DCS: Tornado possible?

Hmm, I feel I may have inadvertently started something.....

Well I know that I'll not think of the VEAO guys in the same way now, but that's probably just my own sense of humour :)

Aside from this, I am actually really looking forward to one day being able to fly the Tornado; especially if it's going to be possible to team up with a friend in the same aircraft and wreak havoc on the ground below.

Good luck Crispy Men!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know that I'll not think of the VEAO guys in the same way now, but that's probably just my own sense of humour :)

Aside from this, I am actually really looking forward to one day being able to fly the Tornado; especially if it's going to be possible to team up with a friend in the same aircraft and wreak havoc on the ground below.

Good luck Crispy Men!

Can you imagine how good a tornado in dcs would be, I used to love D.I's Tornado back in the day, flying in poor weather, I used to love the effect of flying into the grey overcast clouds which in its day was impressive. How improved it will be in dcs. I can just picture skimming over the mountains and into valleys at high speed with loads of dumb bombs strapped to my Tornado, and delivering my bomb load with precision and coming through the other side with maybe one or two holes through the tail fin. Well that's the plan anyway.:pilotfly:And as you say being able to do this with somebody you know working in the back seat, it would be very cool.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent the day with Tom, Mike and Gareth from Close Air Solutions and Tom happens to be an ex front line Tornado pilot who has agreed to help us develop the Tornado.

Having front line pilot experience is something that no manual can guide you when developing an aircraft and we're extremely pleased Tom has offered to help out.

Thought you guys would like that ;)

Chris

Just spent the day with Tom, Mike and Gareth from Close Air Solutions and Tom happens to be an ex front line Tornado pilot who has agreed to help us develop the Tornado.

Having front line pilot experience is something that no manual can guide you when developing an aircraft and we're extremely pleased Tom has offered to help out.

Chris

You guys have excellent resources! Awesome work guys..

As always looking forward to every single plane on your list...

Welcome aboard Tom! And THANK YOU

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Chris

Thats pretty much the best news ever. :thumbup:

Chris

****ing amazing. The Tornado is one hell of an aircraft.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Love it! Digital Integration's Tornado was one of the best sims of its day. Anything that evokes that spirit will be very, very welcome on my PC. :)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

That's great news Chris! Look forward to seeing the development progress at Dux in September.

Just kidding of course. ;)

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Chris

Chris. This is me after reading this....

Also... begging, on my bended knees... for the theme tune, you have to do a modern remix of the DID Tornado menu music. It is forever associated in my mind with flying ultra low level bombing missions.

Everything about the menus of that sim oozed atmosphere and credibility. Loved the real world squadron photography.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

So relieved that the Tornado is going to get DCS attention to detail, nice one VEAO. :thumbup:

Oh and I agree with dotChuckles about the D.I music.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

realy amazing news. Waything for this realese some day.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Excellent, makes this module even more interesting although it was already on my list.:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

superb news!

Are DCS runways properly coded so that the JP233 can bring utter destruction to them?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Thank god it's not the F3! I hate that, but the GR4, ooh yeah baby

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yep the GR4 will do very nicely thank you, as long as JP233s are available mind!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Nothing closes down an airport like the JP233!