DCS: Combined Arms Screenshots

PeterP

Yes

Thanks Wags! You guys are doing a great job! People don't tell ya that near enough.

Gadgets

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Wags thanks, now we really need a F16 in here! :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

:thumbup: This is great news!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Wags, will it be possible for a mission builder to prohibit the control of a unit?

Maybe by checkbox "hide on map" ???

Wags, will it be possible for a mission builder to prohibit the control of a unit?

Maybe by checkbox "hide on map" ???

I think it is the button called "controllable unit" on the right side where you have time setting etc, when you select units in the editor map.

EDIT: There is no button called "Controllable unit", I was wrong but I´m prety sure I saw this in DCS: A-10C editor or the DCS: KA-50 editor. :doh:

Edited by Custer

This is some great stuff. Nice pics and info for the upcoming release.

Looking forward to CA whenever it is released ;)

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

This is an AWESOME start to bringing about a Real Breathing World. Finally, the linking of realistic FPS with realistic Flight Sim. I hope we will see FPS infantry one day, just like Arma ( but of course a HELL of a lot more realistic! ).

LOVE all the third parties getting involved, just like modders. I hope later on DCS will release mod tools for the general public, so modders can do small tweaks like build buildings, modify the terrain, etc.

This could be Game of the Year, if we can start getting FPS players interested in Realism.

Edited by Wolfie

"Isn't this fun!?" - Inglorious Bastards

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank / When the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank!" - Stones.

This is an AWESOME start to bringing about a Real Breathing World. Finally, the linking of realistic FPS with realistic Flight Sim. I hope we will see FPS infantry one day, just like Arma ( but of course a HELL of a lot more realistic! ).

LOVE all the third parties getting involved, just like modders. I hope later on DCS will release mod tools for the general public, so modders can do small tweaks like build buildings, modify the terrain, etc.

This could be Game of the Year, if we can start getting FPS players interested in Realism.

You got that right Wolfie! This is going to be BIG! Pilots and FPS'ers will be comming out of the closits in DROVES....yeehaaa Loads of "FRESH MEAT! ...mouhahaha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What does a Korean zerg rush look like in DCS world?

Scary thought! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Work in progress, people. My comp can't even handle cockpit shadows, so even a semi realistic dust all over the battlefield would choke it to death.

But a much more realistic dust effect already seems to exist NOW in DCS - the aircraft dust trail is just about perfect (unless it saps too much performance to be used for large numbers of vehicles simultaneously?). I have never understood why ED made two different effects for essentially the same thing anyway: the dust is the same material whether it gets kicked up by a ground vehicle or an aircraft, so logically the graphical representation should be the same as well. It sounds like a banal issue, but inconsistencies like that (of which the above is far from the only example in DCS) actually kill my suspension of disbelief very effectively.

I know what you mean. For me it's a lot of things, graphics wise, but I'll say the smoke plum that look exactly the same all over the map is what kill the suspension in disbelief.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Development scoping...forum members?

Thanks Peter P +1 for sharing!

I'm really looking forward to CA

Hay...Can you say weather or not it will be possible to make miz's where Force on Force and tanks only?

You'd hope so! - would be the top of the must have list for me...:joystick:

Does anyone have any idea how the scope out the development? This community is a real inspriation and I think a lot of mature, considered concepts could be gained from canvasing the troops (the members of this forum).

Science doesn't have all the answers...but at least it's asking the right questions!

I7 Ivy 2.8 Ghz | 20 GB | GTX - 580 | 24" Dell Monitor | Cougar MFD X2 | 4 Lilliput 8" touch screens | Saitek Cessna pedals | TM Warthog HOTAS | Helios

Oh well, ;)

... I'm just two days away and this thread turned almost into another "wishing well" :D

But a much more realistic dust effect already seems to exist NOW in DCS - the aircraft dust trail is just about perfect (unless it saps too much performance to be used for large numbers of vehicles simultaneously?). I have never understood why ED made two different effects for essentially the same thing anyway: the dust is the same material whether it gets kicked up by a ground vehicle or an aircraft, so logically the graphical representation should be the same as well. It sounds like a banal issue, but inconsistencies like that (of which the above is far from the only example in DCS) actually kill my suspension of disbelief very effectively.

You got some valid point.

...we also have to keep in mind that the dust that a air-plane kicks up is bound to the position on the ground when it is triggered. (and this doesn't happens frequently on the map...)

A dust-trail of a ground-vehicle is now only bound to the model of this vehicle.

We need a good compromise of both.

Means:

A vehicle have to spawn dust-clouds that are bound to the ground (instead bound to the vehicle) to look "somewhat" realistic -while moving. and this clouds have to "know" how fast the vehicle was while passing.

So they will vary in size at changed speed and so on... a ++ would be if this dust-clouds move influenced by the wind...

See- its not as easy as it might seems at first glance.

Now imagine a battlefield with hundreds of moving units....

Lets hope the Dev's find a good compromise to maintain performance.

Edited by PeterP

Oh well, ;)

... I'm just two days away and this thread turned almost into another "wishing well" :D

You got some valid point.

...we also have to keep in mind that the dust that a air-plane kicks up is bound to the position on the ground when it is triggered. (and this doesn't happens frequently on the map...)

A dust-trail of a ground-vehicle is now only bound to the model of this vehicle.

We need a good compromise of both.

Means:

A vehicle have to spawn dust-clouds that are bound to the ground (instead bound to the vehicle) to look "somewhat" realistic -while moving. and this clouds have to "know" how fast the vehicle was while passing.

So they will vary in size at changed speed and so on... a ++ would be if this dust-clouds move influenced by the wind...

See- its not as easy as it might seems at first glance.

Now imagine a battlefield with hundreds of moving units....

Lets hope the Dev's find a good compromise to maintain performance.

always add gui option for dust effects as well so low end machines can perform without it.

Since were on the topic of dust effects, I find that the same is not true for water. If I fly close to the ground at high speed, dust will kick up. But if I fly close to water at high speed - no splashing effect is there.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Do it properly...

always add gui option for dust effects as well so low end machines can perform without it.

Do it well or don't do it at all :thumbup:

Could this not be an effect applied through graphical settings? like heat blur? The current effect is a little overdone I feel. but it certainly aids in detection so I'm not complaining - make it realistic, just not too realistic!

Science doesn't have all the answers...but at least it's asking the right questions!

I7 Ivy 2.8 Ghz | 20 GB | GTX - 580 | 24" Dell Monitor | Cougar MFD X2 | 4 Lilliput 8" touch screens | Saitek Cessna pedals | TM Warthog HOTAS | Helios

Do it well or don't do it at all :thumbup:

Could this not be an effect applied through graphical settings? like heat blur? The current effect is a little overdone I feel. but it certainly aids in detection so I'm not complaining - make it realistic, just not too realistic!

disagree got to have options inplace, caters for everyone.

Your faith Is strong! :thumbup:

I hope so, I worked extra swap days to take off for this occasion! :joystick:

I wish Wags and team a lot of luck and prayers for this bug squashing events..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||