A-10 handling

Corrigan

I haven't flown very much in 1.2.0, but yesterday, I lost control of the aircraft for the first time. I pulled up too sharply (on purpose) and entered an unrecoverable spin. I can't see this happening in 1.1.1.1 or 1.1.2.1. Is it just me or has the flight model been changed with respect to this?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Oh, interesting! It speaks to the complexity and quality of the flight model if it can still surprise you after months of flying.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Its definately more sensitive toward the stall in 1.2. Everyone I've spoken too has said it.

Sloth

"You get enough sleep when you're dead!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM WH HOTAS, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5 Pro

Processor: i5 2.67Ghz

Board: Intel DP55WB

Video: Nvidia GTX650 Ti Boost

RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1333MHz

One thing you may be mistaking is the new buffet effect when you approach stall speed/conditions. It took me a few times to get used to it myself and it does require different aircraft handling as you were previously used to.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I just spent yesterday playing around with 1.2 and the buffeting caught me by surprise as well. I used to turn the hog with the solid audible stall warning sounding. I found that the buffeting really threw me for a loop trying to do this, so I'm currently using the buffeting as que for my turn limit.

If you really want to freak yourself out try turning on the head movement from G-effects option the first time you fly 1.2. I had to turn it off, it was screwing with my real world head too much. :)

I have to say though I'm really enjoying 1.2 and the DCS: World interface so far. I actually reinstalled and purchased the v2 upgrade for Blackshark.