Future Updates to DCS World

I had a question about future updates to DCS World. In the past, DCS has always recommended doing an uninstall and reinstall of all their products when upgrading. My question with DCS World is, if I have a bunch of Modules plugged into DCS World (Ka-50, A-10C, P-51D, Combined Arms, etc.) won't it be a nightmare to have to reinstall EVERYTHING everytime an upgrade is released? DCS has given us patches before, but are they working on a better, more reliable patching method that they themselves are confident with?

Just looking ahead, since my plans are basically to collect DCS Modules. :thumbup:

486DX w/turbo button

The current updating procedure is not final, but more streamlined measures were not yet complete for this latest release. I don't have an ETA on when it will be more streamlined, but be assured ED is aware of this issue and wants to make it easier for you in the future - but as always, things take time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Got it, and I completely understand the 'takes time' thing. I was just wondering if it was being considered or if I was missing something.

Thanks. This forum is amazing. Questions answerd in 20 minutes!!

486DX w/turbo button

Thanks. This forum is amazing. Questions answerd in 20 minutes!!

Its pretty good isn't it :thumbup:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"