what are these switches for in real aircraft

seed

IFF ant is the IFF antenna switch which selects which antenna receives the signal

UHF ant is no longer in our ACFT, there use to be multiple UFH antenna's

egi hq tod is the EGI havequick time of day select switch

arm ground safety is the Armament Ground Safety Override Switch, in the ORIDE position it overrides the ground safety circuitry.

anti g suite valve test is a button the pilot can press to ensure his g suite inflates correctly once it's hooked up.

• Thanks 1

what is egi hq tod

can you explain more what do happen if i select single or disable?

In the F-16 (vipers in the storm) the havequick/ Time of day is used on the secure radios to allow them to work together I believe. I'd assume the same is in the A-10 but since all are radios are "secure" in the DCS A-10 it's pointless. IFF and Secure voice aren't simulated but you can click the switches i think.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

The arm ground safety override switch is functional in the sim as well. Comes in handy if the gear fails to retract properly!

• Like 1

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

The arm ground safety override switch is functional in the sim as well. Comes in handy if the gear fails to retract properly!

are you sure?

i think its for armament not landing gear

Seed, you're not understanding. The ground safety arm switch allows you to shoot your weapons while the landing gear is extended, which is basically what lubey said.

• Like 1

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

This is correct. It is also handy for doing tailstands like this:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

So the ground safety is connected to a down/lock switch and not a squat switch?

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

In the F-16 (vipers in the storm) the havequick/ Time of day is used on the secure radios to allow them to work together I believe. I'd assume the same is in the A-10 but since all are radios are "secure" in the DCS A-10 it's pointless. IFF and Secure voice aren't simulated but you can click the switches i think.

IFFis currently not used...Secure voice does work if you use DCSSimpleRadio OR Aries Radio...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2826669&postcount=1

http://www.ariescon.com/index1.html

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.