Results of 1.11 patch

Well for me, so far so good. My biggest issues in crashing during MP mission loading have not yet happened to me. 1.1 used to crash over 60% of the times right up when I entered the mission.

In adition its a lot smoother online. I used to get very different perfomance figures in solo and MP, and now the gap is much reduced.

Perfomance degradation occurs at much slower rate with session time.

A question for testers:

Flight models have been tweaked? because in the f-15 I get a different feel at low speeds now.

The team certainly did a good job in swating the bugs out. Glad I waited this long for these results.:icon_pidu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Might be the games smoothness at low level, time at wich Im manuevering for landing. I was WOW'ed by MP perfomance difference. In solo too, I have noticed a slight increase in perfomance mainly in suttering management, wich allowed me to pull scenes all the way up.

My PC specs below:

Yup, I too noticed framerate increase in both SP and MP. I can now set my scenes to HIGH (though medium viewing distance) with some cca 20 fps low above cities.

Multiplayer feels great. Rich scenes around airbase + fog + rain, and smooth performance while flying over the mountains filled with trees.

All I can say is, good job ED and it was worth waiting!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Same here. My frame rate is smooth and even I can turn on the mirrors! I´ve tested missions that always were unplayable, and now run great!

I thought that was no future for me for playing LOMAC at "everythinghigh" until NASA could sell me their computers, but now I see I was wrong!!

Thanks ED!!!

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

ok the server i was just on, there was warping bigtime and game crashes for everyone, but the server remained up. i dont know if it was serverside or the new patch but it was crazy stuff.

it was the 504th server, i presume it was just a glitch that maybe resetting the server could sort, but when people were joining and leaving thats when i experienced it, and so did everyone else on the server. after a while game froze and 5 minutes later unfroze, but by that time everyone else had rebooted, after that i experienced no bad effects except i couldnt see my missiles coming off the rails,they were invisible and i thought that for some reason it wasnt firing.

It could be because they're using missions that weren't made with 1.11. There may be some issues with this.

Yeah the missions running tonight were made in 1.1. One of our mission builders is on the case as we speak.

A few guys connecting forgot to set their connection speeds so it might be that. Server was great for me.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

ya it probably was the mission being created in 1.1 that was the prob, i had 128/128 and for about 10 minutes the server went crazy. it was impossible to track and basically a mess, but i think with 1.11 missions it will be uber smooth.

1 specific time when my screen froze, it unfroze about 2 minutes later, i was unable to alt tab out so i decided to leave it and when it came back everyone apart from me and 169th mustang who had just joined had left and then came back in, so i presume it was maybe just the mission thing.

Should we scrap all of our 1.1 missions or test them for compatibility?

My suggestion would be the following:

Take a mission already made with 1.1 and run as follows:

1. unaltered

2. Open in 1.11 editor, save as different file name

3. Re-create same mission from scratch.

Alternate those 3 missions over a week or two, and this will allow you to decide which one has accumulated the most issues - if they are all more or less even, obviously you don't need to scrap the old missions.

Unfortuantely this is something that we did nto have time to test heavily.

Theoretically a re-save should fix any issues, but no guarantees.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

yup a lot of people forgot and left connex speed at 33k me included.

Despite the problems I will always be thankfull to those who put up servers to much of their expense. 504 included.

My PC specs below:

It could be because they're using missions that weren't made with 1.11. There may be some issues with this.

Ahhh...this could very well be. I've just spent this afternoon trying to get the program to play missions I made with prior version and some play, some don't and cause freeze up.

Guest ruggbutt
Starforce is regarded by many as malware.

And by many it's not.

it causes system instability,

I've heard that, but for the life of me I can't figure out why my system isn't unstable. I've had several versions installed for different games and my rig runs as good as it did before SF.

For mnay they cannot even load a game with them on their system.

For many huh? How many? Having followed this SF issue from the start you're finding 3% having issues, and the majority are because of old CD/DVD drives. All of your "facts" are exactly the same facts that used to be put forward about Safedisc copy protection. Alot of the BS you're hearing is coming from the thieves who crack the games. They're pissed off cuz the new version of SF is nigh impossible to crack.

I'd love to see your factual evidence.

Not this again...please.

I've just played online for 2h30m consecutive, thats a new record: NO FPS LOSS!! this is a first. It was over at 504 server (looks like sorted the problems out) FPS between 20 and 30 FPS all the way. Loads of AG targets.

My PC specs below:

Well from me a HUGE THANKYOU to all those involved in the patch Awesome job and well worth the wait. I can now run my MiniWar Mission with pure enjoyment.

Smoother and less bandwidth used. A picture is worth a thousand words..

1.11-dedi.jpg

Still a lot of testing to do but here goes first impressions:

frames are better a little bit and seem more stable

MP seems more stable (only small screen freeze noticed)

jams are not showing up on radar until much closer than 1.1

F-15 HUD distance to waypoint is corrected except for ILS mode which is very close to correct (maybe runway as opposed to initial glide path?)

compass is fixed

True airspeed display on MFD still shows indicated airspeed

A MiG I was flying with reported intermittent AWACS datalink(he wasn't flying low)

some targets seem to be harder to locate on radar (maybe a laggy connection?)

more to come

Intermittent AWACS connection can be easily caused by the target notching the AWACS for example, or the target going into the mountains, or the target being under the radar horizon limit (highly dependent on AWACS altitude!)

In addition, wholesale loss of data can occur when the AWACS makes waypoint turns in which the bank exceeds 30 degrees. The AWACS has an elevation limitation of +/- 30 deg. When it banks, it goes blind (looking too low on one side, too high on the other)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda