Virtual European Air Operations?

"The VEAO team are pleased to announce that we have signed contracts to develop the following aircraft for the DCS flight simulator engine.

DCS: Hawk

DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon

We will be starting with the BAE Hawk T1.A as this is the model we have developed the most so far and is the easiest to integrate into DCS as it is less digital.

So far the integration into DCS is going well, however we are learning as we go along, as are other mod teams.

We have created forums for general discussion at this time and may expand these later.

These are very exciting times for the team and the community and we are very pleased to make this announcement.

Thanks,

Chris."

woot

Vega 2700x /16Gb ram/480Gb SSD/1Tb Seagate/nVidia 2080/Win 10 64 bit Rift. T-flight pedals.

nice!

REALLY NICE!

what other 3rd party devlopper is there still to be known?!

edit: I hope the hawk will be carrier ready

Edited by genbrien
Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Eurofighter and BAE Hawk, you guys seeing this?

You guys seeing this?!

Virtual European Air Operations

DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon

DCS: Hawk

raisins.jpg

HOLY CRAP! SH*T JUST GOT REAL!!!

:thumbup::thumbup: sorry, but just cant hold my excitment! More great news in a few weeks than the past few years!!

Thank you Thank you

Thank you Thank you

Thank you Thank you

Thank you Thank you

Thank you Thank you!!!

edit: First the Mig21, then IRIS, then VEAO, ED your the man! Shall we call NASA and get it in the business now?

Edited by Rainbowed

I like that they're planning on working on "...terrain and combat theater region buildings" and not just aircraft!

(of course those aircraft are great too)

Agree completely! As suspected, 3rd party aircraft development is a bit haphazard, based mostly on what the various groups have previously done, and not necessarily what would make the most sense with respect to a coherent combat environment. I don't blame anybody for it, nothing could be more logical to a 3rd party developer than to draw on existing experience and material when approaching a new sim engine, but IMHO new and better theatres are just as sorely needed.

I only hope we don't end up with Iraq and Afghanistan though :( Desert Storm was probably the most interesting conflict of the past 30 years, but it's not exactly the most lush and scenic place on earth. Afghanistan at least has some stupendous relief, but the current operations there are singularly boring from a fast mover perspective.

The question of the million dollards is: Will we be able to share the cockpit of the Bae Hawk for training purposes?? Or will it just be a useless single seater trainer? :music_whistling:

If there is any learning experience goal about introducing a fighter trainer, cockpit sharing with an instructor is a must.

Too many planes, NOT ENOUGH MOOLAH! Pssh.. there can never be too many planes.... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

For me this is the most important question.

Will be the Hawk used as an online trainer with two humans in cockpit?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

~, but IMHO new and better theatres are just as sorely needed. ~

That's the hole which needs to be filled and perhaps more needed than a plethora of yet more aircraft

~ If there is any learning experience goal about introducing a fighter trainer, cockpit sharing with an instructor is a must. ~

+1

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

This is just awesome. Such a smart decision contracting 3rd party developers...DCS will boom!

And we all get more planes than we can decide on to learn!

Thanks ED for this step...and thanks to all the new developers!

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Well it took me a little while to write the first post haha

And I thought the ED forums for DCS: Hawk and Tiffy were a give away ;)

Hopefully I've answered your questions elsewhere but yes we are looking at developing buildings and terrain as well as aircraft but it's very early days yet.

We also want to have two seater capability for training and ACTS integration so that is certainly a goal of ours.

Thanks for all of your comments guys, keep them coming.