Operation Bactria (MP COOP 14), Afghanistan CAS

It's possible that the CSAR was the previous task, but unfortunately I can't remember. If I can get it to happen again I'll let you know.

@G-Lock91: You're trying to convert the mission from multi to single player, right? You should be able to select one of the planes in the mission editor (as launched from the main menu) and change it from client to player. It worked for me at least, in Hawg flight. If it doesn't work out, you can always host your own private multiplayer game with just you in it.

Yeah I tried all of that and it's still not working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

This is an excellent mission! Certainly one of the best experiences I have had in DCS A-10 so far!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These are grid coordinates in MGRS / UTM, not L/L. You need to push the button on the CDU next to the L/L indicator to switch it to say UTM before entering the coordinates. Then be sure to enter the coords including the letters at the beginning.

Looks like the first group of digits is easting and the second group is northing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_grid_reference_system

Well, I think I figured out the immortality problem. Turns out the first plane in Hawg flight has an immortal(true) command set under "ADVANCED (WAYPOINT ACTIONS)". None of the other Hawg or Pig flight planes have this.

Superb mission. Probably the best I've played in a-10c! I've tested it alone and with a 2 ship flight. We're gonna test it on our squad night on Thursday with more players.

I agree with a rearming base closer to the operation area.

And the F10 menu doesn't work when you have a task. This is probably working as intended, but would be a nice feature to be able to check out with the ground forces if you go Winchester during a task.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

@ralgha: great find. That was certainly a leftover from my testing phase. I will be sure to address this issue promptly.

@dejjvid: Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately only the host has access to the F10 radio commands in multiplayer.

I will shortly release a patch that fixes that issue as well as establishes rearming bases. I am away from my main computer so it will take some time.

Habu

Edited by Habu23

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First time I flew the mission I got the coords from AWACS by trigger I believe, 2nd time I flew mission I never got a coord from AWACS so I tried the F10 option to tell BO I am available for tasking and I get no response from anyone after several tries and different radio's, any ideas what I may have done wrong there? is it mainly triggers starting the AWACS giving coords or my input using radio commands?

@blackpulpit: All you need to do is fly to the IP to activate tasking (via trigger). It is important to note that you must get within a few miles of the IP and you do not need to use F10 radio commands. Once you finish a task completely, fly back to the IP until AWACS offers you new tasking. With the messages and voiceovers, it should be very clear when a tasking is complete and what to do.

@Everyone: I am presently traveling and am away from my main computer, so I will not be able to update the mission according to suggestions and bug reports for a few weeks. Please know that I am very thankful for your comments and that I plan to act upon them when I return home. I made an unofficial single player version of Operation Bactria that I will release shortly.

Habu

Edited by Habu23

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Single Player Unofficial Release:

Make sure to click "Download This File" and not the other links.

http://www.filedropper.com/operationbactriaspv1

Important: The default playable flight is Hawg. To fly Pig flight in singleplayer, simply open the mission up in the editor, find Pig11 (Pig lead), and set his skill to "Player".

This is Operation Bactria v1.0 edited for use in single player. I also included a fix for the immortal bug found by ralgha. Because this mission was built and designed for multiplayer, I cannot guarantee that the AI will be suitable replacements for human pilots. Thanks for being patient.

Habu

Edited by Habu23

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hi Chicki,

Thanks for bringing the dead link to my attention. I am about a week away from releasing Version 2.0 of Op. Bactria that adds new content and fixes many bugs from v1.0. I will also release a single player adaptation to Bactria 2.0. I think it will be most rewarding if you wait until this new version!

I intended to release v1.5 instantly as a patch to fix the v1.0 bugs, but I thought it would be appropriate to reward everyone with new content!

Bactria v2.0 will be directed towards DCS-A-10C v1.1.1.1 as DCS: World has broken most of the functionality of the mission.

Habu

Edited by Habu23

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just wanted to say thanks again, Habu. I love this mission and have used it almost exclusively for my practice since its release. This is the kind of mission that should make up the campaign included in the sim.

Looking forward to the new version.

Edited by ralgha

Operation Bactria v2.0 Released!

Download Link, v2.0

Compatible with DCS: A-10C v1.1.1.1. I plan to make this mission compatible with DCS: World once some bugs in the current build are worked out.

Changelog:

**New Content**

- Op. Bactria is now a COOP10 with the addition of a new 2-ship, Boar flight, that has its own randomized tasking. Boar tasks include interaction with the in-game JTAC's either on the ground or in the air via Predator drones.

- Tankers have been added near the IP's of all flights.

- The single Mk.82 has been replaced by a GBU-38.

- All flights now feature the livery of their respective squadrons according to the briefing map.

**Fixes**

- All taskings that utilize smoke for visual identification have been altered to insure roughly 15 minutes of continuous smoke. No more losing the position of the enemy after four minutes.

- Weather and clouds have been altered to simulate the 20,000 ft. peaks of the Pamirs and Hindu Kush. Clouds will hover just above mountain peaks and the temperature becomes negative at around 11,000 ft.

- The immortal bug for Hawg 11 has been fixed.

- Many taskings have been altered slightly to allow better gameplay.

Screenshots

Updated Briefing Map

Bactria40.jpg

Hawg/Pig Loadout

dcs2012-07-2118-23-51-18.png

Tusk Flight Loadout

dcs2012-05-2218-33-29-14.png

Tanking

dcs2012-07-2117-08-44-63.png

New Tasking

dcs2012-07-2118-02-31-19.png

dcs2012-07-2118-05-42-35.png

dcs2012-07-2118-11-18-84.png

Enjoy!

Habu

Edited by Habu23

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Op. Bactria v2.0 will load with DCS World and I'm pretty sure Hawg and Pig flights (4-ships) will work okay, but audio files will not play in 1.2.0 and the JTAC recognition for Boar flight is rather unreliable. Once these issues can be fixed or worked around in DCS World I will be sure to announce its compatibility.

Habu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Single Player Version

This is Op. Bactria v2.0 converted for single player use. It is intended to be played in DCS: A-10C v1.1.1.1. The mission will load in DCS: World, but I can not guarantee stability or functionality at this point.

How to change flights

By default the mission will put the player in Hawg flight. To fly in other flights, simply do the following:

1 ) Open the mission in the Mission Editor.

2 ) Find the lead aircraft of the flight you would like to use in single player.

3 ) Change the skill from "Excellent" to "Player"

4 ) Save and load up the mission.

Habu

Operation_Bactria_SP_v2.zip

Edited by Habu23
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]