Cropped manuals for eReaders & Tablets available here.

Ok I've cropped all the flight manuals for DCS World modules.

Basically pages have been cropped vertically & horizontally without loosing data but allowing better viewing on eReaders and tablets.

I have a Kindle & 7inch Android tablet and this makes a huge difference on these type devices.

Probably best right click links and select 'save content as'.. otherwise your browser will likely open them in its pdf plugin. (Which works.. but can be slooow)

UPDATE 1.2.10: New cropped manuals & docs since i last did this (Sept 2014).

DCS Fw 190 D-9 Flight Manual EN_crop.pdf

DCS Fw 190 D-9 Quickstart Manual EN_crop.pdf

DCS Mi-8MTV2 QuickStart EN_crop.pdf

DCS UH-1H Flight Manual_EN_crop.pdf

DCS UH-1H QuickStart Guide EN_crop.pdf

DCS User Manual EN_crop.pdf

DCS World Input Controller Walk Through EN_crop.pdf

DCS World Su-25T Flight Manual EN_crop.pdf

Anything not in the above list has not changed.. look below for links.

I've removed all the non useful info from quick start manuals in regards to actually flying.

Quick Start manuals with all the fluff removed.

1.2.6 Manuals

DCS User Manual EN

DCS World Su-25T Flight Manual EN

DCS P-51D Flight Manual EN

DCS UH-1H Flight Manual EN

DCS FC3 Flight Manual EN (covers A10a & Su25)

DCS BS2 Flight Manual EN

DCS A-10C Flight Manual EN

Combined Arms Manual EN

Charts

DCS_VAD_Charts

DCS_GND_Charts

1.2.6 Quick Start manuals

I've just done all the QuickStrat manuals.

I've removed all the install instructions and user agreement terms etc.. these are just cockpit overviews, start up procedures, useful tips etc etc. The info in each Quick Start manual is different. I have left all useful info for learning how to fly.

If you want install instructions etc refer to the originals.

DCS Mi-8MTV2 QuickStart EN.pdf

DCS A-10C QuickStart Guide EN.pdf

DCS UH-1H QuickStart Guide EN.pdf

DCS BS2 QuickStart Guide EN.pdf

DCS P-51D QuickStart Guide EN.pdf

If you find any info has been accidentally cropped off let me know and i'll redo them. They all look fine to me from my usage of them.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 6

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

These look like they might even be useful on my phone. Thanks. Rep inbound. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Great! Can you also do the same with the mission editor manual? I think the lates one was included in A-10C 1.1.1.1.

(HJ)

Sure. here it is. DCS A-10C GUI Manual EN (crop).pdf

As you say this is the GUI manual from A10c 1.1.1.1, which is the most recent.

Added to the 1st post... I'll update it when the DCS World GUI manual is released.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Works good on my iPad. iBooks to

Thank you

Edited by tiejustice

:smartass: Clevo D900F laptop 19", I7 975, 12Gb ram, Nvidia 480m 2Gb, 1x SSD sata3 750Gb, 2x sata3 512Gb. Blu ray DVD ect. 22" second monitor.

:joystick: HOTAS Warthog A-10, saitek Pro flight yoke/pedal/throttle/switcher system's. TrackIR v5, n52te

:book: iPad 2 (i use it for FSX and A-10)

i don't own a PC any more.

It’s very nice that the manuals have been cropped and adopted for viewing,

lovely. Could any one tell me where to find the original path to the manuals on PC for DCS World and CA and SU-25T?

Root folder, Doc..? Bullshit?

Anywhere would be appreciated?

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

Using Windows Explorer to search the install folder for PDFs works pretty well. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Very much appreciated - what did you use to do this?

Nate

Excuse the late response.. not been around.

I just used the crop tool in Adobe Acrobat X pro.

Very easy job.. but due to odd and even pages being aligned differently you need to crop all the odd ones then all the even ones. It's a 2 minute job for each manual, if you know how to do it.. like all things; easy when you know how. :)

Excuse the late response.. not been around.

I just used the crop tool in Adobe Acrobat X pro.

Very easy job.. but due to odd and even pages being aligned differently you need to crop all the odd ones then all the even ones. It's a 2 minute job for each manual, if you know how to do it.. like all things; easy when you know how. :)

The doing is easy but I doubt many here have Acrobat X. I do but I tend to accumulate software.;)