MSFFB2 feedback not working after one mission

Huckle

Reinstalled BS2 a week ago, and I've noticed that the force feedback is now becoming unreliable - it will work for one or two missions, and then just stop as soon as a new mission is loaded.

Has anyone else had this problem with MSFFB2? I've tried two of them, same issue.

Hi,

are you alt-tabbing out often and/or having the sim windowed and jump between the sim and desktop?

If yes: Just try to keep it to a minimum, so the dirextX FFB plug-in will not lost focus to your controller.

I have also a MSFFB2 in use and having it happen very rarely after I alt-tab out.

Edited by PeterP

Cheers, no I'm not running windowed, and wouldn't normally alt-tab out.

I think the Windows install is corrupted, it's a restored image file and I've remembered it gave an indecipherable controller-related error message when I restored it.

I'm trying another image file with RoF on it, stick is working fine, so will need to do a fresh install of Win and BS at some point - a new patch has just come out, so timely.

• 8 months later...

Bump! I realize this is an old thread, but I also have this problem with my MSFFB2. It seems to have something to do with the way missions are loading in a new window. I also loose my FFB if I alt-tab out to windows.