multiplayer 1.11 quit bug

Vati

Happened twice w/ 1.11... when server quits, client cannot quit. Client gets very strange deformation of cockpit, which ends with that the client stays in same mission which was just flown, yet the time changes from day to night.

Pressing on quit button does not help... each time the quit button is pressed, the last info message is displayed.

Only if the server quits first?

No such bug if client quits before server?

May you post here a mission from server and the sequence of events in MP game before this bug?

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

Han,

Yes, it had happened only when server quit first.

The sequence is as follows:

- 2 players (host and 1 client), 256/128 connection, default ports

- Su25 is selected

- After all vehicles are destroyed, we fly a bit more in the aera, and then host ends mission (we had used 'replane' few times. Both host and client).

- Client starts to get distorted cockpit like it is shown in screenshot 003 to 005. Cockpit then finally vanishes and client was them moving high speed (unknown direction) on the ground w/o any plane as shown on 005.jpg. Other objects were ok, yet day turned to night as shown on 009.jpg.

- Client was unable to disconnect.

- Host had re-entered the MP and tried to kick client, which resulted that instead of kick client received "matrix" screen.

- Client could exit Lockon only by going to taskbar and shut Lockon down.

Hope this helps.

quick AG MP.rar

ScreenShot_003.jpg.f14f6d14b0481d2b0b27265d627893f3.jpg

ScreenShot_005.jpg.daef94883d52bb81517d8ab445e50d71.jpg

ScreenShot_006.jpg.e77277a0d88eb98a3d9082f167746f3b.jpg

ScreenShot_009.jpg.62a7661bcee43ae2df2271b8d6c7060c.jpg

Han,

Yes, it had happened only when server quit first.

The sequence is as follows:

- 2 players (host and 1 client), 256/128 connection, default ports

- Su25 is selected

- After all vehicles are destroyed, we fly a bit more in the aera, and then host ends mission (we had used 'replane' few times. Both host and client).

- Client starts to get distorted cockpit like it is shown in screenshot 003 to 005. Cockpit then finally vanishes and client was them moving high speed (unknown direction) on the ground w/o any plane as shown on 005.jpg. Other objects were ok, yet day turned to night as shown on 009.jpg.

- Client was unable to disconnect.

- Host had re-entered the MP and tried to kick client, which resulted that instead of kick client received "matrix" screen.

- Client could exit Lockon only by going to taskbar and shut Lockon down.

Hope this helps.

Exelent report, thank you very much, we'll start our investigations in monday.

Thanks again.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

I have also had this problem twice in single player while flying a very simple su-25 test mission.

I was attempting to record a track of it when I pressed escape the screen went completely black then changed to night. Only way to quit from mission was to end lock-on via Ctrl-Alt-Del. I include screenshots and the mission in question.

Mission was created after patch was installed over a clean install.

I have also had this problem twice in single player while flying a very simple su-25 test mission.

I was attempting to record a track of it when I pressed escape the screen went completely black then changed to night. Only way to quit from mission was to end lock-on via Ctrl-Alt-Del. I include screenshots and the mission in question.

Mission was created after patch was installed over a clean install.

Good report and I'm hope it'll be helpfull.

Great thanks!

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

I have a slightly different form of a quitting bug (pre-1.11) but this one has to be related to server setup. When I click on exit button after checking the mission log, it freezes and I have to ctl-alt-del to get back to HL. The only server (just about) that is an exception to this is VVS504. Never had any problems on that server.

2 Gripes:

This happens offen? Have you see such problem before 1.11 release?

Yes, it started about 3-4 months ago. Nothing changed on my computer.

Well, I have a different router (ports forwarded).

Quitting a single player session has never been a problem. In MP - only VVS504 "let`s me out" easy. On most others I have to close lockon.exe

manually. Not a big problem, got used to it already:)