or player == "swingkid" or player == "goya" ) then
 BootPlayer( player );
elseif ( player == "jetfire" ) then
 LoadMissiles( aim54c );
end

Problem solved.

:)

sig36aa.jpg

In the meantime, as it's a bit tricky - Rather than a tutorial - anybody clever enough to knock up a little app that lets you edit the file quickly & easily?

Say reads the file, presents you with a list of all available weapons, checkbox which ones you want, tool deletes the ones not checked (or comments them out) on save it creates a new folder with the mission name & saves the file in there.

You could just about do it with Excel & a bit of vb.... but I know there's people out there who could do it a lot cleverer...

Cheers.

In the meantime, as it's a bit tricky - Rather than a tutorial - anybody clever enough to knock up a little app that lets you edit the file quickly & easily?

Say reads the file, presents you with a list of all available weapons, checkbox which ones you want, tool deletes the ones not checked (or comments them out)

Well in this part of your post you are describing Lock-On Payload Editor (LOPE).

So if the server LOPE's their MeInit & no-one cheats by declassifying the mission their side (which they could have done prior to the patch anyway), then the server can run guns only or heaters only or whatever (because as long as no-one declassifies the MeInit gets handed from the server to the clients...) yes?

That's a bit nicer than editing it by hand...

Cheers.

So, LOPE so no one else can...LOPE? What about the issues that arise from having different MEINITS across the playing field? This is a sanctioned fix?

Id rather have the occasional EA user than unreliable game play. At least that can be traced and corrected in 1 minute. Hopefully ED can give us some feedback on what will and wont work.

Maybe consider black balling Skypat who has cast these creative and well-intentioned tools upon us. I hear he has created a copy tool also. My god, justimagine the pure evil we are about to face. People will be running around trying out this, trying out that. They might even learn new things or *gasp* create more tools! No, I say death to them, they are not qualified to make decisions or share their creativity. They're all cheaters, or will be. Lock everything down. Cavity search, deep and hard.

The witch hunt grows in momentum

Just so I am clear on this, for example;

On our 169th Dedicated server, we wish to run guns only. We back up our MEinit.xml file. Then use LOPE to unselect all weapons for the planes that are being used.

What happens then if, I as a client, use LOPE to add weapons? Will I be able to use them?

Also, wont there still be the payloads available from the drop down list?