Starforce checks more then once

Raploc

"The SF copy protection of not request the CD every time, rather, it will only request it once a week."

Well does this mean 1 day a week every time you start the game during that day? Because that would explain why it checks the cd every time I startup the game. :D

yup me too

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

If you're keep the LockOn CD in CD drive than SF will check it. If not - than SF ask the CD in 7 days after last check.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Guest 3DFlyer

OK, so how do I remove this malware, and why was it installing itself onto my drive without my knowledge?

I want an answer about this. These drivers are nothing more than a Virus. They install themselves into you registry and take admisnitrator priveleges basically given full control over the system. They also cause (and are causing I just found out) CD and DVD inop issues. I want these things off of my system! I have just poped in two DVD's and a CD and none of them will play. None of my multi-media files on this sytem will play at all including my mp3's, and self filmed encoded video of which there is over 200GB!

If i find out that this virus of a program has done any damage to this system or has hosed up my reg, I will look into taking legal action about it. This computer is not only a gaming rig, it is also a work machine, and has years worth of irreplaceable, and priceless data stored on it. There are 4 arrays on this machine, and I can't do anything multimedia now. I just tried to burn something as simple as word file, and all I get is a corrupted disk for my trouble!

So far, I have not seen any damage to any customer files, or missing or compromised files, but I better not. I bought an paid for that game. I have a receipt, and i also have an online serial number matched to my name. There is no reason at all to put theft protection on something I already own.

I highly recommend that somebody from the company cantact me through this forum, or through my e-mail before monday, and tell me how to rid my system of this crap. I HIGHLY recommed it. You wanna talk about somebody that is an ill individual. I am now!!!

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

3dflyer, give up, its never gonna be uninstalled aslong as you play lockon, the only way to get rid of it is, uninstall lockon, then use the removal tool, if you simply just use the removal tool without uninstalling lockon, then the very next time you start lockon to play it installs again.

There is no quick fix solution here, you either like it or you lump it and uninstall lockon along with SF. As far as i am aware that is the only solution atm. SF will be cracked but it isnt as of yet.

If steam can be cracked so can SF

Guest 3DFlyer

Oh I definitely uninstalled FC...there's no question about that. What remains is the damage those drivers caused, and by God it's gonna be fixed or there's going to be hell to pay.

I kid you not. That's doesn't even take into account the fact that I uninstalled those drivers, and then behind my back (without my knowledge) the game itself goes and installs them and causes damage to my system.

Yeah, if they want to put that crap in these games they can do it, but what they can't do install stuff without youyr knowedge, and cause damage to expensive systems. There are 4 arrays this computer uses. A raid 0 mirorred (0+1), and the other two separate arrays that are used for staorage that I plug up when needed.

Give up? That two words in sequence are not in my volcabulary, and even if they were I would definitely not give up on this one. This is a serious issue, and it's gonna be fixed, and it better be real quick.

Take a deep breath.

The game comes with SF - you know it comes with SF.

You thought you'd been clever & got around it but you didn't.

Nobody installed anything without giving you fair warning.

Someone who does as much research on the internet as you do should know that SF installs drivers on your machine - which is why they give you an uninstaller for when you take the game off your machine.

I'm also surprised that given how much bad publicity SF had for interfering with burning you didn't check for problems when you first installed FC or over the intervening months - You really hadn't tried to play anything in media player from when you installed FC till today?

Still:

Rather than having a big rant & making threats - which will get peoples backs up really quickly - start a thread asking if anybody can help you with your problems.

I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Cheers.

well, I am anti-starforce and only FC could have tempted me to install SF, but I have none of the issues you mentioned.

In fact I did have some issues crop up a few weeks back which I immediately blamed on Starforce. But neither updating to the latest version, nor uninstalling the SF stuff solved the issue. In the end I fell back to a checkpoint (with and continued WITH the SF drivers in place and have had no trouble since).

So I think a lot of the issues attributed to starforce may actually be non-SF issues.

3dFlyer, why should anyone contact you for any reason after posting threats of legal action?

If you're serious, read the EULA, hire a lawyer ($$$), have the lawyer explain the EULA to you and then take your ramblings somewhere else.

If you know as much as you say you do, why don't you have backups of your "years of priceless, irreplacable data" ? Hard drives crash every day, systems fail for multitudes of reasons and RAID 0 isn't the way to safely store data. It is clear you're not serious about safely storing your data.

Therefore your credibility is about nil.

Shouldn't your ire be directed at SF? If it interfering with your system, tell them. Perhaps they will fix it - at least they have the ability to change SF. ED can't do anything about how SF works. They're rightfully trying to protect their intellectual property. Look at how many flight sims are around right now and you should see that harrassing ED isn't going to make that better.

Anyways, I'm tired of seeing you hijack other threads in this forum with your SF whining. Take it somewhere else.

You are unhappy with SF. We got it. Move on.

If i find out that this virus of a program has done any damage to this system or has hosed up my reg, I will look into taking legal action about it. This computer is not only a gaming rig, it is also a work machine, and has years worth of irreplaceable, and priceless data stored on it.

Then you were ill-advised mixing business with pleasure weren't you? I don't know of any company that wants to maintain data integrity that lets it's employees install games on critical machines.

I'm also surprised that you're having so much difficulty, both with SF, and with the fact that it's there. ED said months ago it was there, and that it would install every time FC ran if it needed to, so why so surprised now?

Guest 3DFlyer

People thw damned data is backed up, that's why there is a 0+1...one of the array's is mirrored. The other ones were ONLY for storage.

The reason ED better contact me ASAP about this and get it straightened out, is because if they don't I will seek legal actioon.

I don't care what you folks say. That program DID load these drivers without my knowelege. It was only AFTER I was talking with folks on here that I found out the program RE-installs them without my knoweledge. Yes, I was aware they installed them, that's why I removed them becasue I didn;t want the damned virus on my system. After I removed them, it goes behind my back and installs them anyway...they do not warn you about that, and that is what we're gonna have issues with if this isn't fixed by Monday.

I'm am deadly serious. I don't need a bunch of BS arguing about these facts.

If they hadn't imbedded malware in a program, and had it re-install itself after people had removed it, they wouldn't be in this mess, and neither would I.

By God, they better send me a reply, that lists the speciffic locations of every single one of those files associated with this malware so they can be manually removed or as God as my witness there will be hell to pay!

People thw damned data is backed up, that's why there is a 0+1...one of the array's is mirrored. The other ones were ONLY for storage.

The reason ED better contact me ASAP about this and get it straightened out, is because if they don't I will seek legal actioon.

I don't care what you folks say. That program DID load these drivers without my knowelege. It was only AFTER I was talking with folks on here that I found out the program RE-installs them without my knoweledge. Yes, I was aware they installed them, that's why I removed them becasue I didn;t want the damned virus on my system. After I removed them, it goes behind my back and installs them anyway...they do not warn you about that, and that is what we're gonna have issues with if this isn't fixed by Monday.

I'm am deadly serious. I don't need a bunch of BS arguing about these facts.

If they hadn't imbedded malware in a program, and had it re-install itself after people had removed it, they wouldn't be in this mess, and neither would I.

By God, they better send me a reply, that lists the speciffic locations of every single one of those files associated with this malware so they can be manually removed or as God as my witness there will be hell to pay!

Well first I want to thank the people who pointed me to the fact that removing the disc will stop SF checking the disc. Secondly OCing a system beyond its selling specs is....... well funny for a tweaker. If you have important data stored on a system YOU DO NOT MESS WITH IT!! YOU DO NOT PLAY GAMES ON IT!! YOU WILL WANT TO HAVE MAXIMUM STABILITY!! If you do not understand this please step away from the computer!

Guest 3DFlyer
Well first I want to thank the people who pointed me to the fact that removing the disc will stop SF checking the disc. Secondly OCing a system beyond its selling specs is....... well funny for a tweaker. If you have important data stored on a system YOU DO NOT MESS WITH IT!! YOU DO NOT PLAY GAMES ON IT!! YOU WILL WANT TO HAVE MAXIMUM STABILITY!! If you do not understand this please step away from the computer!

ummm, here we go again. That is a fact, and that is why this system has been tested for maximum stability. It is 100% Prime95 Stable for over 20 hours+ and has been tested with every benchmark program, burn in program, known to man. There is literally a folder on this machine for those programs. This machine is tested weekly. The arrays are backed up, and the mirrors are not even plugged into SATA ports, so how much more stable, and protected can you get than that? 4 arrays? 2 that are independent and not even pluggd into the system? That's as stable as it gets.

The games are on another RAID array that is only used for home use. You must thing people are idiots or something. Don't you think I already know all that stuff you just spouted off? People that OC Computers and do it right have no stability issues. People that OC machines, and mod high dollar gaming rigs with a soldering iron probably have a pretty good handle on how computers work dontcha think?

The data is still there, and the arrays are fine. I just have to get that viral sting of files they call STarForce off of my system completely, and not with some damn removal tool. I'm going to mnaually remove them so i know they have been removed.

The clock is still ticking, and come Sunday night, I better have received the names of ALL of those files and where they are residing on my personal array, or come Monday morning I'm making an appointment withy my lawyer, anf that ain't no threat.

Reagrdless of the tangeants people wanna try to steer this in, the fact remains that malware was loaded onto my computer without my knowledge and I want it off. I has caused conflicts on this system, ad has caused multimedia to come to a screeching hault. That software has damaged my system, and it's a result of the Simulator they are selling loading those damned drivers on my system after I had removed them for a reason.

Yes, I knew about the bugs, and the virus like activity associated with SF. That's why I removed it, and I expected it to stay that way. I didn't remove it so some damned game could go behind my back and load it right back. If i would've known it was going to do that, I would have never bought it. Why did they cover up the fact that the game was loading the virus after the fact, by trying to fool people with a Removal Tool that doesn't even work?

Well thanks for taking over the thread. As for getting what you want. :tongue:

Its never ever ever going to happen. Why? Read before you click I agree. ED is based in russia, and if their legal system works the same way as were I live, the courts will laugh and laugh and laugh etc etc. Sorry to hear you have problems, but you abused your vital IT system, if one of my customers did the same thing to their Health Care IT systems then they would be in trouble.

Guest 3DFlyer
Well thanks for taking over the thread. As for getting what you want. :tongue:

Its never ever ever going to happen. Why? Read before you click I agree. ED is based in russia, and if their legal system works the same way as were I live, the courts will laugh and laugh and laugh etc etc. Sorry to hear you have problems, but you abused your vital IT system, if one of my customers did the same thing to their Health Care IT systems then they would be in trouble.

Yesir, I clicked agree, and unlike you obviously, I read it. It said nothing about loading hidden malware, and regardless of what any EULA has in it, it does not put a company above the law. EULA's do not give them the right to load anything without your permission, nor do they allow a program to load hidden malware on your system.

This computer is not an IT machine. It is a home based buisness machine, and it is a gmaing machine, it is both, and both are separate at the same time. By loading the malware on my gaming and personal drive, it has taken over administrative priveleges and blocked the ability of the OS to recognize the other arrays, it has also caused the DVD Burner to become a 80-90's era CDROM. it no longer burns anything, and even the CD read speed has been reduced to 1/2 speed.

The fact is, I agreed to no such thing. As I have stated many times. The software loaded malware WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. No court system will be laughin about a company who has marketed a product with hidden destructive malware embedded in it. There's not a damned thing amusing about that at all.

It's also a fact they are further hiding that fact by duping people with a Removal Tool that doesn't even work. The reason I want this stuff off my system is for the reasons stated above. That's why I removed it in the first place. I didn't remove it for ****s and giggles.

It's very simple, they embedded the files in the software, so it should be an easy task to tell one where they are located so they can remove them. They can either do that, or i can take this issue to somebody who will order them to do it, and then they can pay for the damages, and fees on top of that.

The choice is theirs.

"Yesir, I clicked agree, and unlike you obviously, I read it"

Wrong I did read it and here is the funny part, they do not have to state the fact that the program is protected. Period, the end. I have the same game as you have and I burned 2 DVD's this morning without any problems. I have Alcohol 120% and Nero installed. Here are the specs of my gaming/internet/abuse machine; AMD 2700 XP, 1,5 GB memory, Nvidia 5700 ultra, 120 GB HDD, Audigy 2, Benq 1640 DVD burner, unkown DVD-ROM player. Its sucks having problems but this ranting will not solve the problem.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

please lock this thread as i think we have had enough of starforce threads for the last 8 months...

3dflyer, if you have uninstalled the game and used the removal tool then STARFORCE IS REMOVED FROM YOUR PC...

If you keep the game in then starforce will always be there. its not that hard to understand is it ?

Also could it not be with all your ****ing about trying to crack the game that you have infact messed up your pc ? by messing with reg entries etc, trying to be leet and trying to be able to play lockon without SF being installed at the same time ? cuz none of my raid arrays,cd/dvd drives have did what you claim sf has did to yours.

Guest 3DFlyer

Oh no! I tried their rem oval tool once before, and found out I had been lied to. Do you think for a minute I am going to trust them.

Are you trying to tell me I'm trying to crack something I already own? I'm no cracker/hacker, and I don't appreciate being accused of being one.

The Game has already been removed from the system. It was removed lastnight. The problems still remain. I want these damned files off my system.

I could care less what people think about whether I am cracking. That's presposterous! I have a receipt, and a serial number matched to my name, and i also have it copied to a word doc just like the instructions said to do on the website.

I can tell you all about hacking. Their god damned game hacked up my reg, and now half of my system is useless. I might as well have a 200 dollar word box sitting here.

Just as another issue have just found. These drivers are also causing my CHCtrl Manager to freeze, and use 49% of my CPU up. I just found that issue a couple hours ago. I was using the stick flying the Extra in MS FS. The multimedia issues are still there, and they are the exact same symptoms as reported all over the Internet as a result of this malware infecting their system.

If I wanted to crack a program do you seriosuly belive I would be on their forum? I have serious hardware and sioftware issues here that need to be fixed before Monday morning. If i have to wait until the work week strarts, I guess that means they acknowledge the issue, but just don't care. They've already acknowledged that the program DOES infact load these drivers after the user has removed them.

All I'm asking is that they rectify the mistake. If they don't then they are going to force me to take action. I don't want to have to do that, but I will if my hand is forced on the matter.

ED if tyou do not want a class action lawsuit on your hands i highly suggest you contact me ASAP. I have already contacted other's online that are having these same issues, and they have told me that motions can be filed to include any other company involved with these things. I will give you until 11:59PM EST to contact me, and then I'll consider that inaction on your part to recitfy the damage you program caused to my system.

To Raploc, I am not "ranting", I am being as deadly serious as a heart attack. If you doubt this, PM me and I will send you some of the information I have already gathered, and will put you in touch with other groups and individuals that are taking the same action.

This is not a game. Hacking someone's system is a very serious offense. Some people seem to think this is some kind of laughing matter, or is to be laughed off. I'M NOT LAUGHING, and I DON'T FIND A DAMNED THING ABOUT IT FUNNY AT ALL! In Fact, I'm still very much PISSED!

I take attacks very serious. Malware, Virii, Trojans and the like are for the for the scum of the earth. The people spreading this $#!^ are no different than the crackers and the hackers trying to steal their stuff. It's all trash, and that's why there are laws against it.

I take attacks very serious. Malware, Virii, Trojans and the like are for the for the scum of the earth. The people spreading this $#!^ are no different than the crackers and the hackers trying to steal their stuff. It's all trash, and that's why there are laws against it.

Where's your proof that StarForce is Malware/Trojan/Virus??

Your lengthy "research" should have concrete results that you can show us and convice us you are right, should it not? Show us your research results or stop doing a "Chicken Little".

See my reply to your previous comments about SF being Malware/Trojan/Virus.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=11236&page=3