Operation Bactria (MP COOP 14), Afghanistan CAS

Take note, SOUND TO COUNTRY is the tool Habu used to separate transmissions for taskings for different flights. If you try to use more than one flight simultaneously you'll receieve some confusing taskings very far away not intended for your aircraft.

A workaround that would not break the MP capability would be to use SOUND TO GROUP but making those changes is much more labor intensive as it requires multiple triggers per flight and manually reselecting the sound file.

Take note, SOUND TO COUNTRY is the tool Habu used to separate transmissions for taskings for different flights. If you try to use more than one flight simultaneously you'll receieve some confusing taskings very far away not intended for your aircraft.

A workaround that would not break the MP capability would be to use SOUND TO GROUP but making those changes is much more labor intensive as it requires multiple triggers per flight and manually reselecting the sound file.

Thx. I was aware of this, but my group has never actually had more than 4 on at any given tine anyway.

Unfortunately it’s just the cost of the workaround for the moment.

On a side note, the tasking messages and voiceovers all use the players callsign (hawg, tusk, etc), so it’s not that hard to know who they are referring to.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

The 'Sound to Country' action is restored.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3970524&postcount=63

Haha I noticed - had to happen after I’d already put in all the work! :doh:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
So with the last update - the original version works?

didn´t check but that would be awesome, very nice memories of playing this with my sqnmates

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

So with the last update - the original version works?

There is at least the problem with the heavily incresead forest coverage in the reworked Caucasus map, which causes many of the objective areas of this mission to be entirely covered by dense forest. You can remove the forest in these areas though, by using the scenic removal tool (or whatever its name is) in the mission editor.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The version I posted also moved most of the units out of the trees. A couple of the scenarios are still tough, but most of them are fixed (in addition to fixing the sound to country)

...hate to chime in with bad news again, but as of this time SCENERY OBJECT REMOVE does not sync with multiplayer clients, meaning only the host sees the trees removed.

Are you sure? I used it in multiplayer on this very mission and as far as I remember it worked fine. You just need to make sure that you execute it after all the clients have joined (put it on a timed trigger or something like that).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have updated Forces' mission to work with today's modules. I have modified it to have CVN (Supercarrier) operations and changed out some of the A-10C to the A-10C II, as well as AV8s, F5s, F/A-18, etc. I haven't updated the briefing very much or the images. There were a lot of triggers to go through and some inventory items to fix, but all my testing shows that it works with these different modules.

Not sure If Force is still active in DCS (out there zooming and booming last I talked to him). I'd like to re-release it with his permission with updated aircraft. I haven't changed any of the tasks so his work is still the same, but I did add one for the F5's for testing.

I do host the mission as:

-I- A-10CII || Operation Bacteria || PVE || CV OPS -I-

• 2 weeks later...

Same here... You may want to contact Habu23 as the creator of the original mission. It is his intellectual property in the end and from what I've seen in this thread he will likely be happy to see your updated version for the A-10C II...

@Habu23 you may want to chime in and give a go/no-go ?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, phillik747 said:

I have updated Forces' mission to work with today's modules. I have modified it to have CVN (Supercarrier) operations and changed out some of the A-10C to the A-10C II, as well as AV8s, F5s, F/A-18, etc. I haven't updated the briefing very much or the images. There were a lot of triggers to go through and some inventory items to fix, but all my testing shows that it works with these different modules.

Not sure If Force is still active in DCS (out there zooming and booming last I talked to him). I'd like to re-release it with his permission with updated aircraft. I haven't changed any of the tasks so his work is still the same, but I did add one for the F5's for testing.

Any response from Habu23? I modified the most recent Operation Bactria as well, made it very Hornet-centric for my wing (CVW-8). Quick question, if I create additional flights, as long as they intercept the trigger zone at each IP, will it set off the random missions/ voiceovers, or is that specific to the flights Habu23 created?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, phillik747 said:

Would love to see this release as well.

Still no joy with contacting Habu24 I guess?!

i7 7700k @ 4,5 GHz

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+

32 GB RAM @ 3000 MHz

500 GB SSD

Oculus Rift S

HOTAS Warthog

CH Pro pedals

It seems like Habu23 isn't really active on the forums anymore. I know him as Force_Majeure from an old ArmA milsim community where we played together some time ago, so I sent him a message there to notify him about the requests here. I'm not sure if it gets through to him, but it's worth a try :smile:

• Thanks 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi all,

Just got pinged about the updates to Bactria. Go ahead and send it and release it to everyone. When I get some time (which is few and far between) I'll update the 1st page to reflect the release. Thanks for all the enthusiasm.

Habu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Quick update. I'm still here but super busy. I worked on about 3 Bactria quality scenarios but it's insane how much time it takes and looking back, it's amazing Bactria got released. If anyone has any updates to this scenario just link them in this thread and promote. All approved!

Habu

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]