For all of you that have Google Earth...

Fun to find but sad to watch...

Look up Tucson USA, there you will find an airforce base with a lot of parked A-10's and C-130's, I think there was an F-16 and an F-15 too, cool I thought, and then I looked just to the east of the base... :o

A huge aircraft graveyard... there's B-52's, F-14's, F-4's, F-111's... you name it... all withering away...

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Fun to find but sad to watch...

Look up Tucson USA, there you will find an airforce base with a lot of parked A-10's and C-130's, I think there was an F-16 and an F-15 too, cool I thought, and then I looked just to the east of the base... :o

A huge aircraft graveyard... there's B-52's, F-14's, F-4's, F-111's... you name it... all withering away...

You talking about Davis-Monthan AB? Thats where the "real" 355th are based out of.. or at least used to be.. :biggrin:

-thomp

355th_THOMP.jpg

'Some' F-15s parked at Andrews AFB ;)

andrews.jpg

Some F-16 activity at Aviano AB, Italy

aviano.jpg

Hope the steering is ok for this C-130 pilot, at Brindisi AB, Italy

brindisi.jpg

Israeli F-16s parked at Decimomannu, NATO training range, Italy

deci1.jpg

Israeli C-130 and NATO AWACS parked at Decimomannu, NATO training range, Italy

deci2.jpg

'Some' USN/USMC aircraft parked at Fallon NAS

fallon.jpg

Some F-15E ops at Lakenheath, UK

lakenheath.jpg

'Some' A-10 Ops at Suwon AB, South Korea

suwon.jpg

Libyan Mig-25

libya.jpg

Some 'small boats' at Oceana

oceana.jpg

An Iranian F-4 Phantom ready for takeoff at Bandar-Busher

busher.jpg

Iraqi shelter penetrated by LGB at H3 airbase, Iraq. Every shelter in that base has such a hole on the top. The runway has some obstacles maybe to prevent unwanted takeoffs...

h3.jpg

bombed airbase close to Belgrade, Serbia (don't know why it has not been repaired yet... a new runway was built nearby)

belgrade1.jpg

detail

belgrade2.jpg

Mig-21s parked in open space at belgrade

belgrade3.jpg

Originally Posted by SwingKid

Groznyy, Chechnya. The battlefield smoke is visible from space... Compare that to our sims!

Yeah - reckon there should be a line in a .Lua or .cfg somewhere to let you set how long the smoke keeps going for - let you ballance it against performance.

Cheers.

bombed airbase close to Belgrade, Serbia (don't know why it has not been repaired yet... a new runway was built nearby)

Would you please, sir, leave Belgrade alone? If you want to talk flame, let us please go to the flame section of the forum, right here.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Would you please, sir, leave Belgrade alone? If you want to talk flame, let us please go to the flame section of the forum, right here.

Thank you!!!!!!!

don't want to start a flame. my post wasn't supposed to hurt anybody, I'm terribly sorry if it did so. I just noticed some unusual features as seen from the sky.

I found strange that after some years a military airfield still bore so many signs that it was bombed. Full stop.

Anyway you don't have to see a political thread every time one writes about your country. You had war, and I'm sorry for that since I hate war and violence. I hate each and every war in this world.

But, even if it just happened few years ago, I feel it like something belonging to the past. Now we live in peace, we are talking in a free forum, we are lucky enough to be able to play computer games. Maybe we support the same soccer or basketball players... just enjoy the fact that now we live in peace.

and don't try to start political flames everytime your country is just mentioned.

Groznyy, Chechnya. The battlefield smoke is visible from space... Compare that to our sims! -SK

Yeah, ... the fire smoke in LOCKON would need some overhaul to look more real. LOCKON shows high-altitude airplane vapor trails tens of miles long but for some reason they restricted ground fires to tiny puffs ...

Anyone else got some cool place to check out?

Search for Rio de Janeiro....just in front of airport you can see the Naval Base with the aircraft-carrier Sao Paulo and Minas Gereais

you can also see one sub near to the port and other being constructed in the other side

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4