I put two and two together and if Nevada is released...

RagnarDa

seems I have to pull out this quote again from one of the DCS producers... well, I don't have a clue if this will help this topic :D

this is taken from a interview with JimMack (Jim Mackonochie) almost 1,5 years ago http://games.on.net/article/11576/Developer_Interview_DCS_A10Cs_Jim_Mackonochie

games.on.net: Anything else you'd like to add?

Jim Mackonochie: Coding has already started on the next aircraft in the DCS series. All I can say is that it will be a USA fixed wing aircraft!

Head over to the official site to pre-order the game now, and gain entry to the existing beta version. We've spent some time with the latest version and it's shaping up to be every simmer's wet dream, even if Kelly McGillis isn't included!

Daniel,

Have we to repeat the same explanations on and on again?! (there are already some thread about it..)

In short : A swept wing aircraft belongs to the fixed-wing family.

Even shorter and good to memorize:

X-Wing = fixed wing.

Edited by PeterP

Even shorter and good to memorize:

X-Wing= fixed wing.

Actually the X-Wing is not fixed wing. "Lock S-Foils in Attack position" :music_whistling:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Daniel,

Have we to repeat the same explanations on and on again?! (there are already some thread about it..)

Sorry bad joke in reference to those threads...(edit: i think they used fixed wing to mean non-helicopter...)

On topic: Top Gun is a fantastically silly film. Utterly, completely silly. There, I said it.

Anyone here watch beyond the first 30 minutes of the movie anymore?

On topic: Top Gun is a fantastically silly film. Utterly, completely silly. There, I said it.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

tumblr_m7bsshfgfb1rrdtbho1_250.gif

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Yeah I think that was what it was. ED have a lot of things on their plate right now (DCSW, third-party SDK, FC3) so another aircraft is probably far far into the future. Besides, the link in the above quote went to DCS:A-10C.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Man... just let it roll for the first 5 minutes... There is no other movie that can break loose that much emotions for me within it's first 5 minutes...

Oh boay do I wanna launch my DCS Tomcat from the deck... :cheer3nc:

Not to mention the flybys... :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

special request to ED. The Mig insulter as an executable pilot animation. :D

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 2 weeks later...

You sure are forgetting ED are sons of Mother Russia, eh... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Looked through bits of BlackShark - the movie (Чёрная акула). The chopper is featured quite extensively and it looks like they got the handling of it pretty much spot on. Can't comment on the story of the movie though cause I'm afraid I can't speak russian (sadly).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Lets be realistic IRL they used to show the Soviet pilots playboy centrefolds instead of the Mig insulter.:thumbup:

(I heard such mags were illegal back then over there)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]