Classified - Devs please Read

Ice

One feature that was REAL HANDY was being able to classify a mission. Main reason was so people wouldn't load up 8 x AIM120's all the time and made a game of it by having to use weapons like AIM7's or AIM9's. Or if you wanted a mission with limited weapons like guns or heaters only. Noobs or asshats couldnt change the load and ruin the game for everyone else. We only need to think back to remember what a nightmare that was. Well unfortunatley with the new patch this feature has been removed. Classified missions will now once again allow you to change to any load.

Another reason that classified missions were good was it stopped players from using modded loads and aircraft like the AIM54 on SU33's or 27AE's. It looks like these problems will arise once again :-(

The other disappointment with classifying is that it's still possible to declassify any mission even if you dont know the original password. I don't know how many times this problem has been pointed out to the devs but no one wants to do anything about it!?!? Crazy imo.

Both problems seem like very simple 5 minute jobs that would make a huge difference to quality of gameplay for the online community.

I agree, especialy when u have spent a hour + making a complex mission then classify it so no-one can steal it..kind of copyright :)

ED,

any ideas why it's not in there (I havn't checked personally yet but will do so)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

This is a tough one... Everybody who played the default Su-25T campaign complained (with some justification) that it sent them against active ground defenses in the first mission armed with only unguided weapons, and no way to change that, or proceed to the next mission. It's another case of conflict between multi-player vs. single player needs.

I abstain, and hereby flee in terror from this thread... ;)

-SK

I abstain, and hereby flee in terror from this thread... ;)

-SK

lol stay right where u are...:)

But seriously if ur hosting the server,pilots fly by the server rule's

i.e if the server's want's to classify there campaign's surely it's there choice? :icon_conf

One feature that was REAL HANDY was being able to classify a mission. Main reason was so people wouldn't load up 8 x AIM120's all the time and made a game of it by having to use weapons like AIM7's or AIM9's. Or if you wanted a mission with limited weapons like guns or heaters only. Noobs or asshats couldnt change the load and ruin the game for everyone else. We only need to think back to remember what a nightmare that was. Well unfortunatley with the new patch this feature has been removed. Classified missions will now once again allow you to change to any load.

Another reason that classified missions were good was it stopped players from using modded loads and aircraft like the AIM54 on SU33's or 27AE's. It looks like these problems will arise once again :-(

The other disappointment with classifying is that it's still possible to declassify any mission even if you dont know the original password. I don't know how many times this problem has been pointed out to the devs but no one wants to do anything about it!?!? Crazy imo.

Both problems seem like very simple 5 minute jobs that would make a huge difference to quality of gameplay for the online community.

Wondering why anybody has to classify a mission at all ?!

If you meet people who like to cheat with mods, then just turn your back on them...

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Thankyou golfsierra for your invaluable input.

You really mean that...? ;-)

Ok, I'm serious here. If you find somebody shootin you down in Hyperlobby or somewhere else 20 times in a row, just don't play with them anymore.

If somebody wants to cheat, there will always be a crack or mod to allow him. You can't prevent that, only select your counterparts carfully.

Just my 2 cents (Euro-Cents)

kind regards,

Raven....

One mission v the online community when the mission could be edited by ED and rereleased in patch ??

What do you mean one mission? There was not a single mission for which the player could change his own payload. Is this normal in any other sim?

But seriously if ur hosting the server,pilots fly by the server rule's

i.e if the server's want's to classify there campaign's surely it's there choice?

Maybe you don't understand, classifying is still supported. Hiding enemy units, preventing edits, etc. What has been changed is that the classification no longer extends to the player's own payload.

-SK

Anyone can edit the mission thats been classified.

Its very simple. Instead of clicking on the "classify" mission option which is greyed out use the hot key combination "CTRL-SHF-C" then add your own password. Or better still make the password blank. Save the mission re-open it. Voila! Unclassified mission or classified mission with the password you assigned.

So the single player could still do this even if we go back to 1.1 in the campaign.

So it seems to me that no problem is solved. No ones the happier. Only one BIG problem for online mission makers and Those that spend alot of time and money trying to host quality online sessions.

Also not tested in 1.11 but in 1.02 anyone with an F16 Mod (Mig29 with US Fuel tank and missiles) could join a server take off, dump fuel tank and instantly crash the server. Classifying loads fixed this problem. Easy to say who would do that? But believe me it happened.

What do you mean one mission? There was not a single mission for which the player could change his own payload. Is this normal in any other sim?

Maybe you don't understand, classifying is still supported. Hiding enemy units, preventing edits, etc. What has been changed is that the classification no longer extends to the player's own payload.

-SK

Sry my mistake :icon_redf

I think LOMAC needs more fine-grained permissions with classification ... ie. classify hidden stuff plus classify payloads (or not - ie. this should be a choice) ... at the same time, fix the declass bug.

Also the meinit should always be forced on the client.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Effectively now we have a situation where You CANNOT CHEAT against YOURSELF in a campaign. But you CAN CHEAT against OTHERS in the online community.

But you can still cheat against yourself if you use the hotkey to declassify the mission.

But you CAN CHEAT against OTHERS in the online community.

So what? I remember the cheating back in the F/A-18 days when one could fire bullets

with the damage/impact of missiles and i can remember the early days of Lomac

when pilots loaded Aim-54's or joined a server on a second connection to spoil

the game to their advantage.

Maybe ED can start to fix the warping I'll see when i fire a missile at a bandit ...

So what? I remember the cheating back in the F/A-18 days when one could fire bullets

with the damage/impact of missiles and i can remember the early days of Lomac

when pilots loaded Aim-54's or joined a server on a second connection to spoil

the game to their advantage.

Maybe ED can start to fix the warping I'll see when i fire a missile at a bandit ...

I also remember what happened to janes F18 online. Do you?

Guest ThomasDWeiss
Effectively now we have a situation where You CANNOT CHEAT against YOURSELF in a campaign. But you CAN CHEAT against OTHERS in the online community.

But you can still cheat against yourself if you use the hotkey to declassify the mission.

The reason I classify my missions is very simple - one wrong click or changing a flight waypoint and the mission goes awry.

I agree that de-classifying a missions is cheating against yourself, a well designed mission should be a test of skill and tactics. I always am very careful in balancing a mission (takes longer to do it than to make the mission itself) and place the player waypoints carefully so as to make it clear where to go to achieve the mission goal(s).

I have mixed feelings on this.

I like choosing my own payload on online servers, I rarely see locked payloads which I would have used for MiGs or a2g. That is not to say I want to cheat by loping illegal weapons on, or using a forbidden weapon.

They should make it impossible to lope online full stop, without necessarily using classification.

But then agiain it should be up to the author in the end if he wants to lock it :S....

Also, you should be able to declassify any offline mission without a password... I generally have to declassify community made missions for the following reasons:-

-I dont want labels on and they are on.

-I dont want the target triangle around a target.

-I want to change the goals so that every single one of my stupid AI wingmen do not have to survive for me to get a success.

-The waypoints/payloads of flights are porked.

-The mission has scenes on high and there is a lot of action.

-The camp/mission has loped payloads and I dont want that.

-The author decided to put turbulence in it and with my stick its just not comfortable for more than a minute without removing FF.

-The author decided to include gunpods or have strafing necessary to complete the misson, which sends my framerate down from its usual 20-25.

-I want to look at the hidden units so I can see what the author did to make a mission so good :)

I dont think I have ever played a community made campaign where I have not felt the need to change something.

So I declassify and sort them out and save them, without having to go to the trouble of hunting the author down and bothering them for the PW.

• Like 1

Sure i do ... the cheaters were exposed as cheaters and moved on - and reappeared

with the next new sim.

Leaving Janes' F18 abandoned. With next to no one flying it anymore. What a sad demise for such a great sim.

Do you remember the 'cheating posts' on ubi.com?

No.

Ok, I'm serious here. If you find somebody shootin you down in Hyperlobby or somewhere else 20 times in a row, just don't play with them anymore.

If somebody wants to cheat, there will always be a crack or mod to allow him. You can't prevent that, only select your counterparts carfully.

Just my 2 cents (Euro-Cents)

And what about when you pay $100US a month plus hardware to host a public server?

Out of curiosity, how does this work in multiplayer? The client's payload selection gets uploaded to the server?

Wouldn't it be better to disable THAT step, rather than preventing single players from choosing their payloads in classified missions?

-SK

Oh no ... not back to this again ... always get some idiot takes missiles on a gunzo server! Or 54s on a 27! Please don't say thats back ...

Although I have to say I always find it a tad irritating to have to fly with a mix AIM-7s/120s on the 15 ... I just fire the 7s off for HOJ ... just means more trips back to base (if I can find the base given the nav available in the 15 :( )

Is there a file we could change or edit to classify loadouts? Maybe copy a file from our 1.1 backup's & overwrite into 1.11 without screwing the game?

Nobody wants to take away from offline players & nobody has suggested doing so, & some MP missions are great with open loadouts. It would be nice if it was up to the mission writer or the server to decide if a mission needs a locked loadout.

In 1.02 you couldnt host a heaters mission without someone coming in with actives, It happened a lot & I for one dont like kicking people. Especially some new guy who just didnt read the mission name, brief or understand the loadouts screen.

There are some very skilled mission editors in this community that enjoy creating well balanced missions for many to enjoy. It would be great if there was an easy way to give them the ability to lock the payloads again, if they felt the mission needed it.

Is there a way of achieving this? A simple file exchange or edit would be ideal so as to give people a choice without taking anything away from anyone.

BTW I think ED & the Beta-testers team did a great job with 1.11.

<SALUTE>

And what about when you pay $100US a month plus hardware to host a public server?

Great if you are so enthusiastic to do so ! But on the other hand - as you can read from the recent posts in this thread, there will always be some guys cheating and there is nothing that you or I or ED can do against it - just live with it and kick simmers cheating from the lists, ban them and just stay calm.

It's pretty useless complaining about bad guys, just accept the fact that there is a certain percentage of idiots around us all.

Period.

kind regards,

Raven....