Cobra helicopter combat video

Perry

if you pay attention, you can actually see that the rockets (a missile has a rocket too btw) themselves have different trajectories when launched (unless the Cobra can yaw in 1/10 of a second), this confirms the assumption rockets are just like guns, just that they do *bang*, and thus have a bigger damage radius, but accuracy is not really evident (maybe if the launch speed is higher).

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Rockets are not very accurate, thats why they are usually launched in vollies. They are even effected by wind just like bullets. But some rockets can be accurate, take the Russian S-25 rockets for example. I'm not exactly sure how the accuracy is achieved but I belive it has something to do with the rocket spinning like a bullet as it leaves the chamber and the pop out tail fins which are larger than the little ones on a Hydra.

the TOW missiles flight reminds me of the vikhr missiles. They have a nice spiral to them.

I personally would have liked to see more personel targeting, and I don't think I have any mental problems. :)

It is always funny to me when people get upset over the realities of war on sites relating to war and combat. It's not like we are on http://www.Oprah.com

(not a flame)

is this ok?

It's some seriously disturbed person that made that video... he actually added some "cool" music to make the killing cool :icon_oak:

100% agree with you. It's a dramatic document. It may have a technical POV, but in the end it's just about war and killing people... real things.

it doesn't need music, it will NEVER be cool such a video.

...thats why it is called "TOW" ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
is there someone hosting this movie?

i tried, but after 3 and a half - 4 hours of upload for it to crash, i decided to call my isp and give them abuse instead. well i should of called yousendit.com instead but my isp was the closest i could get. :D

the TOW missiles flight reminds me of the vikhr missiles. They have a nice spiral to them.

I personally would have liked to see more personel targeting, and I don't think I have any mental problems. :)

It is always funny to me when people get upset over the realities of war on sites relating to war and combat. It's not like we are on http://www.Oprah.com or Earthday.net

(not a flame)

In Lomac you "kill" pixels blinking on a screen and a video about that may be cool, on that video there were some real people killed, and that's definitely not cool.

And, even from the technical POV, original audio is much more interesting than music.

I don't get upset, but I really can't see a reason why someone should like real war. Real war is all about killing, murdering, slaughtering. And with todays deadly weapons there is much more overkill than in the past. A lot of people who survived a war, don't survive the psychological repercussions caused by war. Do you find anything cool about that?

[url]http://d.turboupload.com/d/115598/cobra.zip.html[/url]

I havent watched this one, but I believe its the same 13+ mins of 
footage at a lower res and w/o the music.

...for those that couldnt get the torrent file. :)

I never said the actual audio of the pilot/co-pilot would be a 1000x's better than some buttrock, and I never said that war is cool.

I think I read somewhere that advancements in precision and "smart" weapons has reduced colateral damage and the need to "carpet bomb" the enemy area, but I might be wrong.

I agree that war is bloody and gruesome, especially to those showing up as pixels on the cobra's targeting screen.

• Like 1

is this ok?

Right, can anyone help me identify ALL the weapons used in this video?

The scenes with the cannon, rockets and TOWs are all obvious (although it is funny how slow the TOW is!). However, there are other scenes where the chooper appears to be lasing the target from great range, and then a very fast projectile impacts the target from directly above it (i.e. enters the camera shot vertically).

There are at least 2 different weapons that act like this, one creates a large earth-moving explosion, the other creates a smaller impact.

I'm guessing the larger one is an LGB dropped by another aircraft, but what could the smaller projectiles be? Laser-guided mortar rounds, or something weird like that?

I'll look at the video again tonight and see if I can give the exact location of each relevant scene (I don't have it on my computer at work).

Oh yeah, and if the tracker's still up, I'll try seeding it for people who don't have it yet :-)

look in the upper right corner of the targeting screen and you can see the type of weapon designated.

Gun=Gun

Tow=Wire guided missile (spirals into target)

HF=Hellfire missile (more loft profile and drops down on the target)

(The unguided rockets don't display as I believe they are fired by the pilot)

There are some wierd things that happen in the video and I suspect that the cobras we are viewing just observed some of the impacts or possibly designated them for another A/C?

Notice the TTH (time to hit?) countdown timer in the upper left of the screen is not in sync with the impact on all shots.

Does anyone know how many different display screens the gunner has available and what the differences are? It seems to me like he has 4-5 types

is this ok?

• ED Team
Right, can anyone help me identify ALL the weapons used in this video?

The scenes with the cannon, rockets and TOWs are all obvious (although it is funny how slow the TOW is!). However, there are other scenes where the chooper appears to be lasing the target from great range, and then a very fast projectile impacts the target from directly above it (i.e. enters the camera shot vertically).

There are at least 2 different weapons that act like this, one creates a large earth-moving explosion, the other creates a smaller impact.

I'm guessing the larger one is an LGB dropped by another aircraft, but what could the smaller projectiles be? Laser-guided mortar rounds, or something weird like that?

I'll look at the video again tonight and see if I can give the exact location of each relevant scene (I don't have it on my computer at work).

Oh yeah, and if the tracker's still up, I'll try seeding it for people who don't have it yet :-)

I think its Buddy Lasing for some GBU`s :)

I think its Buddy Lasing for some GBU`s :)

For some of the small things coming in from the upper left/right the weapons display says HF, so I guess that is Hellfires (I didn't think Cobras carried Hellfires, but there you go ...)

At 10:35 the whole building being viewed erupts ... yet the weapon being displayed is gun. So I definitely think the Cobra is lasing the target.

Might be a Copperhead: Laser-Guided 155mm Howitzer Projectiles, Fire by the M-109 SPH

No, you dont. I dont have any problem with rammstein. I dont think it's right to spice up the video about killing real people with some mainstream 'cool' hardrock theme...

Sorry, I was trolling ...

Although you're right, Ride of the Valkyries a la Apocalypse Now would be SO much better ...