Combined Forces!

jmod

Let me think.... TOR, Tunguska, Roland, Chaparral, Avenger, Striela, Shilka, Bradley

Enter the vehicle

Aim

Fire

Watch burning sky

:D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this shot reminds me of SoCal....During NTC FT. Irwin Dessert war fair center. oh the memories. I still have my maps of the entire Base..

mmm maybe when Nevada comes out FT.Irwin will be there? its just southwest of the nevada state line.

attachment.php?attachmentid=66842&d=1338691259

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hah! Looks just like Arma 2.

It does! I can't believe this started out as a helicopter sim. I am looking forward to see how far DCS can go!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

With Combined Arms and human control of units I guess there will be more units moved in to cover. Cover behind threes and buildings and not be sitting openly on the field. SAM will be more of a challenge I hope and Manpads lurking together with softer units. The "Hide & seek" game will be a completly new area of this sim now.

(HJ)

With Combined Arms and human control of units I guess there will be more units moved in to cover. Cover behind threes and buildings and not be sitting openly on the field. SAM will be more of a challenge I hope and Manpads lurking together with softer units. The "Hide & seek" game will be a completly new area of this sim now.

(HJ)

Congrats - you'll be able to be on the receiving end of a CBU-97. We all be able to get some new perspectives.

PS: Look up!

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Nice to see all the new developments!will the CA vehicles be controllable by joystick or keyboard?...any other functions like lights,doors,smoke.i want to drive a vehicle into a c17 for transport ; ) We need a interface for all the cockpit builders!!!e.g.working MFDs and real gauges... (IRIS)!?

Another question. Will the combined arms commander have the ability to command units that activate after the game has commenced. So let say a unit does'nt activate for 15 minutes after the mission starts. Can we take command of them?

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Nice to see all the new developments!will the CA vehicles be controllable by joystick or keyboard?...any other functions like lights,doors,smoke.i want to drive a vehicle into a c17 for transport ; ) We need a interface for all the cockpit builders!!!e.g.working MFDs and real gauges... (IRIS)!?

all in good time we will have detailed ground unit interiors, just like the aircraft cockpits.

this is the start to new times in dcs world universe.

nearest to high level details in tanks is steel beasts pro pe, but now we have combined arms, nothing stopping it to having the same details in ground units.

In DCS, I think that all the tanks are better detailed than in ArmA 2 which is bloody impressive. This Combined Arms module has got a bright future.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Ok let me rephrase this. Will the Russian JTAC have the ability to lase for the SU or KA.

He won't be lasing for Vikhr delivery at least. ;)

Remember: those are beamriders, it would pretty much be a violation of all known laws of physics if anyone other than the launch platform lased them. ;)

In case you are unfamiliar: laser-guided Mavericks and Hellfires (as examples) have a detector in the nose that looks for the reflection of the laser to find it's target. Beamriders like the Vikhr instead have the detector in the rear, where they look for a laser "grid" that is projected from the launch platform, whereafter it maneuvers to stay in the middle of this grid. (Thus the spiraling motion typical of the Vikhrs.) Therefore, the Vikhr can only be guided by something that is immediately behind it at launch, which usually is the launching aircraft. This is also the reason why the Vikhr may go "dumb" if you have a lot of sideways motion at the moment of launch; it'll fail to intercept the laser grid and never have any guidance.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In case you are unfamiliar: laser-guided Mavericks and Hellfires (as examples) have a detector in the nose that looks for the reflection of the laser to find it's target. Beamriders like the Vikhr instead have the detector in the rear, where they look for a laser "grid" that is projected from the launch platform, whereafter it maneuvers to stay in the middle of this grid. (Thus the spiraling motion typical of the Vikhrs.) Therefore, the Vikhr can only be guided by something that is immediately behind it at launch, which usually is the launching aircraft. This is also the reason why the Vikhr may go "dumb" if you have a lot of sideways motion at the moment of launch; it'll fail to intercept the laser grid and never have any guidance.

I'm always amazed at the amount and quality of the handy hints I pick up from browsing these forums ... thanks!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Let me think.... TOR, Tunguska, Roland, Chaparral, Avenger, Striela, Shilka, Bradley

sorry, no Roland or Tor yet, may be later.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

sorry, no Roland or Tor yet, may be later.

Gepard maybe ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

I read some speculation on this point, but so far not an official statement. When the announcement talks about "a first person armor warfare simulation", what level of realism does it imply? Will the symbology be the same as in the real thing, or will ground vehicles be simplified? Will there be driver and gunner positions?

I think vehicles don't in general have the same level of complexity as airplanes, but how much of that will be realised? If the first release of CA will be more of a proof of concept, are there plans to release DCS-level fidelity modules also for vehicles, or allow them to be released by 3rd party devs?

Edit: Think Hpasp's SAMSIM module for DCS

Edited by Keyser

I know it was stated that we won't be able to control multi-unit SAMs (i.e. SA-10), but is this set in stone?

I think it would be kind of fun to at least allow a human to control most SAM units on a side to replicate full on IADS since I've seen it stated the AI doesn't really do that.... provided of course that the HQ units required for such connectivity still exist.

Multiple humans controlling multiple sam units via VOIP would be awesome. >:)