RBK-500 useless?

I have tried killing tanks with RBK-500 in the T-Toad. I've tried level bombing, "CCRP"-bombing, dive bombing, auto-pilotbombing. I've dropped singles, pairs, fours, salvo, ripple, and nothing will ever die! Not tanks, not AAA, not trucks! No luck with rockets either... :joystick:

When I play online I see the Hogs laying waste on whole fotballfields with their CBUs. I go in, drop four of my largest clusterbombs, leaving a pretty impressing dustcloud. But once the dustcloud settles -> everything is still standing!

What am I doing wrong? :cry:

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

what are you doing wrong? well you brought a knife to a gun fight ;) No, in all seriousness, I just did a little test mission with the same bombs and am not having the negative results you mentioned. Maybe put up a track file or something of the bombs. Are you sure you are hitting your targets? Are you setting up the clusters correctly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.wargamelabs.com

you might need a life if you computer specs are in your sig ;)

what are you doing wrong? well you brought a knife to a gun fight ;) No, in all seriousness, I just did a little test mission with the same bombs and am not having the negative results you mentioned. Maybe put up a track file or something of the bombs. Are you sure you are hitting your targets? Are you setting up the clusters correctly?

I've tried a bit more and i learned that I have to go in very low and put the bomb right on top of the tank, and if i'm going to take out a M1 i need to release atleast a pair of them. Did manage once to take out two M1s in one run but then I released four bombs just meters above them. Would be good if there where some way to set the burst height as high-level bombing doesnt work because then the bomblets get too spread out. They need to be concentrated on the target to take it out.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

There are two types of RBK-500 in the game - RBK-500 and RBK-500U, "U" version is successor of the basic 500 and is better :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ