but can we please start making maps that address the era lol. The threats were different then. I'm not sure i'd want to use Nam era cobra against some of the stuff in DCS right now lol. However - it is very similar in a way to the black shark =).

I'd love to see either AH64. Still remember playing the Jane's games back in the day - good fun.

Another one I think may be fun but isn't listed is the Blackhawk. It can carry troops, stuff, Hellfires, and there's quite a number of variants for different roles.. what's not to like. :D

anyone know if they do the longbow if it will allow for 2 seats?

No, too much classified stuff. The absolute best you'd get is an Alpha model Apache, which would be pretty sweet, don't get me wrong.

I personally want to see a blackhawk. It is a much more interesting and diverse mission set including Air assault, Sling loads, Medevac, even attack. Plus it handles better and flies faster. :music_whistling:

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals