DCS:Soyuz

Tango

DCS:Soyuz  

82 members have voted

1. 1. DCS:Soyuz

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys did anyone ever checked out Orbiter ? Thats the best space simulator i have found yet. The atmospheric flight model is limited and so are the graphics and the capabilities of the included ships but is has realistic space physics. And it has 3D graphics. It has even support for TrackIR and FreeTrack (however, the good ships dont support it due to a 2D cockpit)!

And don't forget to install very many addons because it simply doesn't make sense to play Orbiter without them.

Download Orbiter

Look for Addons here:

DeltaGliderIV-2 and OrbiterSound and UCGO

All other Addons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Listen to Oznerol256. Orbiter is the way to go for space voyagers.

So having DCS working on space topics would be nothing else than waste of precious energy that could bring us way more benefit elsewhere. Keep it with vehicles, maps, AI, simulation gameplay, stuff...

Voted No.

Been using Orbiter for over 7 years, I love that sim and the numerous addons. Top favorites would have to be the Mercury and Gemini addons and AMSO (Apollo Mission Simulator Orbiter). I would spend hours with TLIs, transposition & docking, LOI, decent & landing, hours upon hours of moonwalks, ascent & rendezvous, etc.... Would love to see a detailed study-sim of Apollo (or Mercury or Gemini), my life would be complete.

Orbiter w/ AMSO addon. Click for full-res.

ygdZRl.jpg

Other favorite would have to be SSM2007, the "Falcon 4" of the space sims. Reentry, approaches and landings at Kennedy and Edwards are loads of fun with fully modeled systems.

Space Shuttle Mission 2007. Click for full-res.

B7RwUl.jpg

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

What does this have to do with Digital Combat Simulators?

Nothing, it's nice to dream though, and there are some people who like to do more than just blow crap up constantly. ;)

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

While the concept of space vehicles would be cool (I went to space camp when I was in high school) I'm not sure it's benifits in a combat simulator. Now if we got some Star Wars vehicles that Reagan was planning on that could use lasers to take out targets from space, then maybe.

But it begs the question - what is the theoritical upper altitude limit in DCS World?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Who said DCS in this context meant "Digital Combat Simulator"?

Could mean:

* Digital Command Simulator

* Digital Capsule Simulator

* Digital Cosmonaut Simulator

* Digital Communications Satellite (in the case of DCS:Voyager :D :D )

;)

Best regards,

Tango.

A global map? It's taking ED forever to model only Nevada. Besides that, it needs much more than a global map. There are some other planets and moons out there. You also need something to lay your terrain around. I dont know whether the design of DCS would support a vehicle in orbit seeing the earth as a sphere. Currently the environment is pretty basic. Just think of the sea. It is just represented as a perfectly flat moving texture under the whole terrain. No difference between the sea and rivers or lakes. Next you need physics for more than just aerodynamic flight. Gravity affects many things. ED didn't model the wind creating waves on the water. What about the Moon's influence on the sea? Orbiter models not everything I have mentioned but Orbiter doesn't have the quality of DCS when regarding the targets of DCS. So if ED would decide to create a space sim they would have to start pretty much from scratch.

Sry for bad english I am german.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

* Digital Communications Satellite (in the case of DCS:Voyager :D :D )

I would buy DCS: Voyager

Intrepid_class_top_quarter_aft.jpg

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo