Situational Awareness - The Virtual Battlefield Journal

FLANKERATOR

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flankerator, I have a pilot to fill that slot.

Sure mate, done.

We have one too .I will tell him to be there in case there is an empty slot. :thumbup:

Thanks Greg, Kunz (Red MiG-29S) could have problems joining tonight as he has a power outage because of local heavy rain. He's trying his best but might not show up.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I posted the issue with a MEGA-track file (not sure even if that was the track from before the 2nd run?) in my "bug-thread": http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2058890#post2058890

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I will also post the track if needed.

In any case, it was a HUGE fun to fly with you guys, exept that I got bingo of wine :)

S!

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I had a great time:thumbup: and I took a few things away with me too:smilewink: Thx guys was a great way to spend my Saturday!!!:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I had a lot of problems last night with a lot of different things locally. My stick stopped working, my keyboard stopped working and when I managed to get to the desktop all froze so I had to use the reset button. I eventually gave up and just landed at Batumi. I have recently changed everything in my computer and got a new X52 Pro and updated the drivers. I have started by removing new drivers and going back to what worked before. Anyway, I'm sorry I was not contributing to the fight.

Any result up yet?

It was a pleasure to fly both missions last night. The organization is one of the major events ... the fun too.

Too bad for the de-sync ...

Special thanks to = 2IAE = FahhhBG and Kunz, was a pleasure to fly with you.

Compliments to our GCI 59thLefty who kept communications very clean and punctual.

Thanks of course to Flanker for the invitation and the organizers (51nd-104th-SA-Simpit) because it is thanks to these demonstrations if the interest to DCS remains high.

Look for mission communications tonight ... Meanwhile I still prepare myself drinking Italian wine ... so I don't see the de-sync.

Vodka and wine for all ... offer MOM ED, Babuska and me.

Se you!

PS: If you need the trk and acmi of everyone let me know that I send them.

Edited by Gaanalma

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Looking at Riptide's Tacview, I see valid kills with logical maneuvering, evasive actions and people 'looking' aware of incoming missiles.

• Spade's AIM120 kill on Breakshot from a 7nm away head on shot @ 13:06:40.
  • Breakshot returning the favor to Spade thanks to an ET, fired just before getting hit by that 120.
  • Ironmike's kill on Kunz using 120C, 12nm away.
  • GregOzby's kill on Frostie via ET from 6nm away from rear aspect.
  • Voka's visual kill on Rage by ET.
  • Voka's visual kill on TaliG by ET.
  • Slowhand hit by SA-15 from Gudauta.
  • Ralfidude ejecting after taking damage from SAM at Gudauta.
  • SA-15 destroyed by Chrico (A-10C) by AGM-65D.
  • Chrico destroyed after taking damage from SA-15.

But, on the other hand, it seems there was a huge desynchronization going on with victims not being aware they were hit while wingmen were seeing them on fire. This is what I understood from the impressions received on TS yesterday.

Unfortunately, most Redfor pilots withdrew and left the server after the first losses as it seemed to be unplayable for them because of the network issues. That left the way wide open for the A-10C's to attack Gudauta.

I will need to watch tracks from Breakshot and Spade to see what actually happened, link events together and try to come up with a final report.

Guys, please understand this is for the sake of fairness and transparency towards everyone. I'm sure there was heavy desynch going on, but it's my duty and responsibility as the event organiser to prove it in the most official and appropriate manner.

Thank you for your understanding.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Thanks for the event guys.

I'm sure we will find the way cause we recently had many events with ~25 to ~30 people with some normal lag and warping issues but not so much to make the game unplayable.

The Server of 51st is known to be stable so I believe the next time we will make it.

Don't lose faith :thumbup:

I think the first steps that could make things better are :

-Repair DCS on the server and remove any mods like Slmod or servman cause there are many clients in a specific area.

-Specify a connection speed for every client (e.g. 10240 speed)

-Tell everyone to connect in a specific row with the server unpaused.An admin should call each person to join and leave some seconds for the second one to join after him.They then should all take off after a message of the Admin.

This maybe won't help but at the other hand this way was used in other games also and it made a difference.

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

It became a little surreal. Kill messages that made no sense. Aircraft flying around on fire when their pilots reported everything was fine. Random disconnects. Bandits flying like drones at times.

Saying that it was still enjoyable. Thank you to Flankerator and Simpit for organizing and sponsoring. I have no doubt the event will be re-arranged once the server issues are dealt with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I don't know if it could have been an issue but the server was on 1.2.8 not Beta, if people joined using the latest beta update it may have caused issues.

This happens on our server all the time and it runs just fine, since most of the 104th members run the game on the open beta client. I was thinking this could be it too, but I don't think so. That said, worth a try.

I think the problem is that all seriousness of the event went out of the window pretty early after most reported sightings of lots of burning aircraft still flying around.

Yes. If people land on sochi and then explode from a hit/fictitious hit then we know we're no longer in Kansas. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It became a little surreal. Kill messages that made no sense. Aircraft flying around on fire when their pilots reported everything was fine. Random disconnects. Bandits flying like drones at times.

Saying that it was still enjoyable. Thank you to Flankerator and Simpit for organizing and sponsoring. I have no doubt the event will be re-arranged once the server issues are dealt with.

I remember I called out on Chat a possible Red Su-27 AI. That's how buggy it was. THe pilots label was Pilot#006... of course it wasn't an AI really... but... that's the level of bizarre we got to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]