Buying FC, download or not?

Well, if I had seen this sooner I would have given the thumbs up for the CD version which I got from Naturalpoint. Dont really feel comfortable with a download and prefer the CD in my hand in case something goes wrong, but I am glad the download version works for you. :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Glad we could help. :P

heh, he even said he was glad of your help :D, i forgot to ask you, which thread did you actually help him with his decision ::rolleyes: :p

heh, he even said he was glad of your help :D, i forgot to ask you, which thread did you actually help him with his decision ::rolleyes: :p
Don't dig too deep into this now :P

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Should I get the disc version or the download version?

IMHO, get the CD. definitely. You can play it whenever you want, wherever you want. No activation hassle. The biggest drawback with activation is "what happens if the company who sends the activation numbers shuts down?"

Instead the biggest drawback for the CD version is "what happens if I lose or damage the CD"? (since starforce can't be cloned yet)

One of these conditions (CD version) depends on you, the other (download) depends on others. I prefer to rely on myself.

Furthermore I bought the CD version from Naturalpoint, and I had a great service at a very small price. An original printed CD with DVD case and printed cover.

cheers

I bought the dl v. when it first came out and I have no prob's what so-ever

with starforce or any other kind of problems..I burnt the installer and reg save utillity to disc to keep them safe.

I'm sure that when u make hardware change's ur supposed to re-activate starforce,I recently upgraded my CPU but never had to re-activate :)

So all in all I've been "very satisfied" with FC :icon_jook

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

IMHO, get the CD. definitely. You can play it whenever you want, wherever you want. No activation hassle. The biggest drawback with activation is "what happens if the company who sends the activation numbers shuts down?"

When it happens 1.1 will be history.

There will be totally new title from ED.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I bought the dl v. when it first came out and I have no prob's what so-ever

with starforce or any other kind of problems..I burnt the installer and reg save utillity to disc to keep them safe.

I'm sure that when u make hardware change's ur supposed to re-activate starforce,I recently upgraded my CPU but never had to re-activate :)

So all in all I've been "very satisfied" with FC :icon_jook

I'm having problems burning the installer... is there some kind of protection?

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I'm having problems burning the installer... is there some kind of protection?

If I remember,I upgraded my cd/rw rom so maybey that's why I didn't have any prob's with burning my installer? ;)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)