Attention my fellow flyers!

AegisFX

Some time ago I was looking for a group or individual to fly with in MP. I found the flight-sim-fanatics. They are a pretty decent group and I do not regret my decision. I've enjoyed my time with them very muc and have had the chance to have amazing sessions.

But I also remember being the new player looking at the MP lobby, and seeing a bunch of locked servers. I understand the reasons we all have to keep our sessions private, believe me, I really do. I think we as a community could certainly do with a handful more of the "pub" servers running, even if you only spare the public an hour of your flight time. I've been trying to balance between time flying privately with the FSF team and hosting my own open servers for others to randomly hop in and have fun.

This brings me to the main thing I'd like to discuss. What missions do you, the forum-going crowd enjoy playing, and wish there were more of? Of course, I only own the A-10C, so a ka-50 mission would be a no-go on my part( I wanna play too), but I'd be happy to have the community's input on missions people would love to hop into and help out, get live practice in, etc. So far I myself have preferred hosting operation pilot search, but I'm sure there are other missions with the same if not more quality.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

Operation pilot search is a great mission. The only downsize the mission file size is huge so takes a while to download to the clients, which makes it look like nothing is happening for ages. Then users disconnect.

My ideal public server would be a rotation of missions which are simple yet challenging. After 90minutes or so the server rotates to a new mission. I beleive there is a trigger in the mission editing options that allows you to load a mission file? Surely someone could create a 'joined up' mission structure that allows the server to rotate and keep things fresh?

I totally understand why server admins keep things locked but as you say I only have a couple of hours to play, so having to jump onto teamspeak is just another hoop that can be a pain to deal with.

I'd be up for creating a mission rotation if someone has got some ideas.

I started playing online four days ago after years of single player. And one thing I noticed is that people sometimes lock the server so that not so much people can join because of stability issues.

So before we will see more public servers the netcode has to improve (a lot).

Intel Core i5 750 @ 4 GHz, 8GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5800, Saitek X52 HOTAS & Pedals, TIR 5, Wondows 7 64bit

On Station World Edition... Still haven't tested it in 1.2.0, but it should work.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1463205&postcount=172

Graywolf's Separatist Aggression series is also a fun mission.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1506049&postcount=59

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I started playing online four days ago after years of single player. And one thing I noticed is that people sometimes lock the server so that not so much people can join because of stability issues.

So before we will see more public servers the netcode has to improve (a lot).

I've never had that much issue with the netcode. The one thing that not having a dedicated server causes is players having to host on domestic connections, which can cause issues if the player isn't familiar with how to setup their network or is unaware of software eating up their bandwidth.

Dedicated server software is a must if this game is going to survive long term.

I actually must agree with 112th Rossi on this. I fly with my group, and we do well. There may be "desync" at times, if that is what it's called when you spectate a teammate and their craft begins bouncing a bit on your screen etc. I think any issues I've had as host is due to mission and bandwidth issues(lots of AI units, lots of clients). I tried hosting a session with 15 of us. That didn't work too well, but it was honest lag between my teammates that dissipated as members left the session.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: