DCS: Tornado possible?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a mechanic on the tornado for about 5 years now and would love to see a Tornado in DCS, but I don't think that it's possible to rebuild a tornado in DCS specially when it comes to the weapon systems due to classified information (don't forget that this bird is still going strong and that the armament system is something nobody wants to reveal I guess).

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

I've been a mechanic on the tornado for about 5 years now and would love to see a Tornado in DCS, but I don't think that it's possible to rebuild a tornado in DCS specially when it comes to the weapon systems due to classified information (don't forget that this bird is still going strong and that the armament system is something nobody wants to reveal I guess).

Well VEAO are doing a Eurofighter....

Well VEAO are doing a Eurofighter....

Yes but they actually have a military contract to do the Eurofighter, they will then "dilute" the final result to give us a public consumer version, if they make the Tornado, they wont have the same access and info on systems etc. , so IMO its a totally different start point. They clearly stated that they would only do DCS modules of an aircraft if they felt they had enough access to it as to make it as realistic as possible. Now, in the Eurofighter module no one knows what percentage there will be of realistic and what of artstic guess.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Yes but they actually have a military contract to do the Eurofighter, they will then "dilute" the final result to give us a public consumer version, if they make the Tornado, they wont have the same access and info on systems etc. , so IMO its a totally different start point. They clearly stated that they would only do DCS modules of an aircraft if they felt they had enough access to it as to make it as realistic as possible. Now, in the Eurofighter module no one knows what percentage there will be of realistic and what of artstic guess.

Those are very much assumptions on your part.

I am looking at some very detailed manuals and information of the GR1 right now.

Please do not make assumptions on our behalf ;)

Pman

Pman, can you say somethings about ADV (F3) version? UK version is out of service since 2010, what about data classification?

Thanks in advance!

Bye

Phant

Not something we are considering at this time, as/when Tornado comes around it will be a GR and not an F series

Pman

Those are very much assumptions on your part.

I am looking at some very detailed manuals and information of the GR1 right now.

Please do not make assumptions on our behalf ;)

Pman

Sorry, just wanted to point out , IMHO the differences of making of different modules, maybe it was abit confusing.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Personally id rather have a Tornado then a eurofighter =P.

Mainly because the Eurofighter is still mostly Classified while the Tornado is not.

but we'll have both....

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• 6 months later...

Not wanting to talk about other sims and developers but there is another developer out there doing a tornado gr1 for another flight sim and they apparently were given access to the gr1 located at Duxford iwm. Are you guys planning to gain your info for the tornado from the same source?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Not wanting to talk about other sims and developers but there is another developer out there doing a tornado gr1 for another flight sim and they apparently were given access to the gr1 located at Duxford iwm. Are you guys planning to gain your info for the tornado from the same source?

I do have access to that airframe yes, however until we have made an internal decision on which variant we will be doing will I go out and start gathering data.

Tonka won't start until Typhoon is in public beta

Pman

I do have access to that airframe yes, however until we have made an internal decision on which variant we will be doing will I go out and start gathering data.

Pman

Can't wait!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pman

I'd love the GR4 as it has more capabilities than the GR1. but I guess it's down to the legal side of things?

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its just too much work to be honest (all the military negotiations) and the reason that people will want it are things like Brimstone etc which we have an agreement not to include.

Pman

Aw, that's a real pity :(. But things are how they are.

Thanks for telling us, it's appreciated!

But that doesn't change how much I'm looking forward to this bird, regardless which version it will be :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Aw, that's a real pity :(. But things are how they are.

Thanks for telling us, it's appreciated!

But that doesn't change how much I'm looking forward to this bird, regardless which version it will be :joystick:

Gr1 or F3 are the two likely candidates

Gr1 is more likely and has a good array of A2G weapons but it is too far in advance to start confirming specific munitions, I would be looking to include ALARM should we chose a Gr1 though.

Pman

Oh, I haven't thought that the ADV variant is also considered. That's interesting, but I prefer the IDS. An additional ADV variant would be very welcome though :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh, I haven't thought that the ADV variant is also considered. That's interesting, but I prefer the IDS. An additional ADV variant would be very welcome though :D

We wouldn't do both, It would be one or the other

Time / resources / demand just dont allow us to do everything we want ;)

Pman