Combined Forces!

jmod

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:helpsmilie:

Radios, radios... I need to know about radios in Combined Arms. Will we have some kind of radio interface to dial frequencies so it can be used with TARS or not.

This may now seem trivial but without the option to use TARS with it to comunicate with airplanes and other vehicles, the final product would not be so much perfect or attractive in multiplayer missions. :doh:

Please let us know. Does it have some kind of radio interface where to dial frecuencies?

This looks like a massive step in the right direction. Out of interest - if someone decided to model some realistic ground vehicles to a similar fidelity of the current air assets, could they be plugged into DCS:World?

Radios, radios... I need to know about radios in Combined Arms. Will we have some kind of radio interface to dial frequencies so it can be used with TARS or not.

This may now seem trivial but without the option to use TARS with it to comunicate with airplanes and other vehicles, the final product would not be so much perfect or attractive in multiplayer missions. :doh:

Please let us know. Does it have some kind of radio interface where to dial frecuencies?

theres what we call channels on team speak with whisper mode.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Great news! Just curious, with the battle expanding to the ground - will the MP code support more players?

I'm not sure what the limit is, but with people wanting to control ground units, as well as air units - I would hope for at least 64 player MP or more?

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

Great news! Just curious, with the battle expanding to the ground - will the MP code support more players?

I'm not sure what the limit is, but with people wanting to control ground units, as well as air units - I would hope for at least 64 player MP or more?

well lets hope for a more optimized gaming code, because at the state it's in ATM, it seems the CPU is handling everything...

:joystick: :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

This sounds awesome and I'll certainly be buying it! Question, does this mean there will be a dynamic campaign involved in Combined Arms or is it still the same theater building environment but with more control of the battlefield?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Have you ever heard about TARS?

My post is about the possibility of using TARS and frecuencies instead going back to whispers or morse code

you should ask headspace I think hes the one that works on this TARS, I don't use it because I like to talk to the guys while on the TS channels rather than wait for the radios to warm up.

I know its an immersion thang for some of y'all :thumbup:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=61302&highlight=TARS

I'll come out of my self imposed retirement to comment on this posting and good news :)

I'm grateful to ED for making the CA available and no doubt I'll buy it, BUT and this is a huge BUT where is my NEVADA MAP !!! how much longer do we have to wait ?

• Like 1

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

And one vote AGAINST Steam ...

But bloody brilliant on the original topic! Whoot Combined Arms .. my dream come true!

No one's forcing you to use Steam. Is it a bad thing that others are allow to have a choice? ;)

I already have the game in my Steam library as do others too. Last thing I need is to buy another copy separately.

I'll come out of my self imposed retirement to comment on this posting and good news :)

I'm grateful to ED for making the CA available and no doubt I'll buy it, BUT and this is a huge BUT where is my NEVADA MAP !!! how much longer do we have to wait ?

Still in the works. Development was frozen the past few months for internal reasons, but it is back on track now AFAIK. Also worth noting that the team working on Nevada is not the same team working on CA. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Still in the works. Development was frozen the past few months for internal reasons, but it is back on track now AFAIK. Also worth noting that the team working on Nevada is not the same team working on CA. ;)

They are also not even in the same country :)

Nate

No one's forcing you to use Steam. Is it a bad thing that others are allow to have a choice? ;)

I already have the game in my Steam library as do others too. Last thing I need is to buy another copy separately.

If you wanted to download it from ED, rather than Steam, you can do so without further purchase. Your steam key will still work. (unless we're talking BS1)

I'm not against steam in any way. My steam account hit 100 games this week, just pointing out some available options.

+100000

I am anticipating this release; the video has given me the impression DCS: Combined Arms will be enjoyable, challenging, and varied.

(omg omg omg so awesome)

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

I heard a request for a negative comment...

While I am looking forward to the new toy, I am reserving judgement with regards to AI performance.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: