Virtual Patriots - L-39 External Test In DCS World

Blaze

Working on getting our L-39 into DCS using the mod structure given to us by Alex, with good results so far! Thought you would like to see our progress. At this point it has its own slot, accurate FM, cockpit (still early WIP), collision model, normal maps (early WIP) and all animations and lights are working properly. :)

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work. Is this going to be a public release? Payware or freeware? It would be a good deal of fun. To play with.

Too early to say. We would like to model all aircraft systems when the resources are available to do so. The ZA (combat trainer) and C (trainer) versions, that is.

f'ing aircraft coming out of the WOODWORK!! Seriously all this new addition stuff. This simulator is going to melt my cpu with all these different aircraft flying around. And driving tanks.. I must be dreaming only two years ago I thought a flight sim of this caliber would never appear and here it is. Stoked. Good luck on this.

Awesome job Blaze!!

It's the aircraft I was waiting for this platform. I've used the L39 for FSX which is a great sim with an astonishing flight model and shared cockpit. I'm pretty sure that you will do a great job too.

If DCS suports it, are you considering to make it with shared cockpit as well? It would be a great step forward for DCS on pilot's training. Train with an instructor in the back seat of a trainer jet. :cry::thumbup:

If DCS suports it, are you considering to make it with shared cockpit as well?

It's an area that we would like to possibly explore way down the road, you never know what may be possible in the future.

If you guys will make my beloved bird in DCS-fi, than I will gladly pay you 40 bucks as for another DCS plane! And what about L-159 ALCA? Advanced Light Combat Aircraft? Mmmm, yum yum ;)

Aero Vodochody is in my neighborhood :P

Me too ... I've flown the model in Flightgear. Would love to get my mitts on it in DCS.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

DCS does it a little more justice in the "looks" department :D

Without a shadow of a doubt!

These are awesome screenshots.:D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Click for full-res.

7uNjDl.jpg

• Like 1

Blaze seriously I cannot see a thing in that pic.:lol:

L39 Awesome.:thumbup:

Subs, blow the image up (double click on it) and you'll see that it's a low-light shot (night-time) and the detail is in the cockpit ambient lighting ... it's flawless IMO.

Yeah the cockpit lighting at night was just a happy accident actually.

Yeah the cockpit lighting at night was just a happy accident actually.

That's a lucky find! I hope that you guys do release this one. Can't have enough jet trainers y'know :thumbup:

f'ing aircraft coming out of the WOODWORK!! Seriously all this new addition stuff. This simulator is going to melt my cpu with all these different aircraft flying around. And driving tanks.. I must be dreaming only two years ago I thought a flight sim of this caliber would never appear and here it is. Stoked. Good luck on this.

Yeah but let's just hope and ensure that there's consistent quality control and checking. It's all well and good having third party addons etc but the DCS brand is built on quality, detailed, accurate and professional aircraft. Would be a shame to tarnish that brand with err, well, you get my drift.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on progress:

General

Test cockpit fully animated and clickable to assist development of systems

Flight Controls (SFM limited)

Auto Speedbrakes (Mach 0.78 ) Implemented

Flaps Protection (310 km/h IAS) Implemented

Electrical System

28V DC System Implemented

115V 400Hz Inverter I & II Implemented

36V 400Hz Inverter III & IV Implemented

Electrical Busses and switching logic

Voltammeter Gauge readout

Engine

Accurate N1 and N2 readouts (SFM limited)

Engine Vibration readout

Fuel System

Correct tank flow sequencing and gauge readout (SFM limited)

Inverted Flight Reservoir capacity and booster pump refill rates modeled

Accurate fuel flow

Indicator lights functioning

Navigation

Standby Compass with deviation and pitch/bank errors

HSI Compass Card with gyro drift error

Other Working Instruments

RV-5M Radio Altimeter with Decision Height selector and warning light

ADI

VVI/Turn Slip

Accelerometer with min/max needles

Altimeter

Indicated/True Airspeed Indicator

Mach Meter

Clock

Flight Dynamics (SFM limited)

Thrust and weight values adjusted to match aircraft

Accurate climb rates and stall speeds

Very minor tweaking of lift coefficients so far, but the default L-39 SFM values were pretty good to start with:

mkitQ.png

Edited by SilentEagle

Wow sounds like you us are paying attention to every little detail, you got another customer if you decide to sell it! Just curious why don't you have your own section on the forum?

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro