DTAC Terrain Development

rockwelder

dtac2.jpg

dtacc.jpg

Link to DTAC Hires Trees with no grass textures for current tree models. This is the best I can do for now until I get some tools and assistance from ED.

Link to DTAC Ground Textures

INSTRUCTIONS : Back up the .zip files mentioned below before you do anything (if you have backed up once prior to initially modifying these files then this all that is required). Place each season texture in its proper .zip file. Located in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures. When asked to replace and overwrite do so.

LandTexturesSpringOther

LandTexturesSummerOther

LandTexturesWinterOther

LandTexturesAutumnOther

Edited by rockwelder

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty enough for an FPS!

I imagine there's either some aggressive scaling with distance or pretty poor performance?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

great

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Looks pretty enough for an FPS!

I imagine there's either some aggressive scaling with distance or pretty poor performance?

Actually there will be a couple of different options...Close to default spec. for performance, and muscle rig settings, for horse power. Everyone can get a piece...lol

• ED Team

Dont knock it,

I know a few KA-50 pilots that would like some detailed terrain to blow dust over in that flying egg whisk. :music_whistling:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

New Terrain feature from Nevada ;)
I prefer Rockwelder's tree textures/models, they look more natural, and there's more variation.

The trees in the Nevada screenshot have a single dominant green shade, even the tree trunk is green ... They do seem to have shadows though.

More information please!

I am remodeling the tree lines and forests for all seasons.

I have eliminated symmetrical ugliness and added variety in the trees.

Better blending of the trees for faster rigs (looks a lot better).

Texture enhancements have been made to add depth and fullness ( tree lines are much more lush looking).

Looking for testers soon... as I have a low end rig, FPS performance testing will be needed by a spectrum of systems.

That scenery looks excellent rockwelder. Did you create the trees yourself? use a tool (eg. SpeedTree)? or is there a library out there with tree textures?

I'm curious since I'm looking at generating tree textures myself.

That scenery looks excellent rockwelder. Did you create the trees yourself? use a tool (eg. SpeedTree)? or is there a library out there with tree textures?

I'm curious since I'm looking at generating tree textures myself.

XFROG and C4D to render the tree models. Modeled the in game tree models out of planes in 3dmax...

Edited by rockwelder