Multiplayer message bug (no not that one)

Gazehound

I have had this bug for some time now, before 1.11. When I am in a multiplayer game I mostly do not get the kill/land messages (when permitted) or the chat messages.

They sometimes DO appear, and I can read then if I go to a message mode but this is useless as I cant just keep checking this to see if someone has chatted to me. I was hoping that I could see something in the config.lua file that would be doing this, and I was hoping that 1.11 would fix it - but no joy.

Is there something I can do besides re-install?

EDIT:

I have this in config.lua:

chat {
   height = 55;
   delay = 10000;

Yes. Check the config file in the network lua, I think there's a chat window line count somewhere there which you may have set to 0.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ah sorry mate, I know of what bug you speak of now. I also suffer from it also. That flight I had the other night with Wolfie I didn't have a single kill message. I asked Wolfie about it on msn afterwards but he had no ideas on the subject.

Sometimes when I open and close it the team chat keys then the global chat keys it fixes it but it would be nice to know of a

permanent fix (if any).