JTAC is slow to respond and may not respond at all

neroroxxx

• 3 weeks later...
Seconded that, what is the current state of JTAC?

Still being worked on. However it looks like the delay in replying is there to stay though. Not possible to change unfortunately.

To optimise frame rates some tasks are split up over several seconds. JTAC takes approx 8 seconds to reply in testers build. Not too bad really.

IR pointer, laser etc and several other long standing issues are being worked on.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Thank you a lot for your reply Druid.

Still being worked on. However it looks like the delay in replying is there to stay though. Not possible to change unfortunately.

To optimise frame rates some tasks are split up over several seconds. JTAC takes approx 8 seconds to reply in testers build. Not too bad really.

IR pointer, laser etc and several other long standing issues are being worked on.

8 seconds for the initial call is cool. But once you are in contact with the JTAC it would be awesome to make it faster. The conversation feels very unnatural if you're "in hot" and gotta wait 8secs for the clearance. Sometimes I have already fired upon the target before I got clearance simply because the situation was a tense one. :-/

I understand the reasoning behind this but why did the performance drop by such a significant amount in the first place? :-/ I remember standalone a-10 being much faster at JTAC. I am all for "World" instead of a bunch of standalones but there have been multiple performance hungry things added that I don't understand/see. I hope they could get fixed in the future but somehow I got the feeling that new content is more important than fixing stuff and therefore the devs hope on stronger and faster hardware to still do the job.

It's far from perfect though. And there is nothing we can do about it besides buy multiple copies of games. :( Dammit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

• 9 months later...

Still a problem with no reply from JTAC in 1.2.6. Also when on the very rare occasion he does reply, the Freq will change on it's own and you get this high pitch tone which wont go away until you either turn off the radio or change the Freq. Dont remember it ever being this bad:mad:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just recently got DCS A10 and I'm having JTAC issues as well. I started getting loops of "Abort abort abort" then I started getting no reply after reading back to JTAC, or no data received. I'll try disabling allied flight reports to see if that helps. Any tips on locating ground targets without JTAC?

EDIT

That seemed to make it worse. JTAC read me the 9 line, requested further talk-on. Never heard from him again.

Edited by a7i20ci7y

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently experiencing this issue on 1.2.10. JTAC either takes a very long time to respond, if it does, in Georgian Hammer at least.

Is the mission maybe the problem? Every now and then I read about missions breaking when played in a newer version of DCS?

Using Tapatalk

I wonder if it's a Line-of-sight thing. If JTAC doesn't see anything it simply won't respond until it does see something. Hence, the delay. Wouldn't be too hard to test this.

If he has not targets, he will tell you "No tasking available" when you first contact him.

Ok, so when you bring up the radio menu, it doesnt say Auto at the top, it shows the proper channel, AM, FM, or intercom?

DCSW 1.2.10

Been Testing with Jtac in Defend Camp Yankee single player mission. with easy comms off in my settings and also forced off in mission and yes it doesn't show Auto, but the proper AM FM, UHF.

Jtac issues with not responding back at all seem to be "Line of Sight" and Incorrect Callsign, channel Frequency and Modulation settings in the Mission Editor for all FAC - Assign Groups.

If you look at the FAC Assign group commands: you will see that they don't match in the original mission.

JTAC

-----

Set Callsign is: Darknight

Frequency: 30mhz

Modulation: FM

FAC - Assign Group commands - (Defaults to Axeman, 133mhz, AM with any and all of these commands no matter what mission has Jtac in it)

----------------------------------

Group: ins rtl sqd 3

Callsign: Axeman

Frequency: 133mhz

Modulaton: AM

Designation: Auto - (Change this to other than auto and you get "no LOS" errror)

so I changed it to:

Callsign: Darknight

Frequency: 30

Designation: WP - (Showing "NO LOS" error), So I moved the jtac hummer (to test theory) right next to the group above to give it Line of Sight and remove the error message.

Re run the mission and jtac worked for that one target that the jtac could now see via LOS (line of sight).

Hope that helps nail it down.

Cheers, Ian

987019825_Me_Defend_camp_yankee_Jtacwrong.thumb.jpg.914c727eaa1fdf3d9cbc928101de555a.jpg

1206208595_Me_Defend_camp_yankee_JtacCorrected.thumb.jpg.066d982a0077727ee4b0791fe968f557.jpg

fLIGHT_JTAC_1.thumb.jpg.07c53b5d127926d21ab2496cea5e6c01.jpg

FLIGHT_JTAC_2.thumb.jpg.2790122ea048eadff81b9548844783c4.jpg

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

That rings a bell ...

Mission editors beware: I had hundreds of units set to unique callsigns and FM frequencies for JTAC purposes in 1.2.6. When I updated to 1.2.8, I was horrified to see this new JTAC stuff in the mission editor, with EVERYTHING reset to defaults of Axeman 1, on 133.00 AM. Groan...

I do remember reading about that bit, but putting the correct assignments still didn't make the mission work.

Some thing to do with "Line of Sight", I thought that if you had:

Perform Task / FAC - Assign Group command - it knew exactly were the targets were at mission start (ie it doesnt use LOS), but if you assign, Enroute Task / FAC - Assign Group command - it had to detect the targets by LOS

I may be incorrect and have interpreted the manual incorrectly, I am no expert :book:.

Regards, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• ED Team

Maybe two issue? For example in Georgian Hammer, I can get JTAC to respond just fine if I set FM and dont use Auto...

DCSW 1.2.10

Been Testing with Jtac in Defend Camp Yankee single player mission. with easy comms off in my settings and also forced off in mission and yes it doesn't show Auto, but the proper AM FM, UHF.

Jtac issues with not responding back at all seem to be "Line of Sight" and Incorrect Callsign, channel Frequency and Modulation settings in the Mission Editor for all FAC - Assign Groups.

If you look at the FAC Assign group commands: you will see that they don't match in the original mission.

JTAC

-----

Set Callsign is: Darknight

Frequency: 30mhz

FAC - Assign Group commands - (Defaults to Axeman, 133mhz, AM with any and all of these commands no matter what mission has Jtac in it)

----------------------------------

Callsign: Axeman

Frequency: 133mhz

Modulaton: AM

Designation: Auto - (Change this to other than auto and you get "no LOS" errror)

so I changed it to:

Callsign: Darknight

Frequency: 30

Designation: WP - (Showing "NO LOS" error), So I moved the jtac hummer (to test theory) right next to the group above to give it Line of Sight and remove the error message.

Re run the mission and jtac worked for that one target that the jtac could now see via LOS (line of sight).

Hope that helps nail it down.

Cheers, Ian

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png