DTAC Terrain Development

rockwelder

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to unwanted tiling you can probably alleviate this by lowering the noise1back parameter in High.lua (Config\terrain folder) line 39.

edit: yep lowering noise1back to 18000 does the trick, see the transition over distance

N9BfZze.jpg

qbmG0CI.jpg

dBMEFnj.jpg

Edited by Mustang

what about optional noise?

Same folder but put it in LandTextures.zip

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

In regards to unwanted tiling you can probably alleviate this by lowering the noise1back parameter in High.lua (Config\terrain folder) line 39.

edit: yep lowering noise1back to 18000 does the trick, see the transition over distance

N9BfZze.jpg

Thanks!

That works very well indeed.

:thumbup:

Has someone pack this mod for JSGME?

The problem with this one is that JSGME can't manipulate the content of zip files. To set it up you have to actually include all five zip files in the mod package which makes it nearly a full GB for trees and ground (I did it).

It is probably best to leave it the way it is since not everyone will want the noise option and there are also two winter tree options (which means you would need two separate winter packages).

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I got a FPS hit from this so I adjusted AA and AF down one level to 4x and 8x and went from Multisampling to SuperSampling, that had a positive impact. The move from MultiSampling to SuperSampling also solved the "shimmer" problem it looks like, need more use to be sure.

Great terrain mod :D

Great stuff. Looks stunning.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does the other 'noise' file do?

UT

This noise texture can be placed in the Landtextures.zip (back it up first). It is the ground noise detail at the lowest level. Mustang made a vey good one not long ago I believe.

Great work Rockwelder, really love these mods!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

About the noise_small.dds file

I have in my Landtextures.zip a file called noise_small.bmp.dds and not one called noise_small.dds

Is the modded file noise_small.dss correctly named? Is it meant to replace a file already in use?

Regards,

Milli

About the noise_small.dds file

I have in my Landtextures.zip a file called noise_small.bmp.dds and not one called noise_small.dds

Is the modded file noise_small.dss correctly named? Is it meant to replace a file already in use?

Regards,

Milli

You could probably get away with renaming the file to noise_small.bmp.dds then inserting it into Landtextures.zip, it was probably a typo.

So are the trees collision models?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||