cant fly ka-50 in world

I just installed DCS World, I already have BS2 installed. in the bottom left of the homescreen you see all the airplanes you can apparently fly with in World, when I click on the Kamov it says i have to buy it, what am i doing wrong? :(

i7 2600K - GTX 590 - Z68Extreme4 - 8gb Gskill 1600 - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek Combat Pedals - TrackIR5

so i have to uninstall bs2 and then reinstall bs2 just for world to detect it? thats pretty stupid...

• Like 1

i7 2600K - GTX 590 - Z68Extreme4 - 8gb Gskill 1600 - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek Combat Pedals - TrackIR5

No, you don't have to uninstall anything.

You only need to install the Ka-50 module for World. Until you have done this, World does not have any clue that you have Ka-50, because your BS2 is a separate, stand-alone, install.

Think of it like this:

You have two programs currently installed. Program A, and Program B. Program A can, if you install a plugin, do the same thing as Program B does. Now obviously, this requires that you do install that plugin. ;)

There's nothing stupid about this. Black Shark 2 is from before the modular structure of World was created.

(That said, once you have the Ka-50 module installed into World, there's little reason to keep the standalone BS2 v1.1.1.1)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi guys regarding BS i have the blackshark 1,was BS 2 an addon?

I only ask this because ive installed bs to world and it keeps asking for my key which i have entered,only to be told its incorrect!!!

Thx

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Hi guys regarding BS i have the blackshark 1,was BS 2 an addon?

I only ask this because ive installed bs to world and it keeps asking for my key which i have entered,only to be told its incorrect!!!

Thx

Yes BS2 was a major upgrade to BS1 you can buy an upgrade key from BS1 to BS2 on the main site.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--