Situational Awareness - The Virtual Battlefield Journal

FLANKERATOR

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.2.6 is definitely a no go gentlemen. Greg and myself have been discussing options to accommodate "Phoenix's Nest" to the current version. We have removed ground commander slots, shrank the mission to 16 slots and removed all unnecessary scripts, still no guarantee it will run smooth on D-day.

I have personally suggested to use 1.2.4 for the SA tour events, but that doesn't seem to be a unanimous decision, people are not very keen to have 2 DCS versions installed side by side, especially on the host machine. 1.2.4 is still the most stable version that has been released, but are people ready to roll back or even better install it separately? I would.

Greg is still testing the mission and will keep you posted.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Hello guys.

Unfortunately we won't be able to roll back to another version.

So the missions will be on 1.2.6 .

We are going to have 2 matches .One only with Air to Ground roles and the other one only Air to Air and SEAD .

The matches will have max 16 pilots to avoid warping and server issues.

Standby for more details and final dates of the missions.

In case the Server won't be able to handle the missions we are going to cancel it and wait for a more stable version.

See you soon :)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Ok, I rather wait for a more stable version though than having server problems on D-Day... -.- but thx for update, Flankerator & Greg!! ;)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

Is current version already more stable than last one few weeks ago? :)

We could try Ground mission & Air to air in one server one time... :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is current version already more stable than last one few weeks ago? :)

We could try Ground mission & Air to air in one server one time... smile.gif

Hello Daniel! Unfortunately, TMC events don't appear to be a good option for official events as the servers are still crashing randomly, at least for now :(

Testing is ongoing and people are trying to report back to ED as mush as they can here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115971

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update, you two! :) ;)

• 1 month later...

hey guys, wish you all nice christmas, and this seems great news too!!! :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117324

hey guys, wish you all nice christmas, and this seems great news too!!! :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=117324

Hey Daniel, Thank You, I wish you a nice Christmas too buddy.

That changelog looks promising, I like the ability to get a track file even when the game crashes, I think that will help a lot to improve the overall stability.

However, IRST system in FC3 announced as being based on the MiG-29's EOS thus with no elevation control is disappointing. How about the Shukois? and is it 100% sure that EOS in the Fulcrum has no scan elevation control?

• Like 1

However, IRST system in FC3 announced as being based on the MiG-29's EOS thus with no elevation control is disappointing. How about the Shukois? and is it 100% sure that EOS in the Fulcrum has no scan elevation control?

I can't understand the reasoning behind this no EOS elevation scan? Do the devs have reliable info that the MiG-29 does not have EOS elevation scan? If they do, why can't they share it with us since we are often asked for proof?

Anyway, this was posted on the forums a long time back but I'll post it again.

KOLS / Izdeliye 13Sh / OEPS-29

OKB: NPO Geophyizika

Fitted to the MiG-29A, KOLS is a combined IRST/LR device. All aspect device. Acquires targets independently, or with data input from the radar. Can detect a non-afterburning fighter head-on at a range of 12-18km. The collimated laser can provide ranging data from 200-6500m accurate to 3m. Scanning limits are ±30° azimuth, -15°/+30° elevation.

oeps-29.jpg

Chart showing KOLS operational modes from MiG-29 combat employment manual

Operates in several scanning modes. In large FOV mode scanning is ±30° azimuth, +30°/15° elevation. In small FOV mode scanning limits are ±30° azimuth and ±15° elevation. Close combat mode scans +16° to -14° by 4°. Lock-on mode scans 6° x 4°. Target tracking rate is up to 30°/sec.

KOLS is able to reject flares only if the combined signature of the flares is less than the target.

Targets are displayed on the same display as the radar.

At least from this public Internet data, it shows that the MiG-29 has a operational EOS elevation scan. How can ED just remove it? Really can't understand the reasoning.

Edited by Kunz

From this data it shows you that different modes have different elevation coverage, not that you can manually control the elevation of the scan.

At least from this public Internet data, it shows that the MiG-29 has a operational EOS elevation scan. How can ED just remove it? Really can't understand the reasoning.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not sure about the SU's but I am pretty sure the Mig-29 has no way of controlling the EOS vertical scan in RL.

My understanding is.....

The aircraft does this itself.

It is constantly scanning the entire 'Autotracking zone' very quickly to update the pilot. It does this by scanning in a sort of Z shape pattern at high speed, so 'theoretically' the Mig is always scanning between its maximum azimuths (depending on mode selected) to find targets and the pilot has no need to manually adjust the elevation of the scan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Yes, hopefully the elevation is now +/-30/15 instead of the worthless 4 degree we've had to put up with since FC3 was released.

Indeed... xD :D

• 1 month later...

And, what is current status (network stability wise) ? and other things in current version? :)

And, what is current status (network stability wise) ? and other things in current version? :)

Hey Daniel, Open Beta is hibernating now. 1.2.7 has been announced as having an 'improved' network stability though most of the servers are still crashing when populated, maybe less than before. A recent theory, which I found interesting, says crashing and re-spawning a certain number of times does actually trigger a server crash. Others suspect memory leakage within C++ source code, while most of the testers try to isolate reproducible occurrences.

Long story short, we're not quite there yet, but network stability is now clearly of a high priority for ED which is a good sign especially with an involved and motivated community. There is room for some MP action I would say providing you take care of some extra details :)

• 2 weeks later...

Now multiplayer (since latest patch) seems stable, right?

Also, my quesiton, why is sa-sim.com currently down/maintenance? What is being changed? :)

Hey Daniel,

Yes MP is much much better now so yes plenty of action is around the corner ;)

As for the site itself, I'm working on a new theme but what I expected to be a normal upgrade turned out to be very time-consuming...but I'm getting there!

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the extended downtime.

Thx for the fast reply, I hope the thread on your sa forum are all still there, with some good discussed tactics (at least in the team I was in :p )

Ah yes, thx! :)

Aye Daniel, we had a good thing going there with Op Phoenix Nest, IIRC our team tactics were working well. Looks as though ED are on the right track with regards to MP stability, that combined with Flankers sterling effort to make these events a reality, the future is looking rosy my friend.

Look forward to visiting your new site Flankerator, keep up the good work mate!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Hey Ax!

Thanks for the kind words I do share your enthusiasm buddy, not only DCS is getting unbelievably gorgeous (those images of the upcoming Su-33 are almost photo-realistic), but the stability is improving as well and I'm sure ED will keep that high on the to-do-list in the upcoming builds. I'm curious to know what they actually did, was it the combination of isolated bugs or rather the crashing/re-spawning trend that some reported or maybe memory related issues...anyways, it's much better now and I hope it will remain like that.