Results of 1.11 patch

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i dunno if this is new or not, i was flying 25t earlier, and 15 had me locked, but when i went nose down, say 30 degree down the lock would lose me and when i went level again the 15 would reaquire lock, i did this about 10 times on the way down from 3-4000ft and everytime i went nose down to a max of 30-40 it would always lose lock. but on the other hand, when i pulled nose up the same amount then the lock would never be broken, it only happend on the way down. bogey was on my 12. me likes that little feature cuz it gives me that few extra seconds to think about how am gonna bail when his missile eventually hits meh :)

seriously i never noticed that before the patch, but it is a cool little feature.

He's not losing the lock. You're simly pulling the 30 deg rwr detection cone off him, which is in fact bad for you. He's got you locked, but you don't know it because your RWR can't pick it up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
He's not losing the lock. You're simly pulling the 30 deg rwr detection cone off him, which is in fact bad for you. He's got you locked, but you don't know it because your RWR can't pick it up.

ah, that explains it, but why does it do it when facing down, but doesnt do it when pullin up ?

but yea, now u meantion it that is probably the answer, but i love how you get a lockon warning from vulcan now :)

Well, draw a picture - it'll explain it much better than I can by words ;)

Make a box that is your aircraft, with a line going 30 deg up, one 30 deg down.

SOmewhere between the top line and airplane's altitude, place an enemy aircraft.

That aircraft's closer to the top line, so if you tilt the plane down, the top line will also 'tilt down' and the enemy will now be above this line, and undetectable.

If you tilt up, the bottom line won't come up to the enemy aircraft, so he's still between the top and bottom lines - still detectable.

If he was at lower altitude than you, then you'd lose him tilting up, but not when tilting down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

yea, now you put it that way, i see what you mean, going up, i have to go past 60 to stop picking him up via rwr, but going down i only have to go past 30.

Guest ruggbutt

Did you ever wonder why ED has put up a Removal tool for this malware? That might give you a sign. :)

Why did you buy the game then? Or are you one of those hatebois?

So far, So Great!!!

Hi all.

The release of 1.11 gave me the reason I needed to uninstall LO/FC and re-install everything without any modded files to see the pure final product.

So far everything is AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the Flaming Cliffs Activation Store Utility, it came in handy to save my reg key and not waste a activation.

I have not played online yet, but I have been playing SP tonight. I may be incorrect in this statement but it seems I cannot shoot the Eagle down as easily as I could before(in SP mode).

I will be playing til dawn in SP mode to check out all the new features.

Thanks to Alexander "Redline" Solovkov, George "GYS71" Sinitso, Dmitry Kirichinsky, Marat "Aim" Zeinetdinov, Marс Marbot, Peter "Peter Pan" Ruzanov, Yury "SuperVasia" Bratukhin, & Mig-Mag for creating these new beautiful models. They are nothing short of AWESOME.

I am looking forward to flying all the jets in SP tonight and playing MP tomorrow.

Thanks again Team ED.

-KILSEK

Guest IguanaKing
Wanna see factual huh? OK, do a seach on the Internet for StarForce. It's that easy. It's all over the OCFOrums, it's all over XS, and it all over the Internet. If you are one of the lucky ones that is having trouble free play using Starforce drivers then count yourself lucky.

There are class action lawsuits out there becasue these "so called" drivers have actually corrupted HDD's with valuable data.

I'm not gonna go out there and do the research for you. I've already done that. All you gotta do, is search.

Did you ever wonder why ED has put up a Removal tool for this malware? That might give you a sign. :)

Hmmm...and the internet is full of nothing but absolutely true and reliable information? I think not...no...I KNOW not. ;)

I have not had any problems either. It seems pretty simple to me really, its a normal part of human nature to refuse to believe that you may have done something else to screw your computer up...so people look for something to blame, instead of themselves. As for lawsuits...well...lawyers thrive on people who have difficulty accepting responsibility for their own actions, this is well-known.

I haven't spent too much time with 1.11 yet, as I just downloaded it, but I like what I see so far. Good job ED!!! :icon_jook I even see that many hot-button issues have been addressed.

Guest IguanaKing

It doesn't necessarily mean there were specific issues if a removal tool was offered. It is also very likely that they are simply responding to privacy concerns from their paying customers. BTW...I have known VERY FEW people who have been completely honest about everything involved in any type of mishap, whether it be computer software or otherwise. Again, human nature, very few are completely above it. ;)

Guest ruggbutt

It's also a good bet that an individual that removes the StarForce "driver" (as they are called) and then the problems mysteriously disappear, probably has not caused the issue through human error, or hardware issues.

What issues are you having? And post system specs please. Cuz we all know that it's never a hardware issue.

I have not had any problems either. It seems pretty simple to me really, its a normal part of human nature to refuse to believe that you may have done something else to screw your computer up...so people look for something to blame, instead of themselves. As for lawsuits...well...lawyers thrive on people who have difficulty accepting responsibility for their own actions, this is well-known.

I haven't spent too much time with 1.11 yet, as I just downloaded it, but I like what I see so far. Good job ED!!! :icon_jook I even see that many hot-button issues have been addressed.

Very happy customer here :) http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=11252&page=2

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

guys..somehow I notice that now cockpit relections enabled causes a fps hit that I did not have before 1.11.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Ok my hope with this patch have gone . The bug about save state file is again here . files of second mission in campaign disappear if i quit campaign , the game put me back at every time at the start of first mission . Really im deceived , it is the first time of my life i found a software wich not able to provide correct save state file :icon_evil

about bug dont know if it is known or not but i give it . on keayboard and joy couple trim up-down is reverse with couple trim left-right :rolleyes:

Best regards :icon_wink

Guest ruggbutt
Every time you load the game it re-installs the drivers.

Which means now that he thinks that the drivers are gone, that his rig is running better. The fact is that the drivers are reinstalled and the "malware" hasn't affected his install in the least.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

whats with all the fanboi crap supporting starforce ?, if the dude doesnt like it then so be it, as far as i am concerned i dont like it either, but it hasnt caused me any problems so far, but still i would love to see it gone from my pc.

if the dude thinks his pc is running better because of starforce being uninstalled whats the bigdeal ?

I think my pc runs uber leet after ive visited a few pr0n sites :P

I also think the dude is in the majority when he says he dislikes starforce, as i have yet to see any sane person say that they like it on there pc.

-------------------

For some reason i have noticed things seem to popup more than they used to, like for example oilrigs, yachts etc, i didnt see them til i was right ontop of them, i mean less than 1k out, and BANG they just appeared. i have highest range settings on so i cant see why this is happening now, i take it that maybe its the patch that is the cause, i dunno tho.

I also think the dude is in the majority when he says he dislikes starforce, as i have yet to see any sane person say that they like it on there pc.

I must be insane. I like Starforce on my system because I know it is helping Eagle Dynamics get their hard earned. Which in turn means I get more patches and ADDONS

E.D. has stated before (& again in one of the posts I've read today) that if you remove the SF drivers then they will simply be re-loaded next time you load the game.

It would make sense that if you removed the drivers then the next time you loaded the game it wouldn't disk-check then would install the drivers & (with 1.11) not look for another week.

Who knows - maybe it gets rid of the spalsh screen to stop people trying to unload the drivers again - now there's a conspiracy theory for you ...

The line was that the game wouldn't run without the drivers installed...

I can't see that it would be illegal - E.D. have clearly stated that SF protection is included with the game.

It would be a bit of a waste of time including it if all you had to do was run the utility after installing & you could have the game but not have the SF drivers wouldn't it...

I figure:

Uninstall the drivers & don't play the game anymore- no SF.

Play the game - have the SF drivers.

Cheers.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

you know what i mean, but you'd rather be without it. no activations, no mp3 mess ups etc, but i agree if it helps ed get more stuff out the door, then it could only be a good thing, but its the way starforce does things, there is other programs they could of used instead of starforce which isnt installed on your pc. many other games have protection that hasnt yet been cracked, Ed could of used them.

me no believe you when you say you like starforce on your pc.

goto your device manager and then goto views and then select view hidden devices, and then goto plug n play and you see the amount of crap SF install onto your pc. i got between 6-8 of them, and in device manager of all places.

It seems from the posts here that the % of people who've had problems they couldn't overcome from the SF drivers has been very low.

I reckon that if SF didn't have that splash screen when the game starts - just silently disk checked & asked for the disk if it wasn' there, most of the bad press would never have occured.

Cheers.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Not only that, that is loading malware onto my system without my knowledge and is illegal. Are you certain that's the case?

how can it be illegal if you chose to install it in the first place, the removal tool is only for when you uninstall lockon and want to get rid of SF at the same time, as lockon uninstaller doesnt get rid of SF. Starforce is reinstalled once you start the game up after you have removed it but didnt uninstall lockon.

MBT - good point.

Only played for a couple of hours, but 1.11 is definately smoother & has better FPS.

The force feedback for the SU27 does seeem a bit different...

Still getting a handle on the ARH missile changes & silent HOJ from the F15.

Changes to the AWAC radar make things interesting - more chatter as groups disappear behind terrain/notch etc & then re-appear & are announced again & also having planes appear & disappear over the data-link (are they gone or just can't be seen?) - A 1.1 mission I have where F117's used to be clearly visible over the data-link now has them completely evade detection till WVR.

However I did lose the sound of my gear & flaps retracting in that mission, though they are there in others I tried so maybe I need to save-as again to see if that fixes it.

Cheers.