Awesome patch

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Absolutely awesome good work.

I could write a lot of good things about 1.1.1 after this very short time I have it - but it is enough to say that it works great from the moment you install it.

My thanks to ED for it.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

here here, i like it, but i got 2 little gripes, tv mavs doing there own thing, and popups, for some reason the popup situation is worse on my pc now, when flying over an oilrig, i only see it when just about directly above it then BANG it appears.

Exact same settings as before, everything maxed, but uber bad popups, but i will conceed that i can see ground based enemy as black dots further than before, but the big things like buildings and other stuff that are huge suffer badly.

On the whole, i like the patch, S! Mr ED

anyone else having problems with the TV mavs ?

here here, i like it, but i got 2 little gripes, tv mavs doing there own thing, and popups, for some reason the popup situation is worse on my pc now, when flying over an oilrig, i only see it when just about directly above it then BANG it appears.

You probably know this already. But I'll post it anyway. For others who don't

If you are making a mission with oilrig as a target. Add it in the attack waypoint as target-object. It will appear from very far away. It's position will be also programed to your aircraft's nav computer. That means the target will be displayed on HUD, and it's heading on steam gauges as well.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

its not just rigs, its cities, mostly the biggest buildings, they just popup from nowhere when u r practically infront of em or right above em. i dunno if the patch has done something to my install, but the popup situation is alot worse than it ever used to be imo.

example, i was flying a10 - 200feet all the way to target, i knew there was a city on my route, i could see the house and other small crap, then all of a sudden HOTEL popped up and boom. now that never happened before, it would always give me a chance to take evasive action to avoid the building/s, but this time i had 0 chance, it was just like turning a light on, one second airspace is clear, then very next second you are 50 feet from building with no way of getting out of the way.

Like i said, maybe the patch screwed something up, as my tv mavs dont work at all now, i have to use IR, but so far thats the only 2 probs i have come across in the patch.

Make a clean reinstall. Probably any tweaking you did beforehand screwed things up.

As for the mavs, try them in a 1.11 made mission, NOT in a 1.1 made mission and then see if they work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

it was clean missions i had made after 1.11 was installed :(

I tried messing with the slider, but no joy. so i guess the patch maybe did mess things up a little, the only tweaks i had in the game beforehand was hud colour and view limits, not the one where you can see your 6, just slightly tweaked so that i could see that tiny bit extra when looking out the sides. thats it, no mods/skins or anything installed.

I was doing a few A-10 missions last night using mavericks and didnt have any problems with them... used both regular and IR ones.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

With the pop-up --- did the mission have fog in it. I notice real pop-up problems in the fog :( There is a fix for this but it hit fps and not really a fix - just increases the draw distance

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

neg no fog. maybe the patch did mess with the game, cuz tv mavs dont work properly and bad popups, and this is ever since i installed the patch, no big deal, i will just uninstall and reinstall later this week and see what happens then.

Awesome patch? Are you kidding? OMG I can't believe how messed up it the sim is now. The missile behavior is all wrong, last night I fired an AIM-9 from my F-15 at a bogey and the thing snaked left then right when everybody knows they are supposed to snake RIGHT then left! When I broke into the bandit the adverse yaw induced by the assymetrical missile loadout was just too gentle. And don't get me started on roll rates! I wasn't getting any more than 346.8295 degs/sec at Vc-50 when we all know we should be getting at least 353.72!!!

It turned into a guns fight and then I just lost it. The shell trajectory in a 5G right descending turn resulted in them passing at least three meters behind the bandit (MIG-29). They should have been no more than 1.6 meters behind. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Just because I've never flown a jet fighter doesen't mean I don't know what I'm talking about either!!! And furthermore.....Ooops, er, sorry, I think I spent too much time today in the IL2 forum at ubi.com reading all the whining about patch 4.02.

LOMAC is probalbly the most complex, difficult and frustrating sim I've ever flown.

And worth every penny!

Pahkah,

Zax

I think the best fix that the new patch gave us, is the performance boost.

I can now play LOMAC with scenes set to HIGH and have like 20 fps flying low over the cities and trees.

Hats off to ED team, really good patch!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World