DCS World Right Eng Start Problem

Marine

Save a track and attach it to your post.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes, do not use a video recording. Use a TRK file. Videos requires at everything that happens is visible in the video, which is practically impossible. A trk file allows us freedom to look around at everything that is going on.

To save a track file, just exit flight after demonstrating the behaviour and select "save track" at the debrief screen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

This happened to me last night. Didn't think to save the track, assumed I was being a dumbass (because I had been a dumbass about something else shortly before that, so I figured I was on a roll). Had to quit after that. Will try later tonight when I can play again.

Anyway, also #2 engine, all boost pumps on. Checked every engine related switch I could think of. As I said, I'll try again soon.

Edit to add: Nope, try as I might (even replicating the playing around I was doing before I actually tried to start) I can't get it to happen again.

Edited by ARM505

In my real flying this is a hung start and is caused by no ignition. The reason for that is usually lack of electrical power to the igniters. The ignition system for each engine could be sourced to separate buses which could also be why the left starts fine. If this isn't a World bug the first thing I would check is that the inverter is on (igniters are AC powered).

Marine.. When you finish the mission, on the debrief page, you will get the option to "Save Track" (or something along that line). Select this and it will open a save track file dialog box. Simply save the file (with the .trk extension) to you desktop so you can find it again easily.

After that, go to these forums and select "Go Advanced" on the bottom of the forum here, right beside "Post Quick Reply", can't miss it..

From there, select the "paper clip" symbol near the top of the box which opens the attachment portion. Simply upload the .trk file you saved to your desktop and submit..et Voila..you track file is attached to the post.

To view the trackfile on your own computer, simply select it like you select a mission, and let it play.

Hopefully this is what you are asking.

Edited by Spetz

In my real flying this is a hung start and is caused by no ignition. The reason for that is usually lack of electrical power to the igniters. The ignition system for each engine could be sourced to separate buses which could also be why the left starts fine. If this isn't a World bug the first thing I would check is that the inverter is on (igniters are AC powered).

Yup, gotta make sure the inverter is on or you won't get anything :D

It's been around for ages. Some airfields - and to be more precise some particular parking slots - you put the power on, inverter on, fuel pumps on and still the right engine refuses to start. Has happened to me a couple of times...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

There ya go!

Also, might want to check in dcs world options/settings if you have random failures checked or not.

In any case, the fix is to let the engine motor a bit by clicking the switch next to the throttle. This lets any excess fuel burn off. Then restart engine start procedure (throttle all the way back, engine off, engine on)