Cobra helicopter combat video

Perry

A friend of mine sent me a nice torrent link to a video from a cobra helicopter during combat operations in Iraq (the first part of the war).

The video is a big file (+500Mb) : http://static.thepiratebay.org/downloadtorrent/3400119.torrent/Cobra_Gun_Camera_Footage_From_Iraq.3400119.TPB.torrent

Bitorrent application is needed to download.

You can preview the footage here : http://mariyaguchi.com/cgi-bin/up/source/up1687.jpg

I heard Eagle Dynamics may do cobra simulator in the future, maybe they can have informations from this video.;)

• ED Team

Could anybody provide eMule or www link on the movie? Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team

Done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Any vid's about fighters in actual combat?

I have most of patrick's vid's (about 10 GIG's) but the only thing missing in my collection is actual combat.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

...thats what you see in any war documentary. What I want to see is how real pilots actualy do it, Im not in favour to any explicit blood show.

My PC specs below:

But you don't have to like it.

Dude...for your information Im against arms proliferation among civilians and had heated discussions before about possecion and endorsement of guns, and making it a hoby.

Just because I want to see a combat filmed on HUD doesnt mean Im blood thirsty. AA combat usualy isnt about killing the pilot wich most of times gets away. You dont see fighters turn around to kill the pilot under the chute.

And for your informtion as well I didnt download the helicopter vid, and another Vid I had wich was a bit too morbid for my taste has been deleted from the HD. Not that its your damn business but I dont like to be steriotyped as a guns manic wen I'm actualy against it.

My PC specs below:

Any vid's about fighters in actual combat?

I have most of patrick's vid's (about 10 GIG's) but the only thing missing in my collection is actual combat.

No video, but I have an mp3 of 2 f14s vs 2 MiG (21s?) over libya. Its awesome because you hear all the radio from the US side and you can really feel the tension. (BTW both Libyans ejected). I will try to find where I got it from...

Dude...for your information Im against arms proliferation among civilians and had heated discussions before about possecion and endorsement of guns, and making it a hoby.

Just because I want to see a combat filmed on HUD doesnt mean Im blood thirsty. AA combat usualy isnt about killing the pilot wich most of times gets away. You dont see fighters turn around to kill the pilot under the chute.

Of course not. That never happend :icon_roll

And for your informtion as well I didnt download the helicopter vid, and another Vid I had wich was a bit too morbid for my taste has been deleted from the HD. Not that its your damn business but I dont like to be steriotyped as a guns manic wen I'm actualy against it.
Chill, I never acused you man.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

No video, but I have an mp3 of 2 f14s vs 2 MiG (21s?) over libya. Its awesome because you hear all the radio from the US side and you can really feel the tension. (BTW both Libyans ejected). I will try to find where I got it from...

Found a link to it, mp3 or wav.

http://www.qsl.net/ka8vit/sd/SHOOTDN2.wav

http://www.qsl.net/ka8vit/sd/SHOOTDN2.MP3

transcript

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=45232

cool video dude, even tho it did take me like 7 days to dload it due to crap seeds, but cool vid none the less.

True, the speeds were better during the 1st days of the release, but most people practice 'hit and run' on torrents and won't seed for the rest of the people waiting to complete their dowwnload, that's a shame.

I am not a gun maniac myself but that vid is good if you want to learn stuffs (amaments, types of objectives, way of operations, teamwork) on the Cobra and see this deadly machine in action. Althought you see the gunner strafing enemy infantry during a few seconds, the vid is not gruesome. I did feel bad for the soldiers in the armored vehicles destroyed throughout the video though.

It's some seriously disturbed person that made that video... he actually added some "cool" music to make the killing cool

military personels like to glorify their kills...i can understand that, they are making a difficult job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are the things that 'shocked' you the most during the video ?

For me it was to see how the enemy armored vehicles had nowhere to hide from the cobra : if they were hidden under bridges, they were destroyed easily with TOW missiles.

It was also interesting to see the Cobras destroying the SAMs sites with hellfires. The Cobras were probably creating a safe flight path for the american aircrafts.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

half of the armoured vehicles if not them all were probably abandoned or hastily camo'd and were empty, I dont think that the majority were being used. there is the odd one or 2 clips that you can see people next to the veehickles just before BOOMTIME, but that is the exception in my opinion.

Has anyone paid attention to the accuracy of the Hydra missiles? and took a look at lomac afterwards?

Let the whining begin, oh wait, since there is no video of the russian ffar, we'll forget this, yes, otherwise the a10 will be at a disadvantage.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Has anyone paid attention to the accuracy of the Hydra missiles? and took a look at lomac afterwards?

Let the whining begin, oh wait, since there is no video of the russian ffar, we'll forget this, yes, otherwise the a10 will be at a disadvantage.

Umm, what on earth is a Hydra missile? :rolleyes:

There is a Hydra rocket, but those *aren't* guided.

sigzk5.jpg

Yes that's right, the rockets seemed to be inacurrate. But don't mistake the gunner sight in the camera with the (iron?)sight for the rocket. I believe the gunner or pilot has another independant aiming device for the rockets.

The sight in the camera seems to be use for the cannon (inacurrate), TOW (very good precision), and the hellfire (good precision although one of them didn't hit his intended target).

Umm, what on earth is a Hydra missile? :rolleyes:

There is a Hydra rocket, but those *aren't* guided.

It's actually only when talking about modern weapons that missile = guided.

The word itself doesn't really say whether the weapon is guided or not, it's just that missile has become synonymousto guided for some reason.

I actually prefer the swedish word for guided missiles, robot, which actually means a machine that acts like if it were intelligent.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5